***** Carnage (Prophet of Knull) *****

15678911»

Comments

• 111MCH111
    111MCH111 Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    I love 4* Carnage with Medusa and Kitty. Strong team.
    But now there is 5* Carnage combined with Kitty and R&G. 😍
    Insane strong passives while my Carnage has only 1 red / 1 green and 1 black cover. When 
    combined with Gritty in PVE, anything goes down quickly. 
    Knul gives you one free move, starting the third turn. I use Kitty with 3 purple. Special tile matches generate extra attack tiles, Kitty keeps boosting. Especially with Green of Rocket (two free moves, and attack tiles) 20k damage or more easily. Nothing can stop this team in PVE.
  • RickOShay
    RickOShay Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    I just now noticed something curious with Carnage. The 'free' turn that he takes does not exhibit the same behavior of a typical AI match. During this free turn, he makes Any randomly available match on the board, but does Not favor his teams ability colors:
    I had no blue user on my team, red and black matches were available, and on the free turn he matched blue. This same thing happened again in a different match with yellow.  

The AI always prioritizes a match in colors that they have powers in (strongest match damage colors), even if the color is on a passive ability. Apparently Carnage doesn't play by those rules (guess I should't be surprised). 
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    Is 5Carnage useful for anything other than a cheap red AOE ?

I'm likely blowing my recent stash in LL to complete 5ProfX and not looking forward to 5Carnage at all. Which is sad as like many of you, I like 4Carnage quite a bit and had hoped a 5* wouldn't be such a letdown. 

Doesn't seem like he produces enough special tiles or strong enough tiles to bother. There are so many decent red abilities in the game already. His red which is decent for being cheap has the drawback of damaging your team as well, not sure why I'd bother using it. 

I had thought he may have some good times with Hela, but he seems a bit slow and tiles he contributes won't buff until an enemy is downed. With his green destroying tiles, you could be destroying your own more powerful tiles from other characters to be replaced with Carnages weaker versions. 

I feel like I'd only use him with Thanos in PVE to eat some damage and keep more valuable characters healthy.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    tonypq said:
    Is 5Carnage useful for anything other than a cheap red AOE ?

I'm likely blowing my recent stash in LL to complete 5ProfX and not looking forward to 5Carnage at all. Which is sad as like many of you, I like 4Carnage quite a bit and had hoped a 5* wouldn't be such a letdown. 

Doesn't seem like he produces enough special tiles or strong enough tiles to bother. There are so many decent red abilities in the game already. His red which is decent for being cheap has the drawback of damaging your team as well, not sure why I'd bother using it. 

I had thought he may have some good times with Hela, but he seems a bit slow and tiles he contributes won't buff until an enemy is downed. With his green destroying tiles, you could be destroying your own more powerful tiles from other characters to be replaced with Carnages weaker versions. 

I feel like I'd only use him with Thanos in PVE to eat some damage and keep more valuable characters healthy.

I see a few people liking him with Beta Ray Bill, who you'll likely also pick up if you pull now. There def seems to be some synergy there.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like him for the auto-match. Mine is only 1/0/2, but on the required nodes I run him with Okoye/Chavez and it really helps gather that AP and get those match-4s. Now that I have Profe$$or X I’ll probably swap him in for Chavez next time to see how that goes.
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    Seriously you think they would have learned by now, Kitty, Red Hulk they get savaged and then they come out and everything changes.  :)
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just wanted to chime in that Carbage is super fun to play. Just FYI - his red double-dips on the primary target if it does the AOE secondary hit, and that double dip will stack Wakanda Forever!. So I was doing 80k single target damage to the character in front and 30k to the wingpersons with him only leveled in the 300s