Your latest fun team combination

Comments

• MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    More of an idea that a team I have tried, but the damage criteria that Yondu has to turn his blue passive off, is that X damage in 1 hit, or is it accumulative? If it’s for 1 hit, he could work great with bishop, as bishop would protect him. Has anyone tried this yet?

I’d have a go myself, but my yondu isn’t strong enough to use yet
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    bishop is a mvp. 
    so many possibilities. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    How are y'all keeping Bishop alive on offense? Are you even, or just switching to him for your defense team?
  • MrEd95
    OJSP said:
    MrEd95 said:
    More of an idea that a team I have tried, but the damage criteria that Yondu has to turn his blue passive off, is that X damage in 1 hit, or is it accumulative? If it’s for 1 hit, he could work great with bishop, as bishop would protect him. Has anyone tried this yet?
    1 hit. Bishop will keep jumping to the front to protect Yondu.
    Awesome. I’ll have to give this a try as soon as possible 
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    How are y'all keeping Bishop alive on offense? Are you even, or just switching to him for your defense team?
    He doesn't last terribly long on offense, which is probably a good thing. It makes the proposition of doing sustained climbs with him highly unlikely, unless you've already leveled him extremely high or you've got tons of healthpacks to commit to the cause. 

He does last slightly longer if paired with 5trange. It doesn't take long to get the AI team stunlocked, and 5trange's blue does damage, so that takes the enemy team out quicker. 
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2019
    DarthDeVo said:
    He doesn't last terribly long on offense, which is probably a good thing. It makes the proposition of doing sustained climbs with him highly unlikely, unless you've already leveled him extremely high or you've got tons of healthpacks to commit to the cause. 

He does last slightly longer if paired with 5trange. It doesn't take long to get the AI team stunlocked, and 5trange's blue does damage, so that takes the enemy team out quicker. 
    Yeah. He's a health pack drainer, but he is still a lot of fun to play with the right teams/partners. If I'm ending a climb with health packs in reserve, I'll switch to him, Rogue and Iceman and hope for people who don't know his power set/forget what he does to try and attack me. He's currently better than the Kitty teams people are using as a deterrent when their Kitty only has a yellow cover...
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    DarthDeVo said:

Yeah. He's a health pack drainer, but he is still a lot of fun to play with the right teams/partners. If I'm ending a climb with health packs in reserve, I'll switch to him, Rogue and Iceman and hope for people who don't know his power set/forget what he does to try and attack me. He's currently better than the Kitty teams people are using as a deterrent when their Kitty only has a yellow cover...
    that team is just cruel, wow
  • jtsings
    jtsings Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2019
      I'm sure it's not a new team but my "favorite" node :/ "The Rider Awakens" has a pretty dang tough contender this time around thanks to W4sp being boosted.  So I ran W4sp, C4rol (5/5/3) and Valkyrie and my team is swimming in Yellow AP pretty much the whole match.  The first round I didn't even get 6 AP in Blue but not only was I bringing the pain with high damage but any powers fired against me gave little to no damage.  Again, it's not the fastest team but it's very effective as long as you can keep the strike and protect tile on the board.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm fighting waves of ninjas and Mindless Ones over & over in Strange Sights, as we all are. I finally got fed up with their goony antics and never-ending tile spamming! I went back to the 3-star well and dusted off my Dr. Strange to go with Kitty and Grocket (w/ Milano support) to make them pay.

Kitty is my new favorite character to use against tile spammers. Between her Circuit Breaker leaping around and causing damage, the Milano countdown firing by turn 3, and Strange's Flames of the Faltine... all boosted by Grocket's strikes... the goons simply commit suicide by doing what they do in no time flat.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    I'm fighting waves of ninjas and Mindless Ones over & over in Strange Sights, as we all are. I finally got fed up with their goony antics and never-ending tile spamming! I went back to the 3-star well and dusted off my Dr. Strange to go with Kitty and Grocket (w/ Milano support) to make them pay.

