Your latest fun team combination

Comments

• tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    bbigler said:
    Kitty really is great and it looks like people are starting to realize what I predicted months ago.  
    I started pulling latests as soon as kitty came out. So far I am at 2-2-3. 

Her special tile denial at full covers is better than gambits. Killing goon countdowns for free every turn is amazing.
  • dokiy
    dokiy Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Boosted Cage, Mr F, and Suri. I’m sure it has been mentioned before, but with 4Cage I was one shoting 28K Mindless ones. So many fortified tiles. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,576 Chairperson of the Boards
    tiomono said:
    bbigler said:
    Kitty really is great and it looks like people are starting to realize what I predicted months ago.  
    I started pulling latests as soon as kitty came out. So far I am at 2-2-3. 

Her special tile denial at full covers is better than gambits. Killing goon countdowns for free every turn is amazing.
    I also am a big fan of Kitty - her red is also pretty groovy with all the Fists of Death(TM) punishing anybody attacking!
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    Being stuck with Colossus as an essential (in wave nodes, no less) I actually found him quite fun and useful with Level 255 5* Thor (I know... he’s on all my fun teams lately) and Valkyrie. 

The key is Thor removing three colors from the board leaves tons of black for Fastball Special. Thor passively fuels Dragonfang Fury (red) while you actively chase Fastball Special (black) so Valkyrie can strike ten times in a row. It’s fun on lengthier wave nodes to watch her mow down opponents with her dagger of death. Fastball is only 2 AP more (and a one turn delay at 5 covers) but the fact that you are guaranteed to activate her only active power and get an additional 3600 damage makes it totally worth it. 

As an added bonus you can use the Yellow to ensure Colossus tanks. and of course if you dagger the right goon first with Fastball you get even more red from the bounty. 
  • Painmonger
    Painmonger Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    Being stuck with Colossus as an essential (in wave nodes, no less) I actually found him quite fun and useful with Level 255 5* Thor (I know... he’s on all my fun teams lately) and Valkyrie. 
    I came to say almost the exact same thing, except I'm using Okoye instead of thor.

I've frequently wondered how to make better use of Okoye & Valkyrie. Supports don't boost Okoye's red enough to be the strongest color to speed things up, but Colossus takes advantage of that black ap to send Val airborne. The hard wave nodes in EotS were a breeze. it'll just get better when Valkyrie isn't boosted to lower the threshold for the bounty & strike tiles.
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Against Ultron on dazzlers side node, i have been having fun using her with im40 and 5* hawkeye. If you get all of iron mans recharge tiles to survive, you generate about 20 red ap between him and hawkeye, plus enough green to fire off dazzlers green after you lay down a million strike tiles. Its probably not the greatest team ever, but it definitely classes as fun
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not one I would run under general circumstances, but since they're all boosted in DPvMPQ, I've been doing most of the heavy lifting with Green Goblin, Hulkbuster, and Mordo. Little use for yellow and none for green, but solid nukes in the other 4 colours, HB's got health for days, and good match damage from the gobbo.
  • TPF Alexis
    Not the fastest, but I was having a blast running Prowler, Medusa, and boosted Doc Ock on Prowler's Required node in DPvVillains. Just total chaos. Attack tiles everywhere, at least one, and often as many as three passives triggering each time one is matched, two board shake powers that also mess with the Attack tiles. One particular firing of Manipulation took several minutes to resolve, there was so much going on.
    In Venom Bomb, I'm tackling the goon fights with Eddie, America, and Strange. Eddie and America both have good match damage, further multiplied by all the crit tiles, the downside of Give & Take is meaningless against goons, and I don't have to care how many times the Carriers manage to buff their Protect tiles with Critical Mass, they're still all just strength 1.
    I kind of wish the Featured 3* had been switched between DPvMPQ and Venom Bomb. It would be amusing to have both Eddie and Ock Featured in Venom Bomb.
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 804 Critical Contributor
    I have had a ton of fun with Domino Goblin Thor in PvE. Thor cascades more black on to the board. Gliders hit then gg yellow gets the cd back ready for the next cascade. With gg and domino boosted it was as easy as both of these DP v MPQ 5e nodes have ever been.

• qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Probably old news but R&G with Milano support, St4rlord with Element guns and Drax with Vintage shield is great against goons. Boosted strikes and countdown mayhem. Drax will do damage everytime a cd resolves.
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    Val/Dusa/IF for PVP....  So much green in so little time.  Heals, AP gen.  If you end up with a red board Val's red will do bonkers damage with all the strike tiles that will be out there. 

