Your latest fun team combination

Comments

• peterdark
    peterdark Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    Miles, scarlet witch and mysterio is working for me in pvp. just keep matching pinky purple to 14 then miles can nuke or you can have some stun fun if you have enough red and blue. Also helps that mysterio can help add to purple with his yellow.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,548 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd also love to find a regular rotation for 4* Moon Knight but the most I can find is putting him with 3* Dr. Strange and some combo of Cage/IF.
    I like him with Vulture & Cloak & Dagger. C&D help get Vulture Airbourne who then starts generating black, blue and green, MK can oneshot people with his green but can also take some damage and then use his black to KO and heal, likewise C&D can switch to generating yellow and healing also and of course Vulchy is airbourne but is left free for all the blue Hybrid tech attacks each time you re-send him up. Only colour missing is red.
  • Falconfreak
    Falconfreak Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Appreciate the suggestions for Moonie. I know playing characters you actually like from the comics isn't the best strategy but I want to use the guy. I've only been playing for a couple months or so but I have all 2* on farm, all 3* characters and working on the 4*. I need more fun rotations besides Cage/IF/Dr. Strange/IM40 and RHULK and Vulture.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    edited July 2019
    Man, there are a lot of good Anti-Gritty teams out there these days that I haven't batted an eye playing against any Gritty teams I find in PVP. I have to commend the people playing XForce Deadpool, Bishop and Peggy Carter in Simulator, though. That team is a brutal team on defense if you don't think about the team you're bringing into the match...
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Moonie plays quite nicely with Cloak & Dagger as a pair if you have them. They only conflict on black but I would use MKs for preference. Both have true heals, MKs black is fed by C&D to keep him topped off and they have a good balance of chip damage, AOE (circumstances permitting) and nukes. 
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Appreciate the suggestions for Moonie. I know playing characters you actually like from the comics isn't the best strategy but I want to use the guy. I've only been playing for a couple months or so but I have all 2* on farm, all 3* characters and working on the 4*. I need more fun rotations besides Cage/IF/Dr. Strange/IM40 and RHULK and Vulture.
    You could do a LOT worse than Moon Knight for playing a favorite character (I've personally used Devil Dino & Squirrel Girl to a wholly unreasonably level).  He's slow, but hits like a truck.  He even has solid animations, if you have those on.  Basically MK/IM40 + anyone with a good blue and/or purple makes a viable enough team normally, and a legitimately viable team when MK is boosted.  I suggested Hawk-Guy because I find him very fun and reasonably effective, but in 3* land Dr Strange, Dr Doom or even Mystique (re-spec to 5/5/3) are viable partners and that's just characters giving active abilities on all colors off the top of my head.  Depending on your 3* levels, a boosted 2* Widow also helps feed the MK/IM40 engine quite well, particularly against goons.  Unless you're hyper-competitive and that keeps you going, you have to have some fun to keep up with this game, IMO.
  • Falconfreak
    AXP_isme said:
    Moonie plays quite nicely with Cloak & Dagger as a pair if you have them. They only conflict on black but I would use MKs for preference. Both have true heals, MKs black is fed by C&D to keep him topped off and they have a good balance of chip damage, AOE (circumstances permitting) and nukes. 
    I have C&D but only 1 star in their yellow and purple powers currently. I don't know if you can check people's rosters out through the boards but I'm Falconfreak on the JustForKicks alliance.
  • Falconfreak
    ZootSax said:
    You could do a LOT worse than Moon Knight for playing a favorite character (I've personally used Devil Dino & Squirrel Girl to a wholly unreasonably level).  He's slow, but hits like a truck.  He even has solid animations, if you have those on.  Basically MK/IM40 + anyone with a good blue and/or purple makes a viable enough team normally, and a legitimately viable team when MK is boosted.  I suggested Hawk-Guy because I find him very fun and reasonably effective, but in 3* land Dr Strange, Dr Doom or even Mystique (re-spec to 5/5/3) are viable partners and that's just characters giving active abilities on all colors off the top of my head.  Depending on your 3* levels, a boosted 2* Widow also helps feed the MK/IM40 engine quite well, particularly against goons.  Unless you're hyper-competitive and that keeps you going, you have to have some fun to keep up with this game, IMO.
    My three favorite Marvel characters are Moon Knight, Taskmaster and Black Panther. I have no idea how you get Taskmaster since I can't set him as a bonus and in the 2-3 months I've played he's never shown up in an event.

I have 3* champs so far: Cage, IF, IM40, Dr. Strange, Cyclops, Black Panther, Daredevil, Rocket/Groot, Starlord, Magneto, Bullseye, Thor and there might be a couple more. I have 3* Hawkguy with 13/13 but not enough iso to champ him. For 4* none are champed but I have Vulture, Rhulk, Moonie as above 200. I have all 3* characters and working towards all 4*.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 819 Critical Contributor
    I want to try 3* Bullseye, 3* Magneto and 4* Carnage just to trigger all the fun from Bullseye. I know most ppl only bother with 5 or 4 star characters but for those of still slogging through 3* we got to find our fun somehow.
    Bullseye and Magneto stand a very good chance of being the 3E in a PvP event.

Even if you're a 4 or 5-star player, I was recently finally able to verify that clearing the seed nodes in a PvP event just with 3* characters will pair you against players with 3-star rosters. If you clear the seeds and only see 4* & 5* teams, ignore them and wait, because for the most part you will only be open to be attacked by players with 3-star rosters. Once you get attacked by those 3* players you can then retaliate with your 3* team.

I did this successfully in Mysterio's event up to ~16 wins, then I started to get hit by a few 5* players. For the most part they were under-covered or under-leveled 5*s, but at that point I decided retaliation is part of the game, so I retaliated with my Champion Thor & Okoye, and that was it. My MMR was shot to hell and I was back in the 5-star game.

