Your latest fun team combination

Options

Comments

• jym010
    jym010 Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    Options

4* America Chavez, 3* The Hood, 2* Black Widow:

I saw this team a lot. Man is it squishy as hell and easy to beat. The idea of course is Hood/OBW fuel AP for Chavez to do Chavez things and passive the enemy to death. Great on offense!

You say it's easy to beat, but I have gotten about twice as many points from defensive wins than losses this event & the only times I lost were from my own carelessness!
    Been killing it with this team.  Been using some health packs but definitely fun.
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Just champed 4* Ghostrider and started trying him out. And I realised he loves Cloak&Dagger. Passive attack tiles!

5/5/3 4* Ghostrider + Cloak&Dagger + 5/3/5 Vulture
    Adding Vulture might not be the most original thing and I kinda wanna replace him, but he gives Ghostrider just such optimal support. C&D make black. When they stop making black, they passively make attack tiles for Ghostrider's green which gets progressively cheaper. Vulture adds a good blue, speeds Ghostrider up further in both colours and reduces the need to match red so C&D can make their red attack tiles in peace. Attack tiles start accumulating quickly and Ghostrider's 6 AP AoE gets incredibly spam-y. Between that and the attack tiles, damage racks up fast.
    Avoid Medusa-teams and board shake-focused teams obviously, but other than that it's been working well. I'm liking him more than I thought I would.

I realise that Ghostrider's black is his most popular ability, but in non-boss battles I'm looking to avoid taking that much damage tbh. So his black is not always that useful in regular battles. Though C&D have him covered there as well. Heck, they can even take a big hit, true heal it off like it's nothing, and feed Ghostrider's Penance Stare as a vengeance nuke. They're his bffs and he's going to offer them rides on his bike.
  • MaxPowers
    MaxPowers Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Yondu
    Domino
    Nico

Rainbow team that focuses on bosting Yondu's cheap strike tiles.

Its a lot of fun. Make enough black ap of random cascades to cast Yondu's black ability constantly and spam the board with cheap strike tiles that are constantly boosted by Nico.

Eventually when you get enough ap for another ability it will pack a hell of a punch.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    MaxPowers said:
    Yondu
    Domino
    Nico

Rainbow team that focuses on bosting Yondu's cheap strike tiles.

Its a lot of fun. Make enough black ap of random cascades to cast Yondu's black ability constantly and spam the board with cheap strike tiles that are constantly boosted by Nico.

Eventually when you get enough ap for another ability it will pack a hell of a punch.
    My Domino is at 11 covers and it will be fun to try this out when I have her champed. Does Domino have a feeder?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,310 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    qandols said:
    MaxPowers said:
    Yondu
    Domino
    Nico

My Domino is at 11 covers and it will be fun to try this out when I have her champed. Does Domino have a feeder?
    Domino does not. There are 46 3’s (some 4’s are fed by 2 3’s) and 77 4’s.  And no champ update for 3’s since....probably 2 years ago or so. 
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I aim to champ one 4-star per season, and this season the honor went to... Yondu! In the current PvP with Hawkeye, I've been using Nova, Hawkeye, and Yondu. Yondu's blue at 5 covers (and boosted) does crazy damage, and Nova's constant strike generating helps his blue's secondary effect. Plus, once he uses his blue once, you can give the rest to Hawkeye for cheap countdowns. I also am warming up to Yondu's black - sure those strike tiles aren't that impressive (even boosted), but they do add up, and several times I've managed to zap the AP the enemy team needed to fire a nasty power by holding 7 black for Yondu to use.
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    PuceMoose said:
    I aim to champ one 4-star per season, and this season the honor went to... Yondu! In the current PvP with Hawkeye, I've been using Nova, Hawkeye, and Yondu. Yondu's blue at 5 covers (and boosted) does crazy damage, and Nova's constant strike generating helps his blue's secondary effect. Plus, once he uses his blue once, you can give the rest to Hawkeye for cheap countdowns. I also am warming up to Yondu's black - sure those strike tiles aren't that impressive (even boosted), but they do add up, and several times I've managed to zap the AP the enemy team needed to fire a nasty power by holding 7 black for Yondu to use.
    Yondu's black also has its uses for synergy purposes for characters who have some requirements of "needs x amount of friendly strike tiles/special tiles". For example, if you ever feel like using X-23's purple, Yondu's black is an easy way to make it go from 12 AP to 6 AP.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,631 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I had a lot of fun with half health Thor, Nova and Hawkguy in Hawk's PvP. Thor starts blowing up the board which doesn't take too long to fill up Nova's red AP multiple times whilst looking at gathering yellow or black. Nova then takes them airbourne and Hawkguy tends to have his blue ready to go with a couple of arrows waiting for anybody coming back down with a stun or some explodey. So you can have the entire opposition locked down in next to no time at all. That pretty much finished them off but Thor's green tended to also be on stand-by.
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Cloak & Dagger
    Shuri (or Kitty, if you've got her)
    Magik
  • Southside84
    Southside84 Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Options
    Black panther 5, dazzler, scarlet witch

