Your latest fun team combination

Comments

• Zombionicdoom
    Zombionicdoom Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Hela, C4rol Danvers and Coulson are my favourite team at the moment (I’m sure C4rol & Coulson must have been mentioned before but I’m not reading through 84 pages 😜) if you can get some strike tiles out early on then fire Coulson’s yellow it’s like boost o clock with C4rol’s passive, Hela’s Death Becomes Her & Coulson’s Super Secret Tech (it only needs to be on 3 as you just need Coulson making 1 turn CD tiles for C4rol)

Ive also boosted special tiles to insane damage levels with C4rol, Coulson and 3* Hawkeye firing off his Full Quiver ability.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,158 Chairperson of the Boards
    Having lotsa fun with boosted Chavez, Carol and Kingpin in EotS. Chavez keeps the API flowing for the other two and punches wildly after a while. Kingpin sends out his troopers and points a deadly finger once in a while. Carol sees to it that the enemy has a harder time firing anything. Good times!
  • carlj64
    carlj64 Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    Chavez, Vulture and 3trange. Barely touch the board
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    As an alternative to 4* Wasp/3* Sam/2* Bullseye, I was playing around with 4* Iron Fist in place of Wasp in DDQ.  It's not as versatile as Janet as you lose the stun, extra tile buff & AP theft, but the addition of a true nuke, a lesser secondary nuke (at least with strikes out) and the ability to fortify your tiles is nothing to sneeze at.
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 584 Critical Contributor
    qandols said:
    Having lotsa fun with boosted Chavez, Carol and Kingpin in EotS. Chavez keeps the API flowing for the other two and punches wildly after a while. Kingpin sends out his troopers and points a deadly finger once in a while. Carol sees to it that the enemy has a harder time firing anything. Good times!
    Carol? You mean Peggy?
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    I've been Loving Kitty/Valkyrie/Nova.

Kitty is the strongest here, so Valkyrie will create Yellow for you. If Kitty is champed, it should only take 1 or 2 turns to do the damage required. this will give you yellow for Nova to use. Nova creates two yellow strike tiles, and also does almost enough damage to get more yellow. Very quickly you'll have enough strikes on the board to get valkyrie to proc every turn, and constantly giving yellow. At this point you can even use kitty's yellow for shield tiles to help on defence (you'll have enough yellow). Nova's black (if used carefully) can create more strikes as well, and red can take someone out of the battle a turn.

If your team takes a big hit, Valkyrie creates more strike tiles!

Great team for wave nodes, or even against a Simulator team with a 5star on the roster. it'll work all the time but if you're against a 5star, a single turn by the opponent can be enough for Valk to create strike tiles.

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Omegased said:

Kitty is the strongest here, so Valkyrie will create Yellow for you. If Kitty is champed, it should only take 1 or 2 turns to do the damage required. this will give you yellow for Nova to use. Nova creates two yellow strike tiles, and also does almost enough damage to get more yellow. Very quickly you'll have enough strikes on the board to get valkyrie to proc every turn, and constantly giving yellow. At this point you can even use kitty's yellow for shield tiles to help on defence (you'll have enough yellow). Nova's black (if used carefully) can create more strikes as well, and red can take someone out of the battle a turn.

Great team for wave nodes, or even against a Simulator team with a 5star on the roster. it'll work all the time but if you're against a 5star, a single turn by the opponent can be enough for Valk to create strike tiles.

Nova gives black strike tiles not yellow, and his black and red can produce black strike tiles as well.
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    you're right. black, not yellow. the point was really he makes strikes for kitty to buff. Regardless of that, it's still an amazing team.
    Sorry for the colour mix up.

• tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,650 Chairperson of the Boards
    Omegased said:

Try putting in cloak and dagger for nova. Strikes, and attacks. With an aoe or special removal from cloak and dagger on yellow. Kitty loves teammates that remove specials.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the latest three in theory have really good synergy but haven’t tested it yet. Not sure if I want play a Bishop team in Sim of defense, and if so, that means not playing three 5*. 

Defensively I don’t think Xavier or Storm are super great, as you can’t trust them to choose the right color tiles or pick the right purple effect. Also Iceman not having a nuke or knowing how to chase his own countdowns makes him weak AI as well. 

But offensively, the latests have outlets for 5/6 colors (no red). The only overlap is on green (but Storm’s green may be the weakest active). At three black, Xavier would still make opposing red/green powers cost 3 AP more and negate 54% of damage. So tank purple and blue as much as possible. Iceman will also protect from big hits and you can use the board control that Xavier (via the Cyclops effect of his purple) or Storm (via color changing) provide to try and match it in a pinch.  Storm will create plenty of match-4s for Xavier and all three are capable of good AOE damage and random chaos. Storm can also spam blue on an already blue-CD filled board for some nice stun effects. Really just seems like a fun synergistic team. 

• qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,158 Chairperson of the Boards
    qandols said:
    Carol? You mean Peggy?
    Yes, yes of course I mean Peggy. Thanks, I sometime think Peggy and say Carol, heh
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    Omegased said:

I’d use valkyries red rather than nova’s myself. You lose the ability to send enemies airborne, but that strike boosted 5 hit combo can remove the need for sending them there in the first place.

otherwise looks like a great team, and I plan to give it a try sometime 
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the latest three in theory have really good synergy but haven’t tested it yet. Not sure if I want play a Bishop team in Sim of defense, and if so, that means not playing three 5*. 

Defensively I don’t think Xavier or Storm are super great, as you can’t trust them to choose the right color tiles or pick the right purple effect. Also Iceman not having a nuke or knowing how to chase his own countdowns makes him weak AI as well. 

But offensively, the latests have outlets for 5/6 colors (no red). The only overlap is on green (but Storm’s green may be the weakest active). At three black, Xavier would still make opposing red/green powers cost 3 AP more and negate 54% of damage. So tank purple and blue as much as possible. Iceman will also protect from big hits and you can use the board control that Xavier (via the Cyclops effect of his purple) or Storm (via color changing) provide to try and match it in a pinch.  Storm will create plenty of match-4s for Xavier and all three are capable of good AOE damage and random chaos. Storm can also spam blue on an already blue-CD filled board for some nice stun effects. Really just seems like a fun synergistic team. 

For a better storm team try Storm, Gambit, Black Bolt.  Black Bolts passive gets going super fast and for active abilities you have Storms Black and Yellow, gambits red and Purple, BB green just no blue.  Once it gets rolling it can do a ton of damage quickly 
  • Daredevil217
    wymtime said:

For a better storm team try Storm, Gambit, Black Bolt.  Black Bolts passive gets going super fast and for active abilities you have Storms Black and Yellow, gambits red and Purple, BB green just no blue.  Once it gets rolling it can do a ton of damage quickly 
    That is my ideal Storm team. But Bolt is 5/1/0 (a Medusa away from 5/1/1) so not likely to ever be finished :(. He’s the ONE character that I actually care about in that position. He’d need to be in a character store with two other people I need or wouldn’t mind putting levels on (Okoye/DD) at a time that I’m heavy on CP. Gambit is also unchamped but at least feeder ready. So I’ll at least get to pair him with Storm some day. But for now I need to get creative with less ideal teams.

The other option for me is Cable in Bolt’s spot. Go 5 in blue/green, throw out Cable’s CD, use Storm’s yellow to spam green, hopefully it’ll make green matches which will then cause up to EIGHT green charged tiles to spam (5 from Cable, 3 from Storm), that you will have first crack at. Fuel Cable’s green nuke and the hard to reach charged tiles eventually get soaked up by Gambit red or shattered by a game-ending storm black. This is a full rainbow of mediocre individual characters that will play way better than the sum of their parts. 
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,499 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've enjoyed Okoye/Doom/DD and Rescue/Doom/DD as a team that can do a lot of healing.
  • Daredevil217
    Borstock said:
    I've enjoyed Okoye/Doom/DD and Rescue/Doom/DD as a team that can do a lot of healing.
    DoomDevil is my favorite climbing team in pick-2 PVP. 
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,499 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2019
    Borstock said:
    People sleep on teams that heal because, in general, it's a weaker mechanic when your team can be stunned or one-shot. Plus, it usually means you're sacrificing offensive power, which means the match lasts longer. But against the AI and while climbing, like you said, it can be very effective and lots of fun to play with.
  • Daredevil217
    Borstock said:
    Borstock said:
    People sleep on teams that heal because, in general, it's a weaker mechanic when your team can be stunned or one-shot. Plus, it usually means you're sacrificing offensive power, which means the match lasts longer. But against the AI and while climbing, like you said, it can be very effective and lots of fun to play with.
    True heal is one of my favorite mechanics. The issue with it in 5* land was the decision to do power creep in the form of match damage. OML/Kitty/Daredevil would be a heck of a team if their match damage was equal. Put Kitty in that third spot so she only tanks purple, while Matt and Logan passively make strikes and heal. Instead of the healers tanking all but one color, Kitty tanks 5/7. That’s awful. So the more characters that get released, the less effective your true healing tanks get. This is why I’m pretty much relegated to playing them with other healers (Doom/Loki is my other favorite)
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    It’s an obvious team, but for 3* R&G’s essentials against goons in Battle of the Basilica I’ve been running them with boosted Drax (3/5/5) and 4* Star Lord.  Rainbow coverage, cheap nukes (via SL) and thematic to boot.

If I run a similar team in Drax’s essential I may swap out R&G for 5* Clint to take advantage of the AP engine.