Your latest fun team combination

Comments

• Daredevil217Daredevil217 Posts: 2,308 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    @Daredevil217:
    Bolt/Star Lord/Surfer are all the other charge tile producers in the tier I can think of. I guess Hawkeye does it on third fire of his blue also. Any of those usable as a third on your roster?
    Cable makes charged greens, kinda sorta.
    I had already mentioned Cable. I wouldn’t say he “kinda sorta” makes charged greens. He’s a great charged green generator.

TRW was mentioning people I didn’t name. Unfortunately I don’t have Bolt, SL, Surfer, or Hawkeye at good builds yet.

I don’t think that third HAS to add more charged tiles necessarily. A blue user to complete the rainbow, a better green user, a true healing tank, or someone with a great passive or two would all be fine.  Cable happens to provide all but the healing.  

• abennessabenness Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    OJSP said:
    OJSP said:
    Apparently lvl 270 4/4/5 Ronin, lvl 275 5/3/5 MEH and 188 5/2/2 Juggernaut beat Gritty Bishop.. I'm going to try that next season.
    Apparently I'm missing something here.. I've been trying lvl 367 3/5/5 MEH, lvl 284 4/5/4 Juggernaut and lvl 287 3/5/5 Ronin against Gritty teams and other 5* teams that are usually beatable with 4*s and I haven't won any matches yet, even with AP boosts. I fail to see the synergy.

Perhaps the levels make a difference there or the one who beat me repeatedly last season was using TUs or something weird was going on. Perhaps someone else would like to try this team against Gritty Bishop? (Warning: they might not work and you will waste health packs)
    Speculation on LINE that this was a cheater (at the end of anniversary season, hitting all sorts of teams that they shouldn't be able to).  Several were going to report him.
    If enemy team health is dramatically reduced by cheating, MEH and Juggs might make it a turn-0 win.
  • OJSPOJSP Posts: 473 Mover and Shaker
    abenness said:
    Speculation on LINE that this was a cheater (at the end of anniversary season, hitting all sorts of teams that they shouldn't be able to).  Several were going to report him.
    If enemy team health is dramatically reduced by cheating, MEH and Juggs might make it a turn-0 win.
    I see. Thanks. Anyway, that team is quite decent for fighting other 4*s, but I can't see them beating Gritty Bishop yet.
    An alliance mate mentioned how it’s a shame Goblin and Iceman are in different stores since they pair so well together. Apparently I also missed this in his character thread. But man that is a crazy fun combo. I very often had Goblin fortify 3 blue CD tiles for a 6 turn stun and after matching had enough AP for Bobby to cast his blue two more times. It’s crazy crazy good with no active overlap! I love finding out combos that play way better than the sum of their parts and have such good synergy like Gambit/Storm, Doom/Loki, Iceman/Goblin because I’m so bored of Thorkoye that I try to only play them when I really have to (5* essential, quick push in PVP). 

As an aside, I think Daredevil is my most played second option on my roster. He has synergy and just works well with so many people. In pick-2, I have often paired him with: Doom, Cable, Iceman, Jessica, Thanos, Kingpin, Kitty, Black Suit, Okoye, Strange and Ock. Weirdly never tried Thor (though I’ve seen that combo a lot in PVP). 
  • DarthDeVoDarthDeVo Posts: 1,952 Chairperson of the Boards
    An alliance mate mentioned how it’s a shame Goblin and Iceman are in different stores since they pair so well together. Apparently I also missed this in his character thread. But man that is a crazy fun combo. I very often had Goblin fortify 3 blue CD tiles for a 6 turn stun and after matching had enough AP for Bobby to cast his blue two more times. It’s crazy crazy good with no active overlap! I love finding out combos that play way better than the sum of their parts and have such good synergy like Gambit/Storm, Doom/Loki, Iceman/Goblin because I’m so bored of Thorkoye that I try to only play them when I really have to (5* essential, quick push in PVP). 

