Your latest fun team combination

Options

Comments

• MaxPowers
    MaxPowers Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Domino Vulture Peggy

It doesn't hurt that they are all boosted for the current PVE event, but there are just so many ways to go about dismantling your prey the matches feel like they end too soon.

Usually with Vulture swooping down with 16k team damage, while Im waiting for Do As Peggy Says to fire off another 30k, and Dominoes red nuke nearing completion, ready to take out a black heavy board and give me some juicy cascades.

Playing in CL9 and I don't even feel the need to play any of my 5* characters.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,167 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2019
    Options
    It's not as precise as Charlie's Angels, but Angels and Demons - Nightcrawler/Domino/Professor-X is a fun chaos team. I chose these three for maximum board shake, but as I'm typing this up I have a couple variations in mind I may try out next.

Domino (though currently boosted) is 3/5/5 base level 209
    NC is 288 (91 purple damage)
    Professor X is lvl 273, equipped with a 2* 100/100 Destroyer Gun to jack his purple damage up to 134

Ideally you chase purple first, but green and red also work. Get either of your board shakers to start shaking the baord, and the Match-5s start coming in pretty quick. Professor X is doing 5k-ish damage and generating 4 purple AP in the background to compensate for the black-heavy board. If the prominent color ever shifts to green, red, or blue, you can burn it off to create more board shake or mega damage. I'd say it is winfinite about as reliably as doing the old Super Mario Bros 1 jump-on-the-turtle-infinity-times exploit used to be.

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,112 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A *really* fun one in the Galactus Event, but in a precise order on the screen: Valkyrie in the middle, Half Health Gladiathor on the left, and America on the right.

With Val in the center, her bounty tile gets created first.  As the only enemy, it targets Galactus every time.  Thor's tile destruction is very likely to set off the bounty tile, giving you even more AP.  America then checks to see how much AP you have, and usually starts creating critical tiles on the second turn.
  • SaltyK
    SaltyK Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options
    Can anyone explain Rogue+America Chavez for pvp defense team?
    Been seeing a lot of them in my MMR.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    Options
    SaltyK said:
    Probably because they are both boosted this week.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2019
    Options
    SaltyK said:
    Probably because they are both boosted this week.
    Power Siphon can also make trying to stay ahead of them on AP more annoying. But mostly, it's probably because they're boosted, and complement Doom's colours perfectly.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    Options
    boosted rogue, riri and boosted doom - siphon enemy doom for blue ap, use riris blue to feed rogue red, doom black and purple for the rest
    surprisingly fun team
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    Having Doom in the middle is actually a good counter to that team - it helps you keep enough non-red/green/yellow on the board to prevent Rogue's jump-in-front from triggering. So i've been...maybe not walking through, but let's say successfully defeating those teams with a mirror match. My float point has been over 800 too, which is wild for me. I guess a base level 292 rogue makes people reconsider? not sure.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ammenell said:
    boosted rogue, riri and boosted doom - siphon enemy doom for blue ap, use riris blue to feed rogue red, doom black and purple for the rest
    surprisingly fun team
    Glad it’s working for you all. It just doesn’t work the way you think. Doom doesn’t siphon blue. He siphons two colors useless to Riri and Rogue. 
  • ammenell
    Options
    dooms highest color is blue, not sure what you mean
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    they are saying to use Rogue on the enemy Doom to siphon it, use the added blue generation provided by Rogue who now gains blue at an accelerated rate with Riri to create red for Rogue, to gather AP off her big board smash I think is the chain of events there?
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Gritty still destroys boosted Rogue and Chavez. It takes a little longer, but it's still not a problem. But if I see another Gritty team, I'm skipping. 

I tried Gritty + Valkyrie in Sim....it kinda works. I definitely get lots of yellow strikes, but chasing the bounty is annoying since i want to down certain characters first. Plus, if I do get 8 yellow for Kitty's protect there may not be any yellow tiles left. I wonder how much fun it is for my opponents to fight?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    bbigler said:
    Gritty still destroys boosted Rogue and Chavez. It takes a little longer, but it's still not a problem. But if I see another Gritty team, I'm skipping. 

I tried Gritty + Valkyrie in Sim....it kinda works. I definitely get lots of yellow strikes, but chasing the bounty is annoying since i want to down certain characters first. Plus, if I do get 8 yellow for Kitty's protect there may not be any yellow tiles left. I wonder how much fun it is for my opponents to fight?
    I was using Thing/Nico/Valkyrie in sim and was pretty fun, I'm curious what that team looks like with Kitty in the middle instead? You get passive strikes and defense tiles out, though both are on Yellow so they tend to compete for space with each other pretty fast. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ammenell said:
    dooms highest color is blue, not sure what you mean
    I thought you were talking 5* Doom who has his own power siphon ability but only steals a black and yellow. Then I thought you were power siphoning with Rogue/5* Doom and I still didn’t get it because Yellow is his highest color. 

I finally got it. Boosted 3* Doom. Rogue’s power siphon.  Doesn’t work the way I thought lol. 
  • ammenell
    Options
    ha, thx for explaining, i was equally confused ;) 
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    With 4* R&G boosted for Honor Among Thieves, I tried running R&G, Kitty & Nico just to see what would happen.  So far, I've only had one symbiot countdown resolve and while the team is totally lacking in a "Plan B" in case you lose your strike tiles, when it works, boy does it work...
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 976 Critical Contributor
    Options
    With the Mindless Ones pumping out countdown tiles like crazy, it's not a bad idea to replace Nico with Strange.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm enjoying C4rol + St4rlord + GRock4t in the Honor Among Theives PvE.
    Those strikes are ridiculously strong after a few turns.

Doesn't hurt that both C4rol and Grock4t are both boosted right now.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 976 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Unless you have a lot of own countdown tiles, i usually don't find much use in C4rol in a match against non-movers.
    But i guess St4rlord will qualify for that.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2019
    Options
    Dogface said:
    Unless you have a lot of own countdown tiles, i usually don't find much use in C4rol in a match against non-movers.
    But i guess St4rlord will qualify for that.
    Precisely. He does qualify for that and he starts it very quickly.
    Plus St4rlord reduces C4rol's Yellow cost to 3, making it really cheap/easy to "pop" those countdowns down to zero.
    Matches aren't even lasting me long enough to try and fire her Black.