***** Carnage (Prophet of Knull) *****

15678911»

Comments

• KhanwulfKhanwulf Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    I documented my 300+ pull results in a separate thread, but after receiving 46 of these latest legends, I had a fully covered Storm, a level 454 Iceman...and a 7/0/9 Prof X.  That purple is awfully elusive...
    Sadly I didn't do as well, but can agree that darn purple ProfX is super elusive!

Ugh.

--Khanwulf
  • leoperez90leoperez90 Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    Spider-Man 2099. Going by release pattern he should have been the 5 and we’d have a second Carnage in the 4* tier. Maybe that’s what happened?

Designer 1: Hey I have this awesome idea for a a 4*.  Carnage! He can work well with Prowler, Medusa, Venom and a slew of other 4s!

Designer 2: Umm... you realize we already have a Carnage in the 4* tier right??

Designer 1: Really!?  Geez there’s 90 characters in that tier alone, you expect me to remember them ALL? 

Designer 2: Yeah kinda. 

Designer 1: *reads old Carnage’s power descriptions* I thought my ideas sounded familiar. I guess subconsciously I made a weaker version of a character we already had. Oh well, why not just pump up the match damage and call it a 5*!? We can make 2099 a 4 to go with all the other web tile makers. 

Designer 2: But 2099 was supposed to revive Parker in the 5* tier and he pairs really well with Okoye. Carnage doesn’t really have synergy with any-

Designer 1: Quiet you!! Write-up this blog, and make him sound AWESOME!
    LOVED IT haha 
  • BuzzedLightbeerBuzzedLightbeer Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    Khanwulf said:
    I documented my 300+ pull results in a separate thread, but after receiving 46 of these latest legends, I had a fully covered Storm, a level 454 Iceman...and a 7/0/9 Prof X.  That purple is awfully elusive...
    Sadly I didn't do as well, but can agree that darn purple ProfX is super elusive!

Ugh.

--Khanwulf

Sorry to hear it hid from you as well!  
  • Vins2Vins2 Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Had a chance to fight a Carbage in slice 1 I don't think champed bc he wasn't past level 500.  But he's gonna be a deterrent if only bc his passive makes matches go so much slower.  Not Worthy/HE slow but it'll still make you wish instead for the fast 3turn death of a bad gritty fight.
  • bluewolfbluewolf Posts: 3,388 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vins2 said:
    Had a chance to fight a Carbage in slice 1 I don't think champed bc he wasn't past level 500.  But he's gonna be a deterrent if only bc his passive makes matches go so much slower.  Not Worthy/HE slow but it'll still make you wish instead for the fast 3turn death of a bad gritty fight.
    I agree he’s a troll character but obviously not much good to use in hops. 

One difference between Carnage and other troll teams (hairtrigger 4’s or Gritty) is you will still almost always win vs Carnage, at least once he’s not godboosted. At least, I think so. 

So he basically seems like a lesser annoyance that won’t have a huge impact on the game. Maybe you would climb with him and take less hits but all your matches will be slow and you’ll be taking more time to play this game. 
  • 111MCH111111MCH111 Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    I love 4* Carnage with Medusa and Kitty. Strong team.
    But now there is 5* Carnage combined with Kitty and R&G. 😍
    Insane strong passives while my Carnage has only 1 red / 1 green and 1 black cover. When 
    combined with Gritty in PVE, anything goes down quickly. 
    Knul gives you one free move, starting the third turn. I use Kitty with 3 purple. Special tile matches generate extra attack tiles, Kitty keeps boosting. Especially with Green of Rocket (two free moves, and attack tiles) 20k damage or more easily. Nothing can stop this team in PVE.
  • RickOShayRickOShay Posts: 273 Mover and Shaker
    I just now noticed something curious with Carnage. The 'free' turn that he takes does not exhibit the same behavior of a typical AI match. During this free turn, he makes Any randomly available match on the board, but does Not favor his teams ability colors:
    I had no blue user on my team, red and black matches were available, and on the free turn he matched blue. This same thing happened again in a different match with yellow.  

The AI always prioritizes a match in colors that they have powers in (strongest match damage colors), even if the color is on a passive ability. Apparently Carnage doesn't play by those rules (guess I should't be surprised).