Your latest fun team combination

Comments

• ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    For this run of "The Hunt" the team of featured 4* Black Cat, boosted 3* Spider-Man and 4* Vulture has been pretty fun.  Covers all colors, but only has overlap on blue & green.  Two stuns to boost Black Cat's green damage, protect tiles on purple matches, AP theft & damage on black matches, large damage on yellow all along with Vulture's AP acceleration on black.  As a bonus, it's even possible to make a reasonable storyline for such a team to exist without straining the limits of narrative credibility any more than existing comic book team-up storylines already do :)
  • helix72
    helix72 Posts: 991 Critical Contributor
    I've officially replaced my easy node PvE team from Rocket, Gamora, and Thano3 to:

4* Juggernaut: lvl 188, 2/2/5
    4* Rocket & Groot, lvl 294
    4* Star-Lord, lvl 286

Need Juggy to tank as many colors as possible to make sure his collateral will hit the enemy team, which is not as hard as it might seem even though I don't have him covered or champed yet. Need Rocket for his strike tiles. Need another GotG to boost Rocket's strikes. Given the various levels of my champed GotGs, putting Star-Lord in leaves Juggs strongest or tied for strongest (thus important to put him in the team center) in 4 of 7 tile colors (R, G, Ba, and TU). And thankfully I have the right supports to either boost Juggy's Bu (Kra-Van) higher than Rocket's or his Purple (Destroyer Gun or Black Widow's Batons) higher than Starry's.

I still get mostly 1-match insta-kills of the entire enemy team, only now it doesn't eat any healthpacks. When I'm feeling lazy, I'll even leave this team in on some non-tile moving hard nodes.

• AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    helix72 said:
    I've officially replaced my easy node PvE team from Rocket, Gamora, and Thano3 to:

4* Star-Lord, lvl 286

Need Juggy to tank as many colors as possible to make sure his collateral will hit the enemy team, which is not as hard as it might seem even though I don't have him covered or champed yet. Need Rocket for his strike tiles. Need another GotG to boost Rocket's strikes. Given the various levels of my champed GotGs, putting Star-Lord in leaves Juggs strongest or tied for strongest (thus important to put him in the team center) in 4 of 7 tile colors (R, G, Ba, and TU). And thankfully I have the right supports to either boost Juggy's Bu (Kra-Van) higher than Rocket's or his Purple (Destroyer Gun or Black Widow's Batons) higher than Starry's.

I still get mostly 1-match insta-kills of the entire enemy team, only now it doesn't eat any healthpacks. When I'm feeling lazy, I'll even leave this team in on some non-tile moving hard nodes.

You could try with 3* SL instead since he overlaps R&G in two colours. That way Juggs should tank green, red, blue, black and TU. 
  • jp1
    jp1 Posts: 1,068 Chairperson of the Boards
    I used boosted Rogue and GED on the last two PVPs. It’s an amazing team offensively with Rogue boosted. 

Defensively it really depends on the featured character.

Overall, fun combo. I wish Rogue was boosted more often.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    AXP_isme said:
    helix72 said:

4* Star-Lord, lvl 286

You could try with 3* SL instead since he overlaps R&G in two colours. That way Juggs should tank green, red, blue, black and TU. 
    I've been using the same thing, except with G4mora instead, and the reason I go for her is that she's the highest level Guardian I have who won't take more than one colour away from Juggs, so it's substantially faster to get to her and switch teams than it is to dig back 16 pages or so into my roster looking for one of the 3* Guardians.
    If we ever do manage to get pinned Characters/Teams in the team selection screen, I'm totally going to use one of the 3*, but right now it's too much of a hassle for a team that I'm using specifically for speed.
  • eddidit
    eddidit Posts: 86 Match Maker
    I've been having fun with Medusa, Jean, and Mockingbird.

Since the ai usually gets a match-4 at least once it's almost guaranteed that I'll get a free attack through Mockingbird's yellow. Jean is just fun and I love that she does aoe damage on top of removing special tiles. I just love Medusa she's one of the few characters that I use constantly even when she's not boosted.

But if the ai gets lucky this team pretty much keeps them from dominating or causing too much damage. 
  • dingo
    dingo Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    In the Perfect Storm pvp Lockjaw and 4* Deadpool are boosted. Unlikely pairing, but I thought hey, give it a try. I was pleasantly surprised to find that you get to double dip damage with "countdown for what" and Lockjaws passive "the dog that bit you". When the enemy matches the countdowns. Good stuff... 
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    AXP_isme said:
    helix72 said:

4* Star-Lord, lvl 286

I've been using the same thing, except with G4mora instead, and the reason I go for her is that she's the highest level Guardian I have who won't take more than one colour away from Juggs, so it's substantially faster to get to her and switch teams than it is to dig back 16 pages or so into my roster looking for one of the 3* Guardians.
    If we ever do manage to get pinned Characters/Teams in the team selection screen, I'm totally going to use one of the 3*, but right now it's too much of a hassle for a team that I'm using specifically for speed.
    Out of boredom, I’ve been looking at what my supports do, leveling decent ones and assigning them. The reality is I only play a handful of characters in PVE (aside from the 5E if champed). So most supports are sitting on 5* I’ll use once a year. 

