Your latest fun team combination

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Having just champed Iron Spider, I've been playing a bit with him. Yesterday in the Earth's Mightiest pvp, I ran:

Miles Morales (5/3/5) lvl 279
    Iron Spider: (4/5/4 - just forgot to adjust him, not sure I will though) lvl 278
    Main Event Hulk: (5/3/5) lvl 288

It's unfortunate that MEH tanks green here, but the general strategy is this: get webs on the board, any web match generates purple (helped by 5 on green for MEH), use Gamma Powerbomb and whichever spider-red power appeals to you, enjoy. I actually got a solid defense win with this team (i'm not racking them up mind you, but it did happen lol)
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    Having just champed Iron Spider, I've been playing a bit with him. Yesterday in the Earth's Mightiest pvp, I ran:

Iron Spider: (4/5/4 - just forgot to adjust him, not sure I will though) lvl 278

It's unfortunate that MEH tanks green here, but the general strategy is this: get webs on the board, any web match generates purple (helped by 5 on green for MEH), use Gamma Powerbomb and whichever spider-red power appeals to you, enjoy. I actually got a solid defense win with this team (i'm not racking them up mind you, but it did happen lol)
    Do not underestimate miles purple. In balance of power I was one shotting people
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think that's the beauty of this team - most people kind of underestimate all three of these guys, and even in the absence of any team synergy any one of them can completely ruin your day when boosted. So that they also work well together is pretty great.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    tiomono said:

Do not underestimate miles purple. In balance of power I was one shotting people
    I can't count the number of times an invisible Miles on the Spider-team has saved my bacon by downing a nearly full health enemy because the board was just swimming in web tiles waiting for him to give them a nasty "Surprise!" 
  • Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 548 Critical Contributor
    jp1 said:
    God Emperor Doom 2/2/4 (w/Glorious support 3* lvl 150)
    Okoye champed 5/3/5 (w/Royal Talon Fighter support 1* lvl 30)
    4* Cyclops champed 3/5/5 (w/Blackbird support  3* lvl 81)

was looking for a 3rd for Okoye+GED and I’ve settled on an unlikely 3rd with 4Cyclops but man this works and your characters ends the match with full life almost everytime no matter how much damage 

This team is based around yellow and TUP matches. With GED’s Victorious, if Doom’s allies gets healed he does damage to the enemy team. He doesn’t have to do the healing. So everytime Okoye heals herself, you’re doing damage to the enemy team. Which is multiplied by how many TUPs you have because of Okoye’s passive. 

Then you add Cyclops’ yellow CD to the mix. Everytime you make a TUP match, you gain 4 yellow AP. So you can tune up Okoye’s yellow again and put more TUPs on the field to match. 

Oh yeah, and everytime the opponent makes a yellow match, you steal one of those too. 

And with Okoye’s Royal Talon support, her powers cost less depending on how many TUPs you have. 

Oh yeah. I’m feeling this team.
    Excited to give this a try. I have them all champed and enjoy taking my GE Doom off the bench. Thanks for the tip!
    This has been on of my hallmark collections; unfortunately, not many people know about this due to the negative nature of supports and the lack of communication to forumites in the specific forum location. This is where the discussion of such phenomena take place as they get shoveled there is we start the topics in General Discussions (appropriately, I’ll add). So...

Please visit/comment on the supports and character forums! Many of the quirks/bugs/what have you are detailed there and could be a HUGE boon in Pve performance! We need your voices to share the info-anything is appreciated! 

Pitch over, thank you
  • Kixty
    Kixty Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    In an effort to use more of my roster, I like using Vulture,  IM40, and Dazzler to mix things up. Get vulture and IM40 doing their thing and then watch Dazzler do her thing.  The sheer number of strike tiles on the board is a beautiful thing.   
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    So it’s not a full team, and it’s a bit situational, but i’m having a lot of fun with rogue and gamora in the simulator. If you run up against a team where one of the opponents’ strongest colour is blue then power siphon means that you can use gamora’s stun after every blue match. Add in MEHulk and not only does he bring his own particular brand of craziness but you also get a full rainbow. 

