Your latest fun team combination

Options

Comments

• nippy
    nippy Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Didn't read through 70 pages, but have you tried Okoye+50Thor+Chavez with 125% crit dmg boost...  real fast, and real funny
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    nippy said:
    Didn't read through 70 pages, but have you tried Okoye+50Thor+Chavez with 125% crit dmg boost...  real fast, and real funny
    I might have seen this team in the SIM once or twice, I bet it catches on.
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I got Carnage covered....  So I tried a low level Carnage (150, 5/4/4) with Dusa and Squirrel Girl in SG's required node.  Gen purple and SG's purple hits like a truck with all the enemy specials on the board.  SG's green also creates cascades and does some decent damage.  It's actually a pretty fun team.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Played Kitty + Grocket + Medusa (with Vibranium Ore support) and it killed very fast in PVE Simulator.  Literally, 7 turns or less and no health packs.  That's 7 turns of just making matches, I didn't need to fire any powers.  Usually Simulator takes me 75 min or so to clear with my previous 3* roster, but this team cleared it in 36 minutes. 
    Now, I'm wondering who's faster: Kitty/Grocket/Medusa OR Thanos/Grocket/Medusa OR Kitty/Grocket/Thanos? I could put Vibranium Ore on Thanos instead of Medusa, it adds 605 damage to their powers.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Now that I finally have L4dy Thor champed, and she is conveniently boosted, I have been able to confirm what I've long suspected: Mordo (5/5/3) /L4dy Thor (5/3/5) /Lockjaw (5/3/5) is....maybe not a good team but a fun team. The goal is to flood the board with charged tiles and then use Smite and Living Tribunal to smack everybody down while Lockjaw nibbles everyone's ankles.

I don't have a champion Jubilee, so it's possible she would be a decent replacement for Lockjaw.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Now that I finally have L4dy Thor champed, and she is conveniently boosted, I have been able to confirm what I've long suspected: Mordo (5/5/3) /L4dy Thor (5/3/5) /Lockjaw (5/3/5) is....maybe not a good team but a fun team. The goal is to flood the board with charged tiles and then use Smite and Living Tribunal to smack everybody down while Lockjaw nibbles everyone's ankles.

I don't have a champion Jubilee, so it's possible she would be a decent replacement for Lockjaw.
    You really should consider running Mordo 5/3/5 on this team, as he’s your only black/purple user and his purple does get significantly better at 5 covers.  While his blue adds charge tiles, except against bosses and Surfer you’ll likely be using 4Thor’s blue for the stun/charge tiles before you get the AP for Mordo’s boots anyway.  Mordo, 4Thor & IM40 was my Sim team early in my 4* transition and it’s rare I ever considered Mordo’s blue.  Just my $0.02...

My Jubilee is 4/4/4 Lv250 now, so I was experimenting with her, 4Thor and IM40 on the essential nodes in the current PVE.  While it’s debatable that she’s a better third than Lockjaw, it’s been a really fun team, as well, and her purple has proved more useful than I would have originally thought.  She’d probably fit in well with your team, but Lockjaw is likely better, as the free damage counter acts how slow they can be otherwise.
  • randomhero1090
    Options
    So I ended up pulling a decent size hoard (~120 LT pulls) and got myself a 3/3/2 Cable.  Hit 2 more since, so he is now 4/4/2.

He's not meta 5, not even close, but he is fun.  Esp lower leveled, boosted, fighting in the boosted 3/4 realm.  If you can get a decent green board, his blue becomes a game ender via green matches.

GSBW/Cable/IM40

Pretty simple, charge IM40 and grab purple.  Not the fastest in the world, but if you can get GSBW's purple lined up, it becomes the stun run of stun runs while generating a TON of green.  GSBW PVP just drop her green nuke.  If you are running him in PVE his green is nice too.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    ZootSax said:

You really should consider running Mordo 5/3/5 on this team...
    Vaulting Boots costs 10 blue, does just under 7k damage (6,995 at lvl 279), and converts 3 tiles of the enemy's strongest color into black charged tiles as opposed to Power Surge that charges existing tiles on the board for 0 damage and a 3-turn stun for just the 1 less AP.