One of my favorite teams.  We all know how good Dusa is, but not-boosted Val is really great with the right team.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not the fastest, but I was having a blast running Prowler, Medusa, and boosted Doc Ock on Prowler's Required node in DPvVillains.
    That 2nd sub 4E node in the Deadpool event had great opponents to feature Prowler's effectiveness. I wish they had done the same thing in the yellow essential node. That one was especially dreadful on the 2nd sub. It's pretty sad when the player's biggest offensive threat is 2* Hawkeye.
    I kind of wish the Featured 3* had been switched between DPvMPQ and Venom Bomb. It would be amusing to have both Eddie and Ock Featured in Venom Bomb.
    I used to think it should be a law that Ock (and possibly Teen Jean) should be boosted for every run of Venom Bomb! Of course, that was before the arrival of Dr. Strange during the roster-based scaling days of PvE. Now there are so many more options (especially in the 4-star tier) for dealing with tile-spamming goons that Venom Bomb isn't quite the menacing event it once was.
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    I've been using Spidergwen in the 3* Spiderman event along with Vulture, and the team is really fun. 

Start by focusing on black and purple and you'll get everything you need for this team. Firing Gwen's purple will create two web tiles, making Spidey's blue stun an enemy for 3 turns right away. You'll be firing Gwen's red at 6~8 AP most of the time, and you can wear the opponent team down with Vulture's green AOE.

When things go well, I barely lose any health with this team with all the protect tiles you'll make from chasing purple AP. 
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Mr. Fantastic/Shuri/Valkyrie. With my current levels, bounties generate blue, which lets you drop fortified tiles, stun, and (assuming you're making matches) collect AP while adding damage from Shuri's passive.  Eventually you'll drop Imaginaut which makes bounty collecting (and adding more stuns/fortified tiles) easier.  Which eventually triggers Shuri's other passive to drop your AP costs, etc. etc.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Do you think I have enough black?

• TPF Alexis
    shardwick said:

I wonder what the maximum density of a single colour on the board is. Call it the Domino Challenge, like the Bullseye and Shuri Challenges.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    shardwick said:
    I wonder what the maximum density of a single colour on the board is. Call it the Domino Challenge, like the Bullseye and Shuri Challenges.
    It’s difficult to achieve with Domino, but theoretically we can get 43

https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/402254/#Comment_402254

said:
    43, I think

redtilepng  redtilepng  greentilepng  redtilepng  redtilepng  greentilepng  redtilepng  redtilepng 6
    greentilepng  redtilepng  redtilepng  greentilepng  redtilepng  redtilepng  greentilepng  redtilepng +5
    redtilepng  greentilepng  redtilepng  redtilepng  greentilepng  redtilepng  redtilepng  greentilepng +5
    redtilepng  redtilepng  greentilepng  redtilepng  redtilepng  greentilepng  redtilepng  redtilepng +6
    greentilepng  redtilepng  redtilepng  greentilepng  redtilepng  redtilepng  greentilepng  redtilepng +5
    redtilepng  greentilepng  redtilepng  redtilepng  greentilepng  redtilepng  redtilepng  greentilepng +5
    redtilepng  redtilepng  greentilepng  redtilepng  redtilepng  greentilepng  redtilepng  redtilepng +6

Merry Christmas.
  • Coubii
    Coubii Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    edited December 2018
    I've played DocOk, Vulture and 3* Iron fist. (Not enough covers to Domino to replace Iron fist)
    Aim for black to start the Vulture magic. Combine blue passive effect to manage the board of any ennemi's special tiles while doing massive damage. Doc is here to tank and use his reactor to heal constantly your team. If your reactor is matched, you probably wipe all enemies. Iron fist is here to help to start Vulture and use left overs green.
    This trio was unexpected before Doc rework. Funny one.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,895 Chairperson of the Boards
    shardwick said:

The real question is how many deadly strikes did you execute with all that black?

Also, that red is a beast of a nuke of surgical strike proportions isn’t it? I ranked Domino #1 in my new character rankings and so far she’s living up to the title imo.  She’s not only the best but has a real “fun factor” going for her with her unique mechanics (ala Nightcrawler... who coincidentally could make a fun pairing). 
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    shardwick said:

The real question is how many deadly strikes did you execute with all that black?

Also, that red is a beast of a nuke of surgical strike proportions isn’t it? I ranked Domino #1 in my new character rankings and so far she’s living up to the title imo.  She’s not only the best but has a real “fun factor” going for her with her unique mechanics (ala Nightcrawler... who coincidentally could make a fun pairing). 

I thought about Dom with NC....  You want black out there, so if you fire NC's purple you are going to create a monster cascade.  Now, that might not be a BAD thing, especially if you have a good use for all of that black.  I guess you could spam Gam's TDW.