Your latest fun team combination

Options

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My base lvl 290 Nico is doing a 165 buff (up from 76)
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I’ve discovered that 5* kingpin, as bad as he is regarded, makes a pretty good 3rd in a medusa carnage team. He can use the blue that medusa geerates, and also creates a non special destroying opportunity for green.

Im not at all suggesting that kingpin is a good at all or anything. Just had some success in this team is all
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MrEd95 said:
    I’ve discovered that 5* kingpin, as bad as he is regarded, makes a pretty good 3rd in a medusa carnage team. He can use the blue that medusa geerates, and also creates a non special destroying opportunity for green.

Im not at all suggesting that kingpin is a good at all or anything. Just had some success in this team is all
    In his Essential Nodes in Venom Bomb, I've been appreciating the fact that his strong colours complement Kitty's perfectly. That's about the best I can say for him.
  • Persephone
    Persephone Posts: 201 Tile Toppler
    Options
    For VB and now WW, I've been enjoying Medusa, HoboFist, and Nico Minoru.  I added Vibranium Ore support to Minoru to help create protect tiles.  I added Shuri's Lab to Fist and Quad Blasters to Medusa to fortify friendly tiles.  
    They took down Carnage and Venom nicely and I barely had to use any health-packs. And, now, Sentry, Yelena,and Bullseye never stood a chance.  
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Two new fun teams I've explored today in Simulator: Bishop, Iceman and C4p Marvel. Strong on defense, generates it's own blue for stuns and nukes with the added bonus it may also generate blacks for Marvel's nuke.
    A good defensive team against Medusa and Carnage pairings is the next one: Prowler, Medusa and Shuri. I tackled a Carnage, Medusa, Kraven pairing, focusing on Kraven first. Once Kraven went down, the amount of shielded tiles made Shuri's green fire quickly, and stealing tiles Carnage created for his team despite the minimal healing couldn't stand up to me. Throw in Medusa's board shuffle and Prowler's stun, it was an all around good team.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Options
    (Feature-boosted) Daken + (Boosted) Nico + Kitty has been fun during Webbed Wonder.
    A poor man's Gritty, I guess.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    (Feature-boosted) Daken + (Boosted) Nico + Kitty has been fun during Webbed Wonder.
    (Featured-Boosted) Daken, (Boosted) Nico and (Boosted) 4* Iron Fist was my go-to team that event, so I had something to do with the black and green AP I was collecting.    Especially in wave nodes, it could really get out of hand quickly, and with the strike tiles out, Iron Fist could routinely kill the last two characters of a wave with one shot of his green.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Dabbling in the Elektra PvP event I paired her with Cable and (boosted) max-champed IM40.  I gave Cable my shiny new Yaro Root (thanks Support Circuit!) because I figured since Cable is always so crabby all the time anyway, an unripe Yaro Root wouldn't make him any more so. (Also because it might give him some green AP at the beginning of the match, but that was secondary.)

I was surprised at how many loaner Electras I came across. This was ideal because once IM40's Recharge helped fill-up Cable's green, I could blast her off the board at minimal health and all the remaining damage would bleed over to her other teammates. I always had plenty of blue for Cable's countdown as well; my targets were the victims of frequent stuns.
  • Dormammu
    Options
    OJSP said:
    Supports don't work for PvP yet.
    I'm aware. That was more anecdotal.  ;)
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    Dabbling in the Elektra PvP event I paired her with Cable and (boosted) max-champed IM40.  I gave Cable my shiny new Yaro Root (thanks Support Circuit!) because I figured since Cable is always so crabby all the time anyway, an unripe Yaro Root wouldn't make him any more so. (Also because it might give him some green AP at the beginning of the match, but that was secondary.)