I guess it depends on how much you like using Mordo's Staff of the Living Tribunal - that can do good damage if there are more than 4 black charge tiles out, and Boots is the reliable way to do that after you've used Staff the first time -though Lockjaw might randomly help you there. At lvl 279, it can do just under 11,500 damage maximum for 8AP.

Power With Purpose can do some buck wild damage as well, as long as the enemy has a bunch of stored AP in the bank. That situation is pretty reliable on a charge-tile heavy board, but I've always found it to be unreliable
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @TheRoadWarrior, that all makes sense.  I never reliably was able to spam Mordo’s black (unless the other team had C&D,  Doom or their own Mordo) myself, so that’s why I favor his purple.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Mordo was like my second 4* Champ, and it happened on a boost week, so I got pretty good with his shtick. That was back when the alt-mode for Staff was an AOE attack rather than a single-target nuke. I'd fire off Staff, try to match 1 or 2 of the charged tiles to do it again and get above 4 on the board, and ideally throw down Boots as well. When he's boosted, Boots is doing like 14k damage, which can 1-shot most of the un-boosted 4*s I was seeing at that point in the transition. 
  • MoonKnight
    MoonKnight Posts: 63 Match Maker
    edited November 2018
    Options
    Not an overly fast team but a fun one for the Cat-5 PvP is: Nico, C & D, and Storm. C & D fuels black for storms fists, and then nico buffs once they’re out.  After a few turns of the nico buff you’re cooking with gas.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    An additional fun team is Lockjaw/Storm/Nico. you have to chase your own black the hard way, but once you do, the attack buffs start going nuts and anything that gets matched away starts to get punished by lockjaw - his bite move happens per friendly special that gets matched, not per match that includes any number of friendly specials
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Probably been mentioned by someone who gets characters covered faster than I do, but I just tried Kitty instead of Medusa with Grockamora, and ended up finishing my grind almost 20 minutes faster than I expected.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Boosted ProfX and Mr. Fantastic are great, particularly since (appropriately-covered) match-5 generates blue, which gives you plenty of stuns and swaps for more gigantic head smackdowns.  If you can get ProfX invisible, those protect tiles turn into virtual invulnerability, to boot.  I threw in Psylocke from the boosted list just for giggles, although I imagine 4* Cage, 4* Panther, or your other favorite protect-tile synergist would work well. 
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Kitty, 4-star Luke Cage and Grocket have been like a powerhouse team to sludge through the latest PVE. Most rounds are over in under 10 turns, and I've had to use very few health packs on characters. Especially with Kitty wearing the Wasp Gauntlets support, to boost her match damage for blues and keep the unpowered Grocket off the front line.

Conversely, Kitty also helps the slow 4-star Luke Cage and 4-star Iron Fist get off the ground and punching so much faster. 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2018
    Options
    So while most are trying to reduce the grind I actually like this game to the point where sometimes I extend mine and rather than knock out 900 points in an hour and call it good for PVP I’m actually doing wins based for Checkmate. 

Beat 7 seed teams with 1* and have been climbing off retals with:

Loaner Bishop
    L144 2* Storm (5/5/2)
    L15 2* Magneto (5/4/4)

Bishop tanks everything but green to fuel blue. Chase blue. Chase purple to use Magneto tiles to fuel blue. Continual Windstorms usually targeting Bishop so he can’t retaliate. Since I’m playing the squishiest 2* and a level 15 with 1000 HP (that is just on my roster to cycle through rewards) the retaliations keep pouring in!  The teams I’m drawing are way better than the one I’m playing but it’s a really good offensive team so I’m still taking them down using no packs since the loaner tanks almost all damage. Currently at 30 wins!
  • Lilith
    Lilith Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Options
    This morning, in Backup Plan, I settled in for what I anticipated to be a long slog with health pack usage (because those Mindless Attack tiles always manage to find themselves on the solo Black tile way the heck away from everything at all).