As an aside, I think Daredevil is my most played second option on my roster. He has synergy and just works well with so many people. In pick-2, I have often paired him with: Doom, Cable, Iceman, Jessica, Thanos, Kingpin, Kitty, Black Suit, Okoye, Strange and Ock. Weirdly never tried Thor (though I’ve seen that combo a lot in PVP). 
    Add 5* Hawkeye as a third in Sim. Fortified CDs and repeaters all over the place. It's often how people get those crazy 10+ turn stuns on a single character. HE is my current BH (5/2/1 Level 375) and I'm hoping to get more covers for my 2/3/1 Level 345 GG in the Carnage release store to hopefully make them a little more viable. 
    Yeah I think Hawk is a great pair with Ice, Gobby, DD, etc. but mine is at 1/3/0. Just awful :(
  • ThaRoadWarriorThaRoadWarrior Posts: 3,223 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just champed Drax this week, so I was having fun running Okoye/XFDP/Drax in simulator below 1000pts earlier this week. One of these days when I get WCap up, i'll swap out XFDP for him and see how that plays. Surely this team is somewhere in the previous 90 pages, but it's a new option for me lol.
  • spidyjedi84spidyjedi84 Posts: 377 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 23
    OJSP said:
    OJSP said:
    Apparently lvl 270 4/4/5 Ronin, lvl 275 5/3/5 MEH and 188 5/2/2 Juggernaut beat Gritty Bishop.. I'm going to try that next season.
    Apparently I'm missing something here.. I've been trying lvl 367 3/5/5 MEH, lvl 284 4/5/4 Juggernaut and lvl 287 3/5/5 Ronin against Gritty teams and other 5* teams that are usually beatable with 4*s and I haven't won any matches yet, even with AP boosts. I fail to see the synergy.

Perhaps the levels make a difference there or the one who beat me repeatedly last season was using TUs or something weird was going on. Perhaps someone else would like to try this team against Gritty Bishop? (Warning: they might not work and you will waste health packs)
    I'm guessing your 367 MEH is tanking too many of the colors Jugg can get AOE match damage with. It works for the other team because Juggs is tanking in more colors for him, so when MEH shakes the board and makes a match, boom he's getting two AOE attacks a turn. Combined with the Red strike tiles produced by Ronin, I could see how a lower level player could benefit with that team. 

I'm running a 2/2/3 330 Kitty, 4/4/5 294 Rocket and 5/4/4 270 Juggs for my clears in PVE, and it's a real time saver if Juggs is in the middle position, and doesn't require the health pack usage a Thanos team requires. Most rounds are done in fewer than 10 matches of tiles. After the first turn, Juggs is tanking Red, Green, Blue and Black.
  • crackninjacrackninja Posts: 376 Mover and Shaker
    For Red Shift, I've been having fun with snazzy black hatted Wanda, Kitty, and G4mora.  The 4 turn countdowns make for easy and replenishable Circuit Breaker fodder...focus on blue for the cheap Gamora stuns (that also make special tiles), and black for more specials, and I've generally had dual 5* champ teams stunlocked/downed before I can even fire off Reality Crush.
  • OJSPOJSP Posts: 473 Mover and Shaker
    edited October 24
    I'm guessing your 367 MEH is tanking too many of the colors Jugg can get AOE match damage with.
    No, lvl 284 Juggs tanks all except purple and yellow over lvl 367MEH. It should be the same for lvl 188 Juggs over lvl 275 MEH. And a lvl 188 5/2/2 Juggs does pitiful AoE damage.. certainly would take a long time to deal 46k+ to down Kitty.
  • OmegasedOmegased Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    edited October 24
    I hate posting Meta, or.. Meta adjacent teams, but we really need a tool to get Hammercap/hawkeye5 down a notch. the team i fought was hammercap/hawkeye5/JessicaJones,

I used Kitty/G4mora/Bishop. if you have a blue boost (or match blue first so cap doesn't jump forward), it'll be better. once they make a match that brings bishop to the front, you'll have enough blue to start stunning. Stun Cap, and the rest will be history. once you've stunned twice, you'll have enough speical tiles to start kittys yellow, whilst her purple will be slowly working thru Caps Countdowns.

