Your latest fun team combination

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I found a couple of fun ones in Scrapper 142. It was nice to run something different from Grockitty for once. Unfortunately, they're probably not too great outside of that event, but still.
    I did most of my early matches with Jessica Jones and America Chavez. Put Jones on house left so she places her Trap before Chavez drops her crit. I generally didn't pay attention to the Bounty until Valkyrie was down, because I didn't want to create enemy Strikes, but after she was out of the way, it was typically pretty quick to get to the point where I could drop a Defenestrate immediately followed by Dragonfang Fury for a frankly ridiculous amount of damage.
    Later on, when I started seeing almost exclusively other Grockitty teams, I switched to Kitty plus Medusa. Between Medusa and Valkyrie, the team is putting down two Special Tiles per Turn minimum, so they can stay ahead of the opposing Circuit Breaker indefinitely. It also generally ends up tossing out Strike and Attack tiles more or less constantly, plus the Bounty feeds yellow for Protect tiles as well, very quickly hitting the point where Phase and Conquer is going and the enemy Circuit Breaker is completely overwhelmed. Medusa's heal also helps keep things afloat until the enemy Strikes are cleared out, and her purple can often fill up early enough to snag a couple of them.
    I went and tested the Kitty/Medusa/Valkyrie team against some Grockitty teams in the Simulator. Haven't tried it against one with Bishop yet, but they did amazingly well against ones with Medusa or OML as the third.
  • AlexR
    AlexR Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    I was at a bit of a loss at what team to play in Deadpool's pvp. The boosted list isn't very favourable to me this week in terms of 4*. So I looked through my unboosted champed 4s and found... Quake's blue.
    Quake's blue @5 pairs actually really well with Deadpool's purple. When there are many tiles of the enemy's strongest colour, you can just match the countdowns manually. But often, there won't be many tiles around since the enemy likes to match their strongest colour and maybe you need that colour too. So if you put Deadpool's purple out and then target the colour with Quake's blue, it will often get all or almost all of the countdown tiles. 
    I really enjoyed running them together; I should really try to scrap some iso together to champ my lvl 209 fully covered Deadpool one of these days.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    For Black Cat's PVP, I've had surprising success with her, 3* Cap and IM40.  If you time her purple right, it can extend the stun until Cap gets his shields back, while even with the loaner she's a passable green outlet against stunned enemies.  Plus, since she tanks three colors (even with the other two at Lv266), it's easy to put the loaner in front when the AI has a big ability ready to go off.  You won't be setting any high scores, but it's a nice team to shoot for 40 wins with.  It even has the advantage of being very slow on defense so you can trade matches with like-minded 40-win players.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I found a couple of fun ones in Scrapper 142. It was nice to run something different from Grockitty for once. Unfortunately, they're probably not too great outside of that event, but still.
    I did most of my early matches with Jessica Jones and America Chavez. Put Jones on house left so she places her Trap before Chavez drops her crit. I generally didn't pay attention to the Bounty until Valkyrie was down, because I didn't want to create enemy Strikes, but after she was out of the way, it was typically pretty quick to get to the point where I could drop a Defenestrate immediately followed by Dragonfang Fury for a frankly ridiculous amount of damage.
    Later on, when I started seeing almost exclusively other Grockitty teams, I switched to Kitty plus Medusa. Between Medusa and Valkyrie, the team is putting down two Special Tiles per Turn minimum, so they can stay ahead of the opposing Circuit Breaker indefinitely. It also generally ends up tossing out Strike and Attack tiles more or less constantly, plus the Bounty feeds yellow for Protect tiles as well, very quickly hitting the point where Phase and Conquer is going and the enemy Circuit Breaker is completely overwhelmed. Medusa's heal also helps keep things afloat until the enemy Strikes are cleared out, and her purple can often fill up early enough to snag a couple of them.
    I went and tested the Kitty/Medusa/Valkyrie team against some Grockitty teams in the Simulator. Haven't tried it against one with Bishop yet, but they did amazingly well against ones with Medusa or OML as the third.
    It does not work against Bishop. The damage ramps up too evenly, so he's making a bunch of blue and stunning people before you take him out. :(
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    For those of you whole pulled for Storm and already have Okoye, throw Lockjaw on the right in Sim and target black-as-strongest-color teams, like all those Okoye/Thor teams. Match TU's and yellow and profit.