You could sub Bobby for gamora too under different circumstances. 
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been trying to make a Hawkguy team which tries to replicate the consistency of 5* Hawkeye/Coulson/4* Star Lord.  So far, here's the best I've come up with:
    -3* Hawkeye (3/5/5 Lv266)
    -4* Black Widow (x/x/5, mine is 5/3/5 Lv272; x/x/4 could work, but is less versatile)
    -4* Cloak & Dagger (mine is 4/4/5 Lv280, but I'm not sure how much it matters)

It's pretty straight-forward, but C&D creates yellow for BW's Brush Pass (which in turn reduces the cost of HE's arrows to 3 blue, among other effects) and black for either BW or HE, depending on circumstance.  Enemy tiles give you purple & blue to feed C&D and HE, respectively.  BW's burst heal and the other's true heal keep it more sustainable, particularly in wave nodes.  Surplus purple can go to HE or BW, but again it's situational.  Unfortunately there's no red & green outlet but I guess there's a limit on how strong a team of Hawkeye, Black Widow and Cloak & Dagger should be.
  • steakleather
    steakleather Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2019
    ZootSax said:
    I've been trying to make a Hawkguy team which tries to replicate the consistency of 5* Hawkeye/Coulson/4* Star Lord.  So far, here's the best I've come up with:
    -4* Black Widow (x/x/5, mine is 5/3/5 Lv272; x/x/4 could work, but is less versatile)

Wow, just tried 4* BW with 5* Hawkeye and Coulson, and she is a GREAT third. Having stun on black and cost reduction with her yellow is fantastic. Finally, a great use for my champed Blonde Widow.
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    Recently champed Ghost-- and while I know her match damage goes great with America, I was looking for a team that optimised her red. I found it in:
    3/5/5 Ghost + Coulson + SWitch.
    Switch feeds Ghost purple to go invisible quickly (and once Ghost is content, feeds it to Coulson for 5-matches). Coulson is there to tick down either of their cds-- which results either in purple AP/cascades or red AP for Ghost and to make cds whenever Ghost kicks something. (I also gave Ghost a low-level Hydra Henchmen support that sometimes fortifies those cds and ups her black match dmg. It's not necessary, but it amuses me.)
    I've been running this on the SWitch wave nodes for Civil War and it's satisfying how often Ghost kicks things when her cd survives much more consistently and goes off quicker (not to mention, the flow-in of AP from stealing/cascades/Coulson's purple).
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    What level enemies did you meet? It's quite impossible against level 450 ones I can tell you.
  • qandols
    I still don't get why the side nodes are so tough and the bosses are wimpy pushovers. Should it not be the other way around? I must have used 15 health packs up to round 6. 
  • AlexR
    qandols said:
    What level enemies did you meet? It's quite impossible against level 450 ones I can tell you.
    Yeah, no doubt. Mine were lvl 300-- I'm in 4* land, so I shouldn't get insane side node scaling until the last 2 refreshes.
  • qandols
    AlexR said:
    qandols said:
    Yeah, no doubt. Mine were lvl 300-- I'm in 4* land, so I shouldn't get insane side node scaling until the last 2 refreshes.
    I'm beginning to understand what they say in the forums: When you're in 5* land it ain't pretty  :smile:
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Not exactly a full team, but using kitty’s red power just before an enemy sentry’s 1,000,000 countdown tiles go off is extremely fun to watch.

Count the number of countdown tiles on the board and add 9 times as many attract tiles to the board.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    Not a new team per se, but a new mix including supports. Against mindless ones, SCL 9, I'm running:

3* Doctor Strange (5/3/5 lvl 266) + 3* Vibranium Ore (lvl 150)
    4* Valkyrie (3/5/5 lvl 282) + 4* Kimoyo Beads (lvl 200)
    4* Luke Cage (5/5/3 lvl 275) + 5* Korg (lvl 250)

None are boosted this week.

