Your latest fun team combination

Comments

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    So I finally champed OML with the fan favs vault. I heard he’s uber trash, and what makes matters worse is that being an older 5 and mine only being 450, he barely gets to do the one thing he’s good at (absorbing damage). That said, I had him on two teams I particularly liked. 

1. OML/Daredevil/Doom

Basically three true healers. While slow, you’ll never need a health pack unless someone is KOed, otherwise, let someone else tank and they’ll heal right back up. Logan only tanks black but it’s the color I chased most due to fueling Doom’s nuke, so he tanked plenty enough. 

2. OML/Professor X/Kitty

Chase 8 purple, choose Storm/black for professor’s power so he drops 5 attacks, Logan then passively drops two strikes. And it’s enough to get the Kitty train rolling. Attack Logan and he heals. Attack Professor and he sidesteps 75% damage. Very annoying to face on defense I’d imagine. Again Logan only tanks black here. 

Also during my final push in anniversary sim I wanted to build around Bishop since I skip him like the plague. Paired him with Professor who is another good defensive character. Wasn’t sure who to use as a third X-Man, so just went with who I felt was the best defensive deterrent in Iceman. Worked out surprisingly well offensively and was a ton of fun.  I’m sure it garnered lots of skips. Super shocked how much I used Cyclops/blue for Professor’s power to clear a row full of CDs/repeaters to hit a lengthy stun at a key time. I really like when I get to use powers other than the AOE (Jean/green) and nuke (Wolverine/red). 

I also bought the 250 CP cover for Ock (Carnage was close enough I probably could have waited but oh well). So am interested in teams he’d play well on.
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2019
    So I finally champed OML with the fan favs vault. I heard he’s uber trash, and what makes matters worse is that being an older 5 and mine only being 450, he barely gets to do the one thing he’s good at (absorbing damage). That said, I had him on two teams I particularly liked. 

1. OML/Daredevil/Doom

Basically three true healers. While slow, you’ll never need a health pack unless someone is KOed, otherwise, let someone else tank and they’ll heal right back up. Logan only tanks black but it’s the color I chased most due to fueling Doom’s nuke, so he tanked plenty enough. 

2. OML/Professor X/Kitty

Chase 8 purple, choose Storm/black for professor’s power so he drops 5 attacks, Logan then passively drops two strikes. And it’s enough to get the Kitty train rolling. Attack Logan and he heals. Attack Professor and he sidesteps 75% damage. Very annoying to face on defense I’d imagine. Again Logan only tanks black here. 

Also during my final push in anniversary sim I wanted to build around Bishop since I skip him like the plague. Paired him with Professor who is another good defensive character. Wasn’t sure who to use as a third X-Man, so just went with who I felt was the best defensive deterrent in Iceman. Worked out surprisingly well offensively and was a ton of fun.  I’m sure it garnered lots of skips. Super shocked how much I used Cyclops/blue for Professor’s power to clear a row full of CDs/repeaters to hit a lengthy stun at a key time. I really like when I get to use powers other than the AOE (Jean/green) and nuke (Wolverine/red). 

I also bought the 250 CP cover for Ock (Carnage was close enough I probably could have waited but oh well). So am interested in teams he’d play well on.
    Very close on OML myself. I wasn’t going to champ him any time soon because he is usually super easy to dispatch due to his very low health pool. Sounds like some fun might be had with the right partners though.

Edit: I skipped your ProfX team btw. I was actually interested in giving it a spin but unfortunately it was too risky for 9 points.
  • spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    Current favorite team in Class of 2019: Bishop, Prowler, 4 star Juggs. Ride the painbow, everyone!
  • Daredevil217
    jp1 said:

1. OML/Daredevil/Doom

2. OML/Professor X/Kitty

Very close on OML myself. I wasn’t going to champ him any time soon because he is usually super easy to dispatch due to his very low health pool. Sounds like some fun might be had with the right partners though.

Edit: I skipped your ProfX team btw. I was actually interested in giving it a spin but unfortunately it was too risky for 9 points.
    It’s actually not hard to dispatch I imagine. Ice will drain Bishops blue. And his little ping stuns are way less annoying than the 4 turn team stun lock when running Bish alone. Professor has the only real nuke and that’s IF the AI chooses the right purple power. I just figured it’d slow people down trying to quick hop. But those playing for wins or messing around could kill it easy. I just couldn't think of a better XMan to pair with Bish/Prof that would allow Bishop to be the only blue user and still be scary on D. 
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    It’s pretty basic but Thor/Domino/Ock was making free tentacles like crazy- plenty stuns and lots of blue to scoop up, keeping Thor in back and if you want you can refine the reactor pretty fast, but I imagine Thors green probably is the better choice
    You can also throw Bishop at Doc- the reactor will help his health and gives you a second color stun
    I wonder if you couldn’t get some weak synergy out of an OML/DD/doc? Its not spam cheap but the tentacles will keep the strikes out at a moderate pace, superior science also puts strikes & the CD resolving with the strikes and DD purps could be a finisher
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    I've been running Domino/Kitty/Hela as a one-trick punching pony.  Generate black, dump a bunch of attack tiles, let Kitty do her thing.  If nothing else, it gives me an excuse to use my undercovered 5s (which are practically all of them)
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,650 Chairperson of the Boards
    5* daredevil, bishop, mysterio. Just attack whoever mysterio stuns. They take silly damage from all 3 passives smacking them as bishop generates blue.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    To celebrate Ghost’s boost week, I’ve been cruising through Honor Among Thieves with:
    4* Ghost (3/5/5 w/Quantum Realm support)
    4* Black Cat (5/3/5)
    3* Dr Strange (5/3/5) 