Then I took a re-look at the boosted list and had a minor eureka moment.

Quake (championed), C4ge (Championed), Kitty (7 covers).

AoE from those missed Eye Blast countdowns you just couldn't get to in time?  No worries.  Quake will just make those 1 damage each.

Stupid tiles stuck in weird places?  No problem, Kitty will just Circuit Break those out in a couple of turns.

Attack tiles causing damage?  Fugeddaboutit.  The way those Mindless Ones spam their countdown tiles, Luke pops out enough beefy protects in short order to turn even the boosted versions into tickles, and then Kitty just runs around passively making them better.

Fast team?  Nope.  I have yet to wait more than a few seconds after even the CP matches to heal to full.

I don't even care that Kitty and Luke share colours.  Luke's red and Yellow are way better than Kitty's at this stage of the game, so it's all his.  And all that Green and Blue just makes Quake all kinds of happy.

Fun times.  Super stress free.  Yay for fun again!
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kitty really is great and it looks like people are starting to realize what I predicted months ago. 

As for a fun new team, Bishop + Medusa + Carnage is fun actually.  Bishop takes most hits and Medusa just keeps healing him up every time.  It's the Bishop/Medusa wall!  Since Bishop and Medusa both passively produce blue, it could be a stun lock as well if my Bishop was better covered.  Heck, maybe Bishop + Medusa + Carnage could be the new annoying Shield Sim team to beat (in 4* land).
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Options
    After some fits and starts, I finally found a reliable, fast, non-health pack using team against mindless ones (SCL8):

4* Luke Cage lvl 271 at 5/5/3 (boosted for this event to lvl 367)
    3* Strange lvl 266 at 5/3/5
    4* Valkyrie lvl 209 at 4/5/4

Make sure Yellow is your strongest color (use supports if you have to, but at the configuration above I did not need to). Always be sure to target whoever Valkyrie's bounty is on. If there are any enemy strike, attack, or protect tiles on the board, or if there is an enemy purple CD tile at 1, only make matches with Cage. Try to match as much yellow as possible, match away green defensively, and try not to match away your black protect tiles unless you run out of room for the Bounty tile which also goes on black. For me, Cage tanks Green, Red, Black, Team-Up, and Yellow, so it's pretty easy to keep him in front.

The mindless ones fire CD tiles so frequently that Strange's passive damages them enough to trigger Valkyrie's bounty on their turn, which resets it on your turn. Plus it triggers Cage's passive which drops protect tiles for you and removes enemy special tiles (other than CDs). As long as you always target the bounty, even if you don't make a single yellow match you will pretty quickly get to 20 Yellow (6 turns since it doesn't trigger on turn 1) which allows you to fire Cage's yellow 3 times assuming the bounty tile is back out on turn 7. You generally want to target the weakest enemy first since the power fortifies protects and gets stronger with each additional fortified tile. That costs 8, so on the second one target whoever has the Bounty on them, so it costs 8 but you get 4 back, then you have 8 left to hit the third one.

If you get in trouble with a green about to expire, you likely either have enough yellow to fire Cage at least once or you have enough protect tiles to mitigate the damage and watch while Strange heals you back in later turns.

I'd probably put Valk at 5/5/3 if I had her champed, her red is cheaper than Cage's and can hit multiple targets if it downs an enemy, and since you're usually spreading the damage around targeting the Bounty it's likely none will be at full strength. Even if they are, Cage's Yellow is the nuke you want since he's boosted.

Unfortunately, this team does nothing to speed up the slow animations. When Peggy was boosted, she was helpful in making them not fire so often, but this go round she can't compete with boosted Cage.
  • randomhero1090
    Options
    @bbigler  A champed Bishop with Dusa/Carnage is going to be annoying as hell to beat.  It's gen/heal/stun city.

@helix72 Whenever Strang3 is boosted, I run him with Val.  Tanking blue, his blue fire trips her countdown.  It's such a good duo.  Becomes unstoppable at times.  I think Val is extremely underrated.