I like coming up with PVP teams that people don't usually fight against.  For every silly team I've made, I run into 5 kitty, rocket4, medusa teams.

Change is good.  I also like silver surfer, Howard the duck and cyclops 3
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In what I think was a stroke of genius, I put Kraven with Kitty & Grocket for the last hard node in V-V-Venom Bomb (the one with Carnage, Venom, and a symbiote) and he tore those poor tinykittys to pieces.  >:)
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Any time you have to go up against Venom, bring bishop, and anyone that can use blue well. Suddenly those protect tiles he generates are your friends
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I’ve been enjoying using my single red cover hela with 5 thor and kitty, while she is new, as with the levels my characters are at, hela tanks everything except yellow, which belongs to kitty. Especially useful against the likes of carnage and the symbiotes, as the red thor generates from the back can be used to create strikes with hela, as well as clearing enemy tiles, and the green and yellow can be used effectively by thor to create protects and later strikes, as well as AoE. All the specials of course all being buffed by kitty the whole time. 

If venom is involved on the enemy team, he even creates the protects for you
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,166 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2019
    Options
    In Best Friends Forever, I've been getting served up nothing but god-mode Gritty teams. BUT - I have found a solution: 2/1/3 God Emperor Doom lvl 255/Ghost Rider: Robbie Reyes lvl 452

As everyone surely must know by now, my only 5* champ is Ghost Rider. My strategy here, and it should work with any single champion 5* player with this problem, is to just serve up GE Doom to be slain on round 1 or 2 by keeping him tanking, let ALL the strikes immediately go away, and then solo it with GRRR who is actually a rad 5* if time is not a factor in your matches. Neither Kitty nor 4ocket is especially rough once the strikes are out of play, so long as you don't let Rocket's Pack or Phase & Conquer hit the board.

I'd be using health packs either way after this match, using 1 on doom is better than using 2 on GR and MEH like I was doing early on. It's fun to climb, but this team is a paper bag on defense as you might imagine.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Not a new team but balance of power let's infinity war spidey tank pretty often when paired with miles and gwen.

You get webs all over the board which burst heals like crazy while Peter dodges big hits, and oneshots with red,and miles gives ap and oneshots with purple. 
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    tiomono said:
     miles gives ap and oneshots with purple. 
    is it really a 1-shot if you have to fire it twice, strictly speaking? This is a cool team though lol
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,161 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    tiomono said:
    Not a new team but balance of power let's infinity war spidey tank pretty often when paired with miles and gwen.

You get webs all over the board which burst heals like crazy while Peter dodges big hits, and oneshots with red,and miles gives ap and oneshots with purple. 
    I tried that and they did not last long. Not against Thorkoye/Chavez anyway, the only teams you see. LOL.
  • himatako
    himatako Posts: 269 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    tiomono said:

I went with something similar but switched Peter out for Shuri instead. After you fire Shuri's red, Gwen and Miles' powers become super cheap, most of them cost 3~4 AP only. And you gain AP easily with all the web tiles and Miles' yellow passive. 
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    BoP , i love that we can try just about anything for kicks, yesterday, Devil Dino, Psylocke, Prof X, powers flying all over the place, screen was a mess of special tiles, just don't go against strange lol
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    Options
    I went with Domino/C&D/C4rol for a few matches, made the mistake of going up against a Vulture team. I won, but it took too much health to keep going. I may bring out Shuri/P4nther/MEHulk again for awhile, I miss that team.