Feedback Wanted: Character Balance

Options

Comments

• turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 768 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Some characters could use super soldier serum
    Think it’s clear what the people want 240 votes and almost 80% want to see improvements made to some characters. 

So whilst most of us find it frustrating to get past gritty teams and worthy HE teams and a few more. If you even things up a bit for some of the oldies and even some newer ones there will be fewer complaints 
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Some characters could use a dusting of nerf powder
    Think it’s clear what the people want 240 votes and almost 80% want to see improvements made to some characters. 

So whilst most of us find it frustrating to get past gritty teams and worthy HE teams and a few more. If you even things up a bit for some of the oldies and even some newer ones there will be fewer complaints 
    It's also clear from many people's comments that many players desires are somewhere in the middle.

I said nerf powder but want to see 5* match damage leveled out like every other tier. Many other players said buff but also called a handful of characters op that need nerfed.
  • BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2020
    Options

A. Many people stated that they chose buff, but would like to see both buffs and nerfs but both wasn't an option.  If both was an option I wouldn't be surprised if that got the most votes.

B. The forum represent a very small portion of the player base.  You're talking about 240 votes out of tens of thousands of people who actually play the game. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So what we are saying then is that this was a fundamentally bad idea and we should just disregard the results because yes/no is too narrow a range of options? Lol!
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,602 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No, they're saying that knowledge of what most want cannot be gleaned from polling a tiny tiny percentage of those people, especially when the poll answers are not as diverse as people's actual opinions.

There's still plenty that can be learned from the 22 pages of player feedback. But I assume you know that and you're just being needlessly obtuse.
  • Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Balance is fine right now
    If that was a democratic poll yes. But freemium games cannot be democratic and all opinions dont worth the same. Depends of how much investment of money and time of each player, how much they play and how much they know how to play.
    And nerfing a meta that thousands of players are following usually leds to a huge backslash. 
    A lot of times better to develop a good antimeta character than to nerf one that is working right now.
    I dont use bishop but I dont want to see pvp unplayed, you know.
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    No, they're saying that knowledge of what most want cannot be gleaned from polling a tiny tiny percentage of those people, especially when the poll answers are not as diverse as people's actual opinions.

There's still plenty that can be learned from the 22 pages of player feedback. But I assume you know that and you're just being needlessly obtuse.
    Or perhaps I am being needfully obtuse? At least I wasn't rude. 😀
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,179 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2020
    Options

I predict BRBishop will be a defensive meta team in pick two for sure. You’re either stun locked or eating a big nuke, and have to fight through waves of protect tiles while keeping an eye on opponent green. I barely get hit when I run Jessica/Bish (way way less than Gritty). BRBishop will be instaskip I imagine. 

[...]What I didn't account for was how Bishop's yellow passive makes this team even more disgusting. [...]

If you go to his character thread, I called that out right off the bat:

So this character is going to generate Protect tiles for opponent Bishop to eat and turn into blue AP at battle start on top of Bishop earning maximum blue AP after your first turn? 
    This seems desirable and fine.
    I continue to believe that Dazzler was intended as the Bishop counter, you just need to hardcore invest in putting levels on her so she can actually be in front on enemy turn-1 somehow.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2020
    Options

Oh...and I'm much less excited to pull for Surfer in the release store now.  I was thinking "yay! I finally have a chance to nab the Bishop counter!".  The issue is, Surfer is not a Bishop counter.  He's a stun counter.  Now that we are getting strong 5s who can use the blue AP even better than Bishop himself (Bill, Havok, Sinister), the ONE counter for him is no longer viable.  Please remedy this (if you are in fact still looking at feedback or reading your forums).

Agreed. Surfer was a passable solution before the new blue generation but now he doesn't stand a chance. I would definitely love to see a Surfer buff that puts him in the same league as the latest set of 5* characters.

I also think 5* Black Widow should definitely get an update with her new movie coming out. 
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Anybody doing Crash today can see how bad some of these old 5* are. My fight lasted literally 30 seconds - sure it isn't a Champed Tony you face but he is do out of touch power wise that even an old 4 like Marvel just shrugs him aside. Sure she is top tier but it should not be *that* easy.
  • Reecoh
    Reecoh Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    edited February 2020
    Options
    I kind of feel like the game would benefit from removing the stun mechanic entirely.
    The BIg Bad Boss fights already don't allow it which is a not-so-subtle nerf to any character who stuns.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,179 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It always used to seem to me like the benchmark of how good a given 4* was based on who they were put up against in their crash. Good ones got weakened 5*s, normal ones had 4* opponents, and lame ones had jumped up 3*s as opponents. 
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    Quite possibly true but Tony lasted 30 seconds. I guess there might be a joke in there but my obtuse butt isn't seeing it...
  • jneidus
    jneidus Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Options
    DAZ0273 said:
    Quite possibly true but Tony lasted 30 seconds. I guess there might be a joke in there but my obtuse butt isn't seeing it...
    https://youtu.be/iYhYzqqs8pQ?t=20
  • DAZ0273
    Options
    jneidus - I tried to give an insightful AND a like but this forum clearly feels that we should restrain our praise. But nice work, matey! 
  • Jacklag
    Jacklag Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Havok could have been the Bishop soft-nerf that 5* players have been calling for. Since he absorbs radiation from his surroundings, they could have given him a passive that drains AP from the enemy team if they have a pool greater than X in a given color. Pair that with Silver Surfer and Bishop would be history.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There are already a number of working suggestions on how to counter those teams. Regardless of what the counter is, some will find any excuse just to dismiss those counters. They are simply not interested in counters and simply only want to see Bishop get nerfed so that they can Thorkoye or Gritty away while watching Netflix.  >:)

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Balance is fine right now
    There are already a number of working suggestions on how to counter those teams. Regardless of what the counter is, some will find any excuse just to dismiss those counters. They are simply not interested in counters and simply only want to see Bishop get nerfed so that they can Thorkoye or Gritty away while watching Netflix.  >:)

Haha! Totally. Creativity is not wellcomed. And some day they think I am getting bored of the game, what happened?
    Too much easy pattered grinding teams, that happened.