Next time Bullseye or Magneto are the Essential for a PvP event, I'll try this "trick" again then give your team a shot :smile:
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZootSax said:
    My three favorite Marvel characters are Moon Knight, Taskmaster and Black Panther. I have no idea how you get Taskmaster since I can't set him as a bonus and in the 2-3 months I've played he's never shown up in an event.

I have 3* champs so far: Cage, IF, IM40, Dr. Strange, Cyclops, Black Panther, Daredevil, Rocket/Groot, Starlord, Magneto, Bullseye, Thor and there might be a couple more. I have 3* Hawkguy with 13/13 but not enough iso to champ him. For 4* none are champed but I have Vulture, Rhulk, Moonie as above 200. I have all 3* characters and working towards all 4*.
    Taskmaster is a Limited character introduced last anniversary in early October. Since then, I can think of mayyyyybe one or two opportunities we've had to earn a cover for him. He'll likely be a Limited in the vein of Devil Dinosaur, where we'll get the opportunity to earn covers around anniversary each year, but that's it. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,215 Chairperson of the Boards
    The official word on Taskmaster around the time he was released is that yeah, you can only get his covers at Anniversary.  There was also a bundle of his covers that they offered last year which might show up again in October; otherwise he'll probably be in the Anniversary vault or some other special vault at that time.

I also love Taskmaster as a character and would love to use him in the game more, but the sad fact is that Limited characters are basically never boosted (except maybe for their PVP) and as a new player, you should definitely be a bit wary of using a lot of resources chasing him when his utility in the game will be very low in general.  You'll likely not need him in PVE (maybe once a year, maybe never) and he will have a Crash at Anniversary (probably) along with a PVP.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,499 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like using Bishop with lesser used characters that can utilize the blue he generates. Doc Ock was fun. Only thing you have to avoid is getting your Bishop 1-shot. I'm looking at you, Jessica. 
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Falconfreak said:

Based on your roster, 3* Magneto is a solid third for MK/IM40, although MK will tank 3 colors and possibly team ups which can be dangerous.   Daredevil is another possibility, as the recurring blue stun is devastating after Moon Knight drops one character and a flood of Ambushes thanks to Recharge can possibly drop a second with kicks to the face.  Both of those teams are extremely reliant on IM40 for acceleration, though, which is why I mentioned Hawkguy originally.
  • Falconfreak
    I am working on champing 3* Hawkeye now to work with both MK and carnage/bullseye.
  • AXP_isme
    You could give MK, ghost, IM40 (3/5/5) a go or sub in any of the other yellow and blue 3*s you have champed - magneto, panther...

Ghost would be good in this scenario because she would tank most colours in that scenario. 
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Moon Knight (5/3/5)
    Black P4nther (5/3/5 or 3/5/5)
    Nico Minoru (5/3/5 or 3/5/5)

Used to have a lot of fun with this team before I jumped into 5-land. Rainbow team with actives on all 6 colors, and plenty of fun to be had with special tiles, passives, and nukes. The reason I consider Nico and T'Challa's blue/yellows interchangeable is because I feel it is based on your roster. Remember - Nico's blue can only be used after she takes a hit. My MK is Lv. 304 and Nico/T'Challa are both Lv. 303. Normally in this scenario the only color Nico would tank is blue, but since I have a Kimoyo Beads support on T'Challa, Nico remains hidden in the back the entire match unless I catch an AOE. So in my case, I run Nico's yellow at 5 and T'Challa's blue at 5 for max damage should I be forced to match one of my protects (T'Challa doesn't need the tiles to be fortified to trigger his passive). 

That said, even if its not incredibly fast the team runs like a well-oiled machine once you get it going. Ideally MK's passive will be one that generates special tiles on black/green matches, but even if not, BP and Nico can generate plenty as well. The put out some pretty decently strong protect tiles for cheap, and you'll likely be able to fire BP's yellow anyway to generate additional strikes and attack tiles. All the while Nico is strengthening tiles in the background, so even if you have trouble gathering the AP for the nukes you're still building both a strong passive attack and defense in the meantime that will eventually do the work for you. 
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not very useful to many people, but while I was working my way through Retals in Mysterio's PvP, I found that he works great with 2* Magneto and Storm. The team doesn't otherwise need yellow, but can use all the purple they can get their hands on, so his Countdown is great. Thanks to Mags, it's usually pretty easy to generate 6+ blue AP without ending the turn, letting you pick up enough for Storm before Mysterio has a chance to turn it to yellow.
  • AXP_isme
    Awesome - a 4* character that can, under a particular contrived set of circumstances, provide adequate support to the 2* meta. The devs really smashed it with Mysterio’s design!

sorry - didn’t mean to derail the purpose of the thread. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,548 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited July 2019
    Actually Mysterio worked OK with Infinity War Spidey. You want to match blue so you can generate web tiles so it gives you something to do with it that doesn't impact Spidey and you get a stun.

I'll still probably never use him again outside of essentials but hey ho.

Edited: And would obviously work pretty nicely with 3* Spidey too. But I still wont be using the Fishbowl man.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    AXP_isme said:
    Awesome - a 4* character that can, under a particular contrived set of circumstances, provide adequate support to the 2* meta. The devs really smashed it with Mysterio’s design!

sorry - didn’t mean to derail the purpose of the thread. 
    I mean, yeah, I'm never going to use that team again, and very few people will ever be in a position where it makes sense for them. It was still fun to play, and if we do at some point get a couple of 4* with colours that complement his nicely, he def has potential to be a solid support character. The problem is that right now, he's supporting a team that doesn't actually exist.