I only needed a health pack for Bishop, and walked right thru them. I think it would be an absolute pain in the butt to fight as well.
  • theomentheomen Posts: 99 Match Maker

What's the tactic with Doom/Loki? I've not tried them together...
    theomen said:

I wrote this in the Carnage thread (weirdly), but will repost here:

Loki is a natural pair with Doom as a climbing team. They both have gigantic nukes and true heal. They also provide a puzzle aspect I like. Basically, Loki places his tiles on black. Obviously you want to match them to fuel Doom (and get more countdowns), but if the AI matches them you still get more CDs and siphon their black thanks to Doom’s passive. When Loki dies and drops his trap it can often land in a hard to reach place. Doom’s board shuffle has allowed me to revive Loki more than a few times. Not only that, his cascades into matches have multiplied Loki’s CD tiles as well.
    theomen said:

Loki is a natural pair with Doom as a climbing team. They both have gigantic nukes and true heal. They also provide a puzzle aspect I like. Basically, Loki places his tiles on black. Obviously you want to match them to fuel Doom (and get more countdowns), but if the AI matches them you still get more CDs and siphon their black thanks to Doom’s passive. When Loki dies and drops his trap it can often land in a hard to reach place. Doom’s board shuffle has allowed me to revive Loki more than a few times. Not only that, his cascades into matches have multiplied Loki’s CD tiles as well.
    Thanks, I'm trying it out and it's a good team for sure. What setup do you use for each character?

edited October 24
    theomen said:
    theomen said:

Thanks, I'm trying it out and it's a good team for sure. What setup do you use for each character?

I think the important thing is 5 in the big nukes (Doom black/ Loki purple). I tend to put 5 in Doom blue because true heal is better than burst. And 5 in green because I value offense over defense. 
    So out of boredom, I decided to do “a thing”. I decided to go wins-based in the Switch PVP. I had hit about 16 wins off seeds and weak retals. Then decided I was going to take all 24 of my 5* champs (I can’t believe I have that many now) and pair them up so I have twelve two-person teams. Every champ I have is getting used. And every team needs to win 5 matches (to get me over 75 wins). 

Doom/Loki (my chosen partners for one of my 12 teams) is just SLAYING in this PVP in particular because you can multi fire Loki’s nuke fueled by Switch. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed trying it out. 
  • dingodingo Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Just beat a Bishop, Peggy, De4dpool team, very easily I might add, with Miles, IWSM, and SM2099. Fun team! SM2099 really brings it all together.

Doom/Loki (my chosen partners for one of my 12 teams) is just SLAYING in this PVP in particular because you can multi fire Loki’s nuke fueled by Switch. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed trying it out. 
    I wasn't! I can't believe I hadn't thought of trying those two together before. I also like your idea of pairing up your 5* for more variety.
  • qandolsqandols Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Speaking of 5* Hawkeye, I just fought him, hammercap and DD in Blind Justice. What a horror show that was. Countdowns aplenty, AP gain and Gritty was stunned most of the time. Nearly failed on that one but won with Kitty at half health. Also wish I had more Hawkeye covers. 
    theomen said:

I wasn't! I can't believe I hadn't thought of trying those two together before. I also like your idea of pairing up your 5* for more variety.
    Nice! I had fun. These were my teams and results. The losses were usually because I was stingy with health packs and didn’t heal up before going in.
    1. Okoye / Thor 5-0
    2. Doctor Doom / Loki 5-0
    3. Kitty Pryde / Wolverine 5-0
    4. Green Goblin / Iceman 6-0
    5. Captain Marvel / Jessica Jones 5-0
    6. Archangel / Professor X 5-0
    7. Hela / Doctor Strange 5-0
    8. Black Panther / Thanos 5-1
    9. Daredevil / Kingpin 5-1
    10. Cable / Storm 5-0
    11. Captain America (IW) / Doctor Octopus 5-0
    12. Ghost Rider/ Spider-Man (BiB) 5-0
    I think I might actually do this again and switch up teams. As long as I wasn’t fighting Gritty (who is just bad due to Switch’s tile) or the broken 4s, I could win just fine). Since DD is essential he will have to sit on the bench. I’d sub in my almost champed Gambit instead. As far as “fun teams” go, they were all pretty fun if only for variety. Captain Marvel/Jessica surprised me as did GR/BSSM as tandems I’d never thought to try but were pretty effective.