Strategy is simple:

1) Always be sure to target the bounty. The mindless ones fire CDs fast enough to keep Strange's passive flying and Valk's bounty triggering. Best part is because it resolves on the enemy turn you get a new one every turn.

2) Be sure Yellow is your strongest color, and match Yellow first, then Blue, then Red, then Purple. You want Yellow filling up as fast as possible while Cage spreads his black Protect tiles around. Keeping him in front or getting enough Purple for Strange as a backup will easily deal with the pesky enemy specials.

3) Wait until you have 20 Yellow AP or you are about to eat Green CD and have no other way to deal with it (e.g. stun, match), then launch your attack. Always hit the lowest health minion first since the first fire does the least damage, then if that minion wasn't the bounty hit the bounty target 2nd. That will give you another 4 Yellow AP to fire it a 3rd time.

Supports:

While I used this team with success even before adding supports, the supports help and speed things up a bit:

At lvl 282, my Valk needs 2796 damage to trigger the bounty (note to self for later: try to collect a Valk at 3/5/5 level 70 so the damage requirement is lower). At lvl 266, Strange's passive only does 2114. With the Vibranium Ore equipped, that gets upped to 2665, meaning I just need to make a single match that does >131 damage on my turn for 1 passive fire on the enemy's turn to resolve the bounty. That happens on any match as my lowest damage (Team-Up) generates 132. Plus the support adds the bonus of creating additional Protect tiles if I make Match-4s or 5s, providing more fuel for Cage's Yellow.

Since Strange needs the damage boost from the Vibranium Ore, Valk gets the Kimoyo Beads. It makes her the strongest blue user and gives her a 33.98% chance for 2 extra Blue AP on every Blue match, filling up the Blue for Strange should it be needed to park a mindless one on stun for a time. Every once in a while I fill up on Red and will use Valk's Red to trigger the bounty or finish an enemy and have the 64.96% chance to trigger the special tile improvement.

Cage gets the Korg Yellow damage boost plus the chance to gain 3 at start of battle.

I used to fear mindless ones. Now I scoff at them.
  • steakleather
    steakleather Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
    Thorkoye + 4* Thanos has been making short work of Gritty teams for me (Except bishop teams- still dodging them).
  • AlexR
    helix72 said:
    Not a new team per se, but a new mix including supports. Against mindless ones, SCL 9, I'm running:

3* Doctor Strange (5/3/5 lvl 266) + 3* Vibranium Ore (lvl 150)
    4* Valkyrie (3/5/5 lvl 282) + 4* Kimoyo Beads (lvl 200)
    4* Luke Cage (5/5/3 lvl 275) + 5* Korg (lvl 250)

None are boosted this week.

Strategy is simple:

1) Always be sure to target the bounty. The mindless ones fire CDs fast enough to keep Strange's passive flying and Valk's bounty triggering. Best part is because it resolves on the enemy turn you get a new one every turn.

(...)
    wow, I gotta thank you for the Strange/Valk vs Mindless Ones synergy. My Valk isn't champed (and I don't have 2/3 of these supports) so I'm not using them exactly like this--- but Valk generating 4 blue almost every turn when Strange blasts the Mindless Ones is extremely safe and wouldn't have occured to me. Thanks for that!
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2019
    Black bolt, 5* Daredevil, loaner sabertooth. I had black bolts yellow on sabertooth got a stun off and fired sabretooths red. Instead of 1400 or so damage it did over 19000. 

I have also been seeing very few gritty teams. Even though loaner tooth is no obstacle for them. He is usually down on turn 2 using them. Tons of thorkoye. I assume they are loving the cheap powers of tooth with okoye boosts.

Edit: just found a gritty team. I took black suit spidey and daredevil. I had them down to one strike on turn 4. I let kitty fire yellow and buff their 4 tiles a few times before I stunned her and fired sabertooth red. He one shot her. It did 38k because that's how much health she had. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sabretooth, Kraven, Eddie Brock. Give your opponent a ton of worthless Special tiles, and then punish them for having those tiles! Not the best team, by far, but I have been having a whole lot of fun with it, even just with the Loaner Sabretooth.