As long as your team is alive, there is no way to avoid the passive damage that occurs every single turn. 
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,158 Chairperson of the Boards
    Half-a-Thor, boosted Ant Man and C4rol is a special tile mayhem in HaTh.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    i like panther with shuri, supported by coulsons awesome purple
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    I don't think telling anyone using the spider-trio of IW Spider-Man, Miles, and Gwen will be news. But, I found a good tweaking and added supports in a way that works so well I was surprised at how easy the boss nodes were in the Basilica event, finishing one in as few as 6 turns:

Spider-Man Infinity War:
    1) Spec him to 5/5/3: The key is getting as much Red AP as fast as possible, but it's Gwen's Red I'm relying on. So I max blue and green powers to max web production because Miles will use those web tile matches to gen more AP.
    2) Put him in the middle: You want Spidey tanking matches to keep those web tiles flowing, so be certain he is in the middle. Given my spiders are all close in level, that makes Spidey tank Blue, Green, Black, and Team-Up.
    3) Add supports: I slap on him the Shuri's Lab support, and in addition to getting extra match damage on Red and Green, he now tanks Red in addition to the other colors previously mentioned AND gets a 34% chance to get 2 extra Red AP on every Red match.

Miles:
    1) Spec him to 5/5/3: we're not using his Red (Gwen's is more damaging and the stun doesn't work anyway), so maximize damage from his Purple power and get that AP train rolling!
    2) Add supports: I put on Korg to give him a 70% chance to get 3 free Yellow at the start of battle plus some extra match damage. He was tanking Yellow anyway so this doesn't take away from Spidey.

Gwen:
    1) Spec her to 3/5/5: her Red is our damage button, and since the enemy can't be stunned, the rest goes to Yellow. Between her and Miles I tend to prefer her Yellow because I can fire it after only 2 matches and it creates 3 Web tiles and fortifies 1 for 6 Yellow vs Miles who makes 4 normal Web tiles for 8 Yellow. The fortified tile can be matched twice so technically you're getting 4 webs for 6 AP vs 8 for Miles.
    2) Add supports: Added Black Widows Batons because this now makes Purple the team's strongest color. I want to avoid Hydro's CD auto-damage and auto-AP gen when the team's strongest power gets matched but I don't want to avoid matching Red, plus Purple will auto-generate every time a Web tile gets matched so this will start filling up for Miles's Purple.

When the battle starts, it's easy street:
    1) Match Red first
    2) Deny Yellow vs both (no web tiles, but fuels Gwen's Yellow which gens Web tiles)
    3) Deny Green and Blue vs Hydro-man
    4) Match anything that generates more web tiles
    5) As soon as you have 6 Red AP, assuming there are enough Web tiles on the board to reduce the cost to 6, fire Gwen's Red
    6) Fire Spidey's Green and Gwen's Yellow when either one is ready
    7) Fire Miles's Purple only after you get to 15 so you can get the damage from it. Plus if Miles is invisible it gives you one less person to put in front of Spidey if the enemy is about to fire a power which leads me to:
    8) Try to avoid leaving Spidey in front if he's going to get hit with an enemy power when your turn is over. If you dont', This will remove half the web tiles on the board and you want to keep them out there. Thank's to Gwen's Yellow, you'll be healing like a boss every time a web tile gets matched so you don't need the damage reduction.
  • skittledaddy
    skittledaddy Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    helix72 said:
    I don't think telling anyone using the spider-trio of IW Spider-Man, Miles, and Gwen will be news. But, I found a good tweaking and added supports in a way that works so well I was surprised at how easy the boss nodes were in the Basilica event, finishing one in as few as 6 turns:

Spider-Man Infinity War:
    1) Spec him to 5/5/3: The key is getting as much Red AP as fast as possible, but it's Gwen's Red I'm relying on. So I max blue and green powers to max web production because Miles will use those web tile matches to gen more AP.
    2) Put him in the middle: You want Spidey tanking matches to keep those web tiles flowing, so be certain he is in the middle. Given my spiders are all close in level, that makes Spidey tank Blue, Green, Black, and Team-Up.
    3) Add supports: I slap on him the Shuri's Lab support, and in addition to getting extra match damage on Red and Green, he now tanks Red in addition to the other colors previously mentioned AND gets a 34% chance to get 2 extra Red AP on every Red match.