I saw Element Guns has a decent Star-Lord synergy perk. Mine is only 1*. But gives a 36% chance to get 3 random AP per Guardian at the match start. So I leveled my level 255 5* Star-Lord to 335 which allows Juggs to tank all but Yellow and Purple (Rocket was tanking Yellow anyway). I put Chewie on Juggs which has a 29% chance to make an attack tile when he matches (and since he’s tanking 5 colors, he matches a lot).

Rocket is my highest 4* at 341, so 335 Star-Lord is very close to him on my roster. No digging in the back!
  • MrEd95
    MrEd95 Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    I’m not sure if I would call it fun, but for Worth It, I have been using Boosted Dazzler and Lockjaw. Surprisingly, they do work together. Lockjaws charged tiles help feed Dazzlers red, and if you get enough of them on the board, he will be jumping in once or twice on each of the enemies turns.

it uses quite a lot of health packs, but I’m struggling to find another team that actually works so far
  • Kixty
    Kixty Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    The class of 2013 pvp allowed me to play one of my favorite 3* teams of all time: Hood, Loki,  Magneto.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,158 Chairperson of the Boards
    Totally off the record. but what is up with the overly large blue headers, like Kixty:s?
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Been having fun in Hearts of Darkness with boosted Prof X, Storm, and OML. Not the fastest team, but lots of powers firing off all the time and extra damage events get Logan kicking out a bunch of Strikes and then make plenty of use of them. If they do get wiped out by all the board shake, who cares, I'll be firing more powers and making more soon. Storm's green is excellent for taking care of Countdowns that get stuck in the corner or something. This is the first time I've used Prof X, so I've mostly just been going with Jubilee on his purple, for even more board shake.
  • qandols
    qandols said:
    Totally off the record. but what is up with the overly large blue headers, like Kixty:s?
    Hmmm. Looks fine in Firefox but the above post has a blue banner 5 miles long in Chrome. Go figure.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    Instead of trying to manipulate MMR and leave Bishop on defense, I decided I’m just going to try and play fun teams for 2014 sim. 

I REALLY enjoy Professor X. He’s my favorite character in a long time. If anyone is on the fence about opening hoards, do it while he’s in Latests.

First team I played him 5/3/5 with Kitty and rotated in a third X-Man. There are a lot of X-Men in the 5* tier and a lot I have champed. I played Cable until he died, Archangel lasted a long time, Storm lasted one match, and then Iceman got a few runs because I chose to use packs to keep reviving him (I need two Logan covers and a Gambit feeder and I’ll have even more options to fit in that third slot).

Professor as my main tank lasted seemingly forever. Shrugging off  75% of all damage is no joke! With only 3 in Purple I mostly chose Black to create attacks for Kitty to buff. Pretty slow team, but seriously tanky. Angel was actually my favorite of all options I tried because he provided 3 new color outlets to form a full rainbow, and his black shutting down colors at the right times was huge. I had opposing Thors at half health not getting green/red/yellow AND those abilities costing +3 more. Brutal. And FUN!

The other team I tried was Professor respeced 5/5/3 paired with Thorkoye since I heard good thing. And yeah... it’s as good as advertised.  Probably not as good on defense as Jessica in that third slot due to his stun susceptibility, but I’d say he’s way better on offense. Easily the fastest hop team.

I had one match against trip champed 5* where my first match set off a series of cascades triggering Xavier’s passive over and over again. The end result was two dead 5* champs on turn 1 and a Jessica Jones with about 4K health. I was hoping to luck into one more cascade for an unprecedented TURN 1 PVP victory, but had to wait for turn two where Thor’s board smash finished her off. That’s insane. And my Prof is only 452. 
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    5torm/4thor/Prof5, seemed to work really well.

Thor's blue is fantastic for stun and charged tiles. Her red also hits fairly hard as well. Prof can generate a fair bit of AP, and also pretty good board control with his Purple/blue. 

Good coverage, and all in all Good team. Obviously not super fast, but great on wave nodes, and pretty dangerous all round.

• Falconfreak
    Falconfreak Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Boosted champed out Falcon with Carnage and Medusa is a lot of fun.
  • qandols
    Something I had not thought of until I suddenly saw Kitty and Valkyrie together in Raawwwr PVP. Add Ronin if you got him and you have free strike tiles every turn. Match red and you get two attack tiles. Try to match green, red and purple and you have a lot of damage built up. Nice combo.
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    I've been enjoying Skelethorkoye in Watch and Learn, as well as the "Class of 201_" events.  Having 2 stuns and an AOE among other options really complement thorkoye even if it's not exactly groundbreaking.

Also been using Vulture plus cheap blue stunner to take out the Hammercap/Hawkeye teams, even if they just make for easy retals.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    For this new Spider-Man 2099 event, I’ve really been enjoying the 3* X-Men team of:
    -Mystique (5/3/5) (Featured)
    -Magneto (3/5/5) (Boosted)
    -Storm (5/5/3) (Boosted)

If you primarily use the colors at five covers, there’s effectively no overlap.  Three solid damage-dealing powers, all of which can be conditionally excellent, good board shake and AP generation plus a stun on top of it all.  Magneto’s yellow and Storms’s black are even conditionally useful to flood the board with special tiles to counter traps and the like. 
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    OML/Hammond/Grocket. Hammond green and strikes ...things just die, i don't even notice it happening.