The goal of the team is to exploit the interaction of Strange’s yellow and Ghost’s Quantum Realm perk to go invisible few free (eventually) and up her boosted red damage from ~7,500 to ~19,000 (for a low Ghost champ—your mileage may vary).  Black Cat offers a green outlet, stun and situational AP theft (mostly green, purple or red this event from the goons).

Depending on your scaling (I’m running this in SCL7) Black Cat could be subbed for someone who protects Strange more when Ghost goes invisible, but ideally they should have a black, green or yellow outlet, as otherwise those colors are wasted.
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    In the class of 2019 PvP, I was shocked by how many defensive wins I got leaving out:

Center: 4* Carnage 5/5/3 lvl 297
    Left: 4* Medusa 5/5/3 lvl 289
    Right: 4* Thanos 3/5/5 (not sure what level he was boosted to, but unboosted he's only 271)

I would estimate I had an 80% defensive win rate.

Order is key. You want Carnage making as many special tiles as possible as quickly as possible, so he is in the first slot. This way, Medusa's CD tile won't count against Carnage's cap. Also by having Carnage ahead of Thanos, Thanos will start converting tiles to Green the very first time Carnage lays out his first 3 enemy attack tiles.

Offensively it was simple: deny the enemy's strongest colors. In the meantime, watch your team heal and grow the Green and Purple AP (Blue is a throw-away).

Carnage, Prowler, Thanos was decent (especially with Prowler boosted) but required more healthpacks.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZootSax said:
    To celebrate Ghost’s boost week, I’ve been cruising through Honor Among Thieves with:
    4* Ghost (3/5/5 w/Quantum Realm support)
    4* Black Cat (5/3/5)
    3* Dr Strange (5/3/5) 

The goal of the team is to exploit the interaction of Strange’s yellow and Ghost’s Quantum Realm perk to go invisible few free (eventually) and up her boosted red damage from ~7,500 to ~19,000 (for a low Ghost champ—your mileage may vary).  Black Cat offers a green outlet, stun and situational AP theft (mostly green, purple or red this event from the goons).

Depending on your scaling (I’m running this in SCL7) Black Cat could be subbed for someone who protects Strange more when Ghost goes invisible, but ideally they should have a black, green or yellow outlet, as otherwise those colors are wasted.
    Upon further playing, boosted 4* Luke Cage is objectively better than Black Cat against special tile spammers like the Mindless Ones (and it would make for the oddest MCU/MarvelTV cross-over episode ever).  Once Ghost goes invisible, Luke Cage is always in front no matter who makes the match, so no opponent special tiles have a chance with the Mindless Ones.  It’s a slow team (at least by forumite standards), but it’s been incredibly reliable for Sub 2 of Honor Among Thieves against the endless Mindless Ones.  Through four clears, not a single green countdown has resolved and I’ve used zero health packs.

• Daredevil217
    My Gambit is only 5/2/5 right now, but man he and Storm (only level 450) may be my favorite tandem in a long time. I was taking some crazy long turns in Star-Lord PVP just smashing and charging up the board.  ALMOST winfinite at times.  Once it gets rolling, you get buckets of AP (Storm yellow, Gambit red) then destroy all the charged tiles (Storm black) so there’s none left for whatever enemies are standing. I’m seriously excited to finish Gambit now. Also wondering who to run as a third when given the chance. 

Bishop- Stun lock the other team while you charge up the board and Gambit collects AP. Obviously a huge defensive deterrent. 

Cable- Probably the best third. Awesome green to use instead of Storm’s. Blue outlet that adds charged tiles to the board. And fortification for all of Gambit’s tiles. 

Iceman/Black Suit/Ock/Archangel- While not as good as Cable, all provide a Green/Blue outlet as well. You often get more black than you can spend with this Storm, so the latter two also provide additional black outlets. 

Professor- On my team, Professor would tank three colors and shrug off tons of damage. His blue should proc a bunch with all the cascades.  However, not being able to use his purple is a giant letdown. 

Thor- Basically an additional battery for three colors and a better green outlet. 

Really hoping Remy gets a feeder! Something I never thought I’d care about!

• chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    it's very situational, but it was hilarious running OBW/Gritty against mindless ones.  After a couple rounds of Kitty buffing the tiles, OBW was double-tapping black matches for 4000 points each.  
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,124 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited October 2019
    @Daredevil217:
    Bolt/Star Lord/Surfer are all the other charge tile producers in the tier I can think of. I guess Hawkeye does it on third fire of his blue also. Any of those usable as a third on your roster?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,917 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Daredevil217:
    Bolt/Star Lord/Surfer are all the other charge tile producers in the tier I can think of. I guess Hawkeye does it on third fire of his blue also. Any of those usable as a third on your roster?
    Cable makes charged greens, kinda sorta.
  • Daredevil217
    Bowgentle said:
    @Daredevil217:
    Cable makes charged greens, kinda sorta.
    I had already mentioned Cable. I wouldn’t say he “kinda sorta” makes charged greens. He’s a great charged green generator.

TRW was mentioning people I didn’t name. Unfortunately I don’t have Bolt, SL, Surfer, or Hawkeye at good builds yet.

I don’t think that third HAS to add more charged tiles necessarily. A blue user to complete the rainbow, a better green user, a true healing tank, or someone with a great passive or two would all be fine.  Cable happens to provide all but the healing.  

• abenness
    abenness Posts: 228 Tile Toppler
    OJSP said:
    OJSP said:
    Apparently lvl 270 4/4/5 Ronin, lvl 275 5/3/5 MEH and 188 5/2/2 Juggernaut beat Gritty Bishop.. I'm going to try that next season.
    Apparently I'm missing something here.. I've been trying lvl 367 3/5/5 MEH, lvl 284 4/5/4 Juggernaut and lvl 287 3/5/5 Ronin against Gritty teams and other 5* teams that are usually beatable with 4*s and I haven't won any matches yet, even with AP boosts. I fail to see the synergy.

Perhaps the levels make a difference there or the one who beat me repeatedly last season was using TUs or something weird was going on. Perhaps someone else would like to try this team against Gritty Bishop? (Warning: they might not work and you will waste health packs)
    Speculation on LINE that this was a cheater (at the end of anniversary season, hitting all sorts of teams that they shouldn't be able to).  Several were going to report him.
    If enemy team health is dramatically reduced by cheating, MEH and Juggs might make it a turn-0 win.
  • Daredevil217
    An alliance mate mentioned how it’s a shame Goblin and Iceman are in different stores since they pair so well together. Apparently I also missed this in his character thread. But man that is a crazy fun combo. I very often had Goblin fortify 3 blue CD tiles for a 6 turn stun and after matching had enough AP for Bobby to cast his blue two more times. It’s crazy crazy good with no active overlap! I love finding out combos that play way better than the sum of their parts and have such good synergy like Gambit/Storm, Doom/Loki, Iceman/Goblin because I’m so bored of Thorkoye that I try to only play them when I really have to (5* essential, quick push in PVP). 

As an aside, I think Daredevil is my most played second option on my roster. He has synergy and just works well with so many people. In pick-2, I have often paired him with: Doom, Cable, Iceman, Jessica, Thanos, Kingpin, Kitty, Black Suit, Okoye, Strange and Ock. Weirdly never tried Thor (though I’ve seen that combo a lot in PVP). 
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    An alliance mate mentioned how it’s a shame Goblin and Iceman are in different stores since they pair so well together. Apparently I also missed this in his character thread. But man that is a crazy fun combo. I very often had Goblin fortify 3 blue CD tiles for a 6 turn stun and after matching had enough AP for Bobby to cast his blue two more times. It’s crazy crazy good with no active overlap! I love finding out combos that play way better than the sum of their parts and have such good synergy like Gambit/Storm, Doom/Loki, Iceman/Goblin because I’m so bored of Thorkoye that I try to only play them when I really have to (5* essential, quick push in PVP). 

As an aside, I think Daredevil is my most played second option on my roster. He has synergy and just works well with so many people. In pick-2, I have often paired him with: Doom, Cable, Iceman, Jessica, Thanos, Kingpin, Kitty, Black Suit, Okoye, Strange and Ock. Weirdly never tried Thor (though I’ve seen that combo a lot in PVP). 
    Add 5* Hawkeye as a third in Sim. Fortified CDs and repeaters all over the place. It's often how people get those crazy 10+ turn stuns on a single character. HE is my current BH (5/2/1 Level 375) and I'm hoping to get more covers for my 2/3/1 Level 345 GG in the Carnage release store to hopefully make them a little more viable. 
  • Daredevil217
    Yeah I think Hawk is a great pair with Ice, Gobby, DD, etc. but mine is at 1/3/0. Just awful :(
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,124 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just champed Drax this week, so I was having fun running Okoye/XFDP/Drax in simulator below 1000pts earlier this week. One of these days when I get WCap up, i'll swap out XFDP for him and see how that plays. Surely this team is somewhere in the previous 90 pages, but it's a new option for me lol.