I was surprised at how many loaner Electras I came across. This was ideal because once IM40's Recharge helped fill-up Cable's green, I could blast her off the board at minimal health and all the remaining damage would bleed over to her other teammates. I always had plenty of blue for Cable's countdown as well; my targets were the victims of frequent stuns.
    You gave me an idea. Cable/Kitty. Cable being an X-Man (the only one I have champed aside from Kitty) will lower the magic number for Kitty to buff from 4 to 3. Let the enemy collect purple. Enemy Elektra gifts you three strikes. Profit. Meanwhile chase green with Cable for your AOE. 
  • Dormammu
    Options
    You gave me an idea. Cable/Kitty. Cable being an X-Man (the only one I have champed aside from Kitty) will lower the magic number for Kitty to buff from 4 to 3. Let the enemy collect purple. Enemy Elektra gifts you three strikes. Profit. Meanwhile chase green with Cable for your AOE. 
    I have run Cable/Kitty together in the Sim (with JJ) and they work really well together.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    I have run Cable/Kitty together in the Sim (with JJ) and they work really well together.
    If supports were enabled in PVP, then you could run 3 different supports to provide yellow AP at the start for Cable to throw down 5 beefy strikes for Kitty to buff.......which is like running Gritty. But I would rather run 3 supports to fortify Gritty strikes, and that would be very defensive. 
  • Gold_Dragon
    Gold_Dragon Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    Options
    5* Kingpin 2/2/3 Vanessa sup lvl 200
    4* Elektra 5/3/5 Quinjet sup 
    3* Bullseye 5/3/5 Corvus Glaive sup

horde only

corvus support is so Bullseye has the strongest purple match and gets his contract killer passive. Elektra’s red is crucial as always. Kingpin hits hard and plays with the strikes and attack tiles hitting the field. 

Kingpin is a change-up hitter. He’s not gonna hit hard unless provoked. With Elektra (and Prolwler) there’s more things on the field for him to play with. 

• spidyjedi84
    Options
    ZootSax said:
    (Featured-Boosted) Daken, (Boosted) Nico and (Boosted) 4* Iron Fist was my go-to team that event, so I had something to do with the black and green AP I was collecting.    Especially in wave nodes, it could really get out of hand quickly, and with the strike tiles out, Iron Fist could routinely kill the last two characters of a wave with one shot of his green.
    And HoboFist's black converts any yellow shields Nico was putting down into even more strike tiles. It is an insane wave riding team!
  • spidyjedi84
    Options
    Bishop, Rogue and Iceman team well together. Especially against teams where blue is the color that's their strongest. Give Rogue green tiles, gloves off the opposing team, boom. Every time they attack you, they get hitt by Bishop's reactionary power, converts that to blue that Iceman can stun them with and deliver his own mini nuke and if you end up with over 14 blue in a turn, well that's another nuke as well...
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    3*/4* Elektra (3/5/5), 3* Dr Doom (3/5/5), Rogue (5/3/5)

If all the character around the same level, Elektra will tank purple and black colour. Using Doom's blue to accelerate  black for Elektra, Once Elektra use her black, all colour that you match have protection except Blue and team-up on enemies turn. If Elektra match Purple or Black, during enemies turn, Elektra's black will negate damage, if you match Red/Yellow/Green, Rogue's yellow's will reduce damage during enemies match.

• HobieCat76
    HobieCat76 Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Options
    I'm having a blast in Hearts of Darkness with the team of Okoye, boosted Drax, and 4*Star-Lord (all champed). SL and minions always go well together, but between the boosted Drax and Okoye, each time a countdown goes off it's just fireworks.

I'll probably need to trade SL for 3*Loki or XPool for the non-minion levels on the last day of the PVE, but for all of the minion levels, especially the waves, this has been a ton of fun.
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Nico, rocket and boosted bullseye. Rocket gets you started, but when boosted, bullseye tanks black, purple, green, red and team up (5/7), meaning there is a good chance to take out an opponent with him activating contract killer. And then, the fun begins
  • wingX
    wingX Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I have just posted this in Falcap Character Discussion threads but realize that this team can be fun too.

Falcap, 5Hawkeye, Scarlet Witch
    Switch generate countdown tile, which when resolve, 5Haweye's passive will create red and blue AP which will fuel Falcap's red and Blue will fuel Hawkeye to create more countdown. 5Hawkeye also can fortified Switch's countdown while Falcap's passive can speed up the Switch or Hawkeye's countdown.
    And also all 3 of them are Avengers!

You also can replaced Falcap with Agent Coulson, maybe for even more fun.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lvl 375 Okoye/ loaner XFDP/ lvl 197 4/2/4 Bishop in PVP Matchmaking. Chase team up, spend healthpacks on Bishop