Miles:
    1) Spec him to 5/5/3: we're not using his Red (Gwen's is more damaging and the stun doesn't work anyway), so maximize damage from his Purple power and get that AP train rolling!
    2) Add supports: I put on Korg to give him a 70% chance to get 3 free Yellow at the start of battle plus some extra match damage. He was tanking Yellow anyway so this doesn't take away from Spidey.

Gwen:
    1) Spec her to 3/5/5: her Red is our damage button, and since the enemy can't be stunned, the rest goes to Yellow. Between her and Miles I tend to prefer her Yellow because I can fire it after only 2 matches and it creates 3 Web tiles and fortifies 1 for 6 Yellow vs Miles who makes 4 normal Web tiles for 8 Yellow. The fortified tile can be matched twice so technically you're getting 4 webs for 6 AP vs 8 for Miles.
    2) Add supports: Added Black Widows Batons because this now makes Purple the team's strongest color. I want to avoid Hydro's CD auto-damage and auto-AP gen when the team's strongest power gets matched but I don't want to avoid matching Red, plus Purple will auto-generate every time a Web tile gets matched so this will start filling up for Miles's Purple.

When the battle starts, it's easy street:
    1) Match Red first
    2) Deny Yellow vs both (no web tiles, but fuels Gwen's Yellow which gens Web tiles)
    3) Deny Green and Blue vs Hydro-man
    4) Match anything that generates more web tiles
    5) As soon as you have 6 Red AP, assuming there are enough Web tiles on the board to reduce the cost to 6, fire Gwen's Red
    6) Fire Spidey's Green and Gwen's Yellow when either one is ready
    7) Fire Miles's Purple only after you get to 15 so you can get the damage from it. Plus if Miles is invisible it gives you one less person to put in front of Spidey if the enemy is about to fire a power which leads me to:
    8) Try to avoid leaving Spidey in front if he's going to get hit with an enemy power when your turn is over. If you dont', This will remove half the web tiles on the board and you want to keep them out there. Thank's to Gwen's Yellow, you'll be healing like a boss every time a web tile gets matched so you don't need the damage reduction.
    I played this team against HydroMan every time and against MoltenMan in Round 8. Unfortunately my Spidey is not champed (was 2/4/5, now 2/5/5 with the green progression cover). I don't have all of the supports you've listed, but I still enjoy this team and realize it can only get better as the as they continue to progress.

Against MoltenMan, I found myself just waiting for his 3 CDs to run out (unless of course I could match them twice) to avoid his damage reduction. In the meantime I was just building up webs and AP, burst healing a little along the way. Once the CDs were gone - Miles Purple, Gwen Red, Gwen Red, Miles Purple, MATCH OVER.
  • Gold_Dragon
    Gold_Dragon Posts: 101 Tile Toppler
    One of my new favorite duos has become 

4* Black Panther 4/4/5
    Magik 4/4/5

it’s as good as 4*BP/Shuri. I’m leaning towards putting Kinetic Shield at 5 because you’re gonna be matching shields all day long. You proc Eldritch Armor to 5 so that you make 2 shields at every power firing and before you know it, the field is full of not just shields, but fortified shields. You’re not taking damage and your repeaters are just putting more red tiles and fortified strike and shields for you to play with. 

This duo goes well with.....

Shuri
    Okoye
    5* Captain Marvel
    Emma Frost
    Prof X
    Quake
    5* Ghost Rider
    4* Sam Wilson
    Nico Minoru
    Mr Fanta..... oh wait. That’s right. He was nerfed, is only good with a Carnage and sucks now. My bad.
    4* Luke Cage
    4* Iron Fist
    4* Captain Marvel
    4* Gamora
    Kitty Pride
    Civil War Captain America
    Old Man Logan
    Lockjaw (vs movers)
    And maybe Rescue.....? (I’ve only got her at 1/2/2 so......) 
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shuri / Magik / Wasp.