Kitty is my new favorite character to use against tile spammers. Between her Circuit Breaker leaping around and causing damage, the Milano countdown firing by turn 3, and Strange's Flames of the Faltine... all boosted by Grocket's strikes... the goons simply commit suicide by doing what they do in no time flat.
    How well do you rank with that team? I like it, but I always thought it would be slower than Gritty-Thanos so I never tried it. 
  • Dormammu
    bbigler said:
    How well do you rank with that team? I like it, but I always thought it would be slower than Gritty-Thanos so I never tried it. 
    I don't have GE Doom so it's hard to tell in this event overall, but it was quick on SCL 7. I think I was 6th when I finished my initial clears on the ninja sub last night. Took me less than 30 minutes.
  • MrEd95
    In Shield sim, I’ve been using bishop, riri and ragnarok a bit. It’s not flawless, but one time I got 18 blue ap before turn 2. Bishop didn’t last long after that, but I don’t think I had many more turns, as i had enough blue to start on the riri ragnarok winfinite
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    MrEd95 said:
    In Shield sim, I’ve been using bishop, riri and ragnarok a bit. It’s not flawless, but one time I got 18 blue ap before turn 2. Bishop didn’t last long after that, but I don’t think I had many more turns, as i had enough blue to start on the riri ragnarok winfinite
    Oh, man. I didn't even think of that, but you're right. Bishop is just about perfect for jump-starting Ragfinity.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Miles, Spider-Gwen, and Iron Spider is wicked fun. Chase blue & green matches first to start spamming webs, then just start chasing the webs. 

6 purple means a double stun (and more webs). You'll have cherry bomb down to a puny 6 red in no time. Miles yellow spams more webs. Parker's green spams more webs. You'll be healing and generating AP on every web match from either team and be swimming in purple and red and heals before long. Get Parker out front if a big hit is incoming and he'll just shrug it off. 

My Parker is 4/4/4, 225 to go along with the two champs, but it works. Probably not viable on defense but in your hands it can punch above its weight. 
    I've seen this team a few times in simulator. The only one I've actually champed so far is Miles, though the others are covered at 209. I wonder how well it work as a climb team now in my new single-5* champ MMR? Curious to try it out once I get back on top of my iso grind lol
  • Dormammu
    edited February 2019
    The Spider teams generally work great. I was enjoying it last week when Gwen was boosted. Her and 5-star Peter Parker go so well together. I wish other affiliations had similar mechanic/synergy that the Spider-guys get with web tiles. Like, it would be really cool if all the Fantastic Four characters had a 'tech tile' mechanic that each of them did different things with.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    All three of my Spider-Verse 4* characters are all champed, and their synergy is really, really good. I prefer 5* Spidey over Iron Spider, because his Red and Green hit harder. Irn Spider tends to get rid of a lot of webs, and if you have Miles hiding in the shadows, that Surprise power can really, really pack a strong punch. He's going to be one of the 5* I chase covers for in the future. 

My go to this week has been 4* Luke Cage, 3* Doc Strange and 4* Grocket. By the second spamming of tiles, the team is taking 1 damage a turn at best against goons and the like, and every time they put more tiles on the board, Strange is hitting them for damage. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    Blue Shift sucked. Slow and painful matches with Slowsilver. And of course cascading into an AOE that smashes your own Thor is never fun. 

Red Shift is sooooo much better. Right now I’m liking Daredevil/Kitty as my team of choice. Kitty continually pops the enemy repeater to do free damage. Daredevil tanks and lets you chase purple (all while creating tiles for Kitty to buff). Then you cast Wanda’s purple for a lengthier stun-fueled DD beatdown or DD purple if you need a targeted stun or there are tiles to steal. Pretty fun!

DD/Cable is also once again really fun.  I like chasing yellow anyway (DD tanks it) so having it fortify the switch tile is awfully nice. Really tempted to champ Goblin for the insta-fortify but instead am staying the course and saving up. 
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Someone should try 5*Loki + Prof-X + Switch in this PVP.  It should work great.....when Switch's CD tile goes off you could get 5+4 Purple along with a Prof-X headache.  Then Loki is fueled up to Nuke someone.  I would try it but my Loki and Professor aren't champed. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    I was having fun with GR:RR/Quicksilver/Kamala Khan in Blue Shift. Use KK's purple to turn some other color into green, and then let Hell Ride go to work. That team is a little slower by virtue of Hell Ride taking forever to resolve as it walks down the board, so I could be a little more deliberate about blue matches with QS.

Red Shift I've not really got a killer team. I did the same setup with SWitch in the middle, but the purple CD takes too long to resolve, and it makes me especially vulnerable to Kitty teams. So I replaced KK with Valkyrie, and actually the strike spam helps keep Kitty busy until GR:RR can get moving. I still can't hang on to points, but it's a playable team.