Your latest fun team combination

Options

Comments

• ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dogface said:
    With the Mindless Ones pumping out countdown tiles like crazy, it's not a bad idea to replace Nico with Strange.
    Yeah, R&G/Nico/Kitty (mine's only 2/0/0 Lv285) is more of a fun team to screw around with than one that's actually viable. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Daken PVP: Kitty and Daredevil. 

My DD is purposely 10 levels higher so he tanks for Kitty.  Match Yellow (fuels Kitty shields) and Green (fuels DD hand-2-hand) which creates friendly strikes for Kitty to buff and enemy strikes for Kitty to eat. 2 green matches gets the buff machine going. DD tanks 3 colors (also puts down strikes at half health) and Daken tanks 2 colors allowing you to move between the two and take turns true healing. All the passive strikes make it easy to keep DD alive and tanking. 
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dogface said:
    With the Mindless Ones pumping out countdown tiles like crazy, it's not a bad idea to replace Nico with Strange.
    The first cardinal rule when facing Mindless Ones: bring Dr. Strange. Make them pay for taking up so much of your time dropping their multiple countdowns every turn. Pairing him with an even moderately covered/leveled Okoye will cause the Mindless Ones to commit suicide in short order. Throw in Grocket to add even more sting to Strange's yellow.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,167 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    or 3* Thanos if you're flush with health packs
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Dakken is one of my favorite covers in the game. There are so many obvious pairings, but I feel like trying some not so obvious and see what happens. Cable(5/5/3 lvl 365)/Medusa/Dakken Pretty clear the idea. Green fuels Cable and creates strikes. No wasted AP gen from Medusa. Potential blue/green combo for stuns and heavy AP gen. Cable can lock up some tiles with yellow. Couple games it was pretty fun actually. It's amazing how quick you can get green AP.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,112 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    or 3* Thanos if you're flush with health packs
    Or 5* Thanos if you've got him...and are flush with health packs.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,167 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    5* court death doesn’t benefit from Wakanda Forever because of the stun though
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Bishop, 4*Luke Cage, Iceman in PVE against goons/minions. When goons fire power, Luke create protect tiles, which Bishop use to create blue AP for Iceman to spam
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In the current PVE, against Ultron Sentries and anything creating tiles, OML with 3* level 150 wasp gauntlets (so he always tanks blue as well, and heals an extra 850 per turn) , mr fantastic, and anyone with nifty free powers on colors oml tanks .. no-one takes damage, free powers being fired all over the place.. including imaginaut, which once one or 2 are on the board, nothing matters anymore, it's over.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof said:
    ...OML with 3* level 150 wasp gauntlets...
    I always imagine supports so literally, and it often makes me laugh.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    Malcrof said:
    HA!!! Never even realized i gave gloves to old claw hands.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof said:
    Dormammu said:
    Malcrof said:
    He'll need a new pair of gloves after every match. 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,112 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Malcrof said:
    Dormammu said:
    Malcrof said:
    The LVL 3 gauntlets are really a good support for OML.  He tanks blue if you don't have a 5-star blue user, and it boosts his normal healing ability.  I've got my set equipped to him as well.

• jtsings
    jtsings Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2019
    Options
       Rogue has always been an All-Star for me in PVP but whenever C4rol is boosted Rogue just kills an opposing C4rol team.  In Identity Theft she takes away the strongest damage colors away from both C4rol and Mystique; all the while making it super easy for your own C4rol to put out her "Countdown of Death" tiles.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2019
    Options
    just need to have her as the highest member of both teams, otherwise you "only" block their black ap but carols team damage will not proc

edit:
    and make sure your own carol is higher than she hulk. 
    found a team with Carol as highest member, then messed everything up myself by not replacing the high level she hulk. 

and leave 4*dp alone...
  • jtsings
    jtsings Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    ammenell said:
    just need to have her as the highest member of both teams, otherwise you "only" block their black ap but carols team damage will not proc

To the contrary it actually works just as well if you have a different color as highest color especially because of all the Xpool and C4rol teams out there.  I actually had Mystique as my highest leveled character, so every time they made a black match, which gave them no AP, I was able to get closer to a stun with Mystique's purple.  Xpool didn't usually factor into the match at all besides sometimes getting off his annoying Countdown for What tiles.
  • zippee
    zippee Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I like to use Phoenix and Tomahawk Hulk. Its fun in pve. Especially when the hulk is boosted.Save 14 pink for gamma powerbomb then KAWBOOM.
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Been pushing teams with rebalanced Reed and I have an early "fun" team; There is definitely some tinkering still but I call it "Bug-Hunt": Just chase down enemy specials. 

MEH Hulk(5/5/3) center
    Re-Reed(5/3/5 Left)
    Kitty(4/5/0 right)

I run Kitty for two main reasons: Circuit Breaker is overlooked next to P&C but hits hard, buys time. That she is missing any red covers is actually better for this cuz thats one less power that could be free GammaBomb. 

Hulk keeps the corners moving and gives random matches. His bomb for free is amazing, his Crowd Goes Wild conditions Reeds' Flexibility. 

Reed really wants to prioritize black. timing it so Imaginauts go off every turn is a steamroller. His stun finishes it.

It requires some targeting because you want their spammer out as long as possible, and sometimes you get a free stun and need to readjust but mostly low strategy. Whatever enemy special match you can regardless of color, if you can't make one then Black/Purple are your two to pursue. once you get a free power your on:
    you get free CGW: the AP will ramp you into another power
    you get  free GB: Hulk Squash!!
    you get a free P&C: Shields buffed out will buy you all the time you need to really get going
    You get a free stun: buys you time
    you get free imaginaut: you'll get charged to ramp,yellow AP for CGW, specials4 kitty, some crazy cascades with the locked tiles that I have found to actually be useful

Kitty gouges away short circuiting them, your Imaginauts get going and the board turns into fun chaos, Hulk starts throwing things around the board and trips the light Master of the Fantastic into procing a bomb that wipes the front target and 5*crit cascades through the next in line and also tally's up enough enemy special matches to trigger ANOTHER free power on the third and then at the start of your next turn kitty finishes it cuz you just cleared the board. The burst heals from Reed and CGW are somewhat sustainable, kitty will need HP occasionally.

getting a free gamma, then casting the one you earned from the cascades and having it fade to black while the board is still resolving away never gets old.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 976 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Now that Nico is boosted, I paired her with Gritty. Tiles get boosted twice.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dogface said:
    Now that Nico is boosted, I paired her with Gritty. Tiles get boosted twice.
    How much does a boosted Nico buff?