5 yellow and you can start going to town with specials. Magik immediately starts fortifying them to get you close to having Shuri's passive kick in. Once it does, 3 yellow and you get to flip & buff all the protects Magik generates, and more fortifying, and more buffing.

I like this team a little more than BP / Magik because you don't have to worry about protecting BP's repeater tile. And of course, cheap powers.
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    For the 5E Spider-Man node against venom in Unstable Iso-8, I tried using him with Vulture and domino, and found myself really struggling. So I though, “what if I stop trying to chase black to keep vulture airborne, and try him with Shuri instead?”

It worked like a dream, and what I didn’t immediately think of was that Shuri cuts spideys team stun requirements down to 2 x 3ap shots. An easy feat with vulture in the mix
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,288 Chairperson of the Boards
    in the 3* Cap PvP - Bishop/3* Cap/5* DD  - my Cap is maxed out at 266 and with boosts his red/blue shield do a decent amount of damage but most importantly continue to regenerate AP.  Strategy is use bishop to get a ton of blue early and then stun lock the enemy team with tons of Cap blue shields.  Then use DD to just deal a lot of extra damage to stunned enemies.  It is so effective that many times I am not actually losing Bishop (although he still eats the health packs lol).  It isn't the fastest team but very effective.  Super control team.  Once you take down the first enemy you can basically easily stun lock the remaining two characters for the rest of the match. In addition, all of Cap's protect tiles begin to negate most match damage the AI causes you.
  • fuzzy_cracks
    fuzzy_cracks Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    For me it’s......

4* Wolverine
    3* Doctor Strange
    3* Magneto

My go to 3 when fighting pve that likes to throw out timer tiles and metal tiles. 
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,650 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well I am now looking forward to champing mysterio. 

Loaner Mysterio, and 5* Daredevil are having a blast in mysterious event. Mystrios passive stunning and throwing light damage is a hoot with daredevil. I could see running Mysterio at 3-5-5 to pair with daredevil more often. Maybe I will throw vulture in there to get it rolling faster.
  • ZootSax
    I have shockingly few Spiderverse 4*'s well-covered, so I've been a largely 3* player for the current Spiderman events.  That said, I've really had fun with (featured) Hawk-Guy, (boosted) Kamala Khan and (boosted) Deadpool during Howard's PVE.  Rainbow coverage with no active yellow, but solid active powers on the other five.  Two true heals and a burst heal for the wave nodes, plus the ability to spam KK's burst heal with cheap powers.  Against goons and Dark Avengers Hawk-Guy is even reasonably fast with his countdown-spamming.
  • Falconfreak
    Falconfreak Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    I want to try 3* Bullseye, 3* Magneto and 4* Carnage just to trigger all the fun from Bullseye. I know most ppl only bother with 5 or 4 star characters but for those of still slogging through 3* we got to find our fun somehow.
  • Falconfreak
    Falconfreak Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    I'd also love to find a regular rotation for 4* Moon Knight but the most I can find is putting him with 3* Dr. Strange and some combo of Cage/IF.
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    I'd also love to find a regular rotation for 4* Moon Knight but the most I can find is putting him with 3* Dr. Strange and some combo of Cage/IF.
    He works quite well with Peggy and IM40. Recharge generates a lot of red, blue and green ap for them both. Fire peggy’s Blue, then her red to hit the non-stunned character, and when he is down, throw the moon silver blades to take down one of the stunned, and let the countdowns take care of the other
  • ZootSax
    I’ve paired him with IM40 and Hawk-Guy, if you’re looking at purely 3* pairs.  Hawk-Guy takes getting used to if you don’t play him much (stagger your first two arrows so you stun and damage different characters, especially if you can kill one with explosive arrows, fire Moon Knights green just before the stun arrow resolves so it doesn’t target a stunned opponent, etc), but he’s a solid blue user who also had a decent purple even at 3 covers and if you wisely use both his and Moon Knight’s black you have two true healers.  In PVE, they work well against the Dark Avengers, as Daken and Bullseye give you a lot of free AP though Hawk-Guy’s Black, especially at 5 covers.