Your latest fun team combination

Comments

• spidyjedi84
    spidyjedi84 Posts: 514 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2019
    OJSP said:
    OJSP said:
    Apparently lvl 270 4/4/5 Ronin, lvl 275 5/3/5 MEH and 188 5/2/2 Juggernaut beat Gritty Bishop.. I'm going to try that next season.
    Apparently I'm missing something here.. I've been trying lvl 367 3/5/5 MEH, lvl 284 4/5/4 Juggernaut and lvl 287 3/5/5 Ronin against Gritty teams and other 5* teams that are usually beatable with 4*s and I haven't won any matches yet, even with AP boosts. I fail to see the synergy.

Perhaps the levels make a difference there or the one who beat me repeatedly last season was using TUs or something weird was going on. Perhaps someone else would like to try this team against Gritty Bishop? (Warning: they might not work and you will waste health packs)
    I'm guessing your 367 MEH is tanking too many of the colors Jugg can get AOE match damage with. It works for the other team because Juggs is tanking in more colors for him, so when MEH shakes the board and makes a match, boom he's getting two AOE attacks a turn. Combined with the Red strike tiles produced by Ronin, I could see how a lower level player could benefit with that team. 

I'm running a 2/2/3 330 Kitty, 4/4/5 294 Rocket and 5/4/4 270 Juggs for my clears in PVE, and it's a real time saver if Juggs is in the middle position, and doesn't require the health pack usage a Thanos team requires. Most rounds are done in fewer than 10 matches of tiles. After the first turn, Juggs is tanking Red, Green, Blue and Black.
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    For Red Shift, I've been having fun with snazzy black hatted Wanda, Kitty, and G4mora.  The 4 turn countdowns make for easy and replenishable Circuit Breaker fodder...focus on blue for the cheap Gamora stuns (that also make special tiles), and black for more specials, and I've generally had dual 5* champ teams stunlocked/downed before I can even fire off Reality Crush.
  • Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 556 Critical Contributor
    edited October 2019
    I hate posting Meta, or.. Meta adjacent teams, but we really need a tool to get Hammercap/hawkeye5 down a notch. the team i fought was hammercap/hawkeye5/JessicaJones,

I used Kitty/G4mora/Bishop. if you have a blue boost (or match blue first so cap doesn't jump forward), it'll be better. once they make a match that brings bishop to the front, you'll have enough blue to start stunning. Stun Cap, and the rest will be history. once you've stunned twice, you'll have enough speical tiles to start kittys yellow, whilst her purple will be slowly working thru Caps Countdowns.

I only needed a health pack for Bishop, and walked right thru them. I think it would be an absolute pain in the butt to fight as well.
  • theomen
    theomen Posts: 99 Match Maker
    An alliance mate mentioned how it’s a shame Goblin and Iceman are in different stores since they pair so well together. Apparently I also missed this in his character thread. But man that is a crazy fun combo. I very often had Goblin fortify 3 blue CD tiles for a 6 turn stun and after matching had enough AP for Bobby to cast his blue two more times. It’s crazy crazy good with no active overlap! I love finding out combos that play way better than the sum of their parts and have such good synergy like Gambit/Storm, Doom/Loki, Iceman/Goblin because I’m so bored of Thorkoye that I try to only play them when I really have to (5* essential, quick push in PVP). 

As an aside, I think Daredevil is my most played second option on my roster. He has synergy and just works well with so many people. In pick-2, I have often paired him with: Doom, Cable, Iceman, Jessica, Thanos, Kingpin, Kitty, Black Suit, Okoye, Strange and Ock. Weirdly never tried Thor (though I’ve seen that combo a lot in PVP). 
    What's the tactic with Doom/Loki? I've not tried them together...
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    theomen said:
    An alliance mate mentioned how it’s a shame Goblin and Iceman are in different stores since they pair so well together. Apparently I also missed this in his character thread. But man that is a crazy fun combo. I very often had Goblin fortify 3 blue CD tiles for a 6 turn stun and after matching had enough AP for Bobby to cast his blue two more times. It’s crazy crazy good with no active overlap! I love finding out combos that play way better than the sum of their parts and have such good synergy like Gambit/Storm, Doom/Loki, Iceman/Goblin because I’m so bored of Thorkoye that I try to only play them when I really have to (5* essential, quick push in PVP). 

As an aside, I think Daredevil is my most played second option on my roster. He has synergy and just works well with so many people. In pick-2, I have often paired him with: Doom, Cable, Iceman, Jessica, Thanos, Kingpin, Kitty, Black Suit, Okoye, Strange and Ock. Weirdly never tried Thor (though I’ve seen that combo a lot in PVP). 
    I wrote this in the Carnage thread (weirdly), but will repost here:

Loki is a natural pair with Doom as a climbing team. They both have gigantic nukes and true heal. They also provide a puzzle aspect I like. Basically, Loki places his tiles on black. Obviously you want to match them to fuel Doom (and get more countdowns), but if the AI matches them you still get more CDs and siphon their black thanks to Doom’s passive. When Loki dies and drops his trap it can often land in a hard to reach place. Doom’s board shuffle has allowed me to revive Loki more than a few times. Not only that, his cascades into matches have multiplied Loki’s CD tiles as well.
  • theomen
    theomen said:

Loki is a natural pair with Doom as a climbing team. They both have gigantic nukes and true heal. They also provide a puzzle aspect I like. Basically, Loki places his tiles on black. Obviously you want to match them to fuel Doom (and get more countdowns), but if the AI matches them you still get more CDs and siphon their black thanks to Doom’s passive. When Loki dies and drops his trap it can often land in a hard to reach place. Doom’s board shuffle has allowed me to revive Loki more than a few times. Not only that, his cascades into matches have multiplied Loki’s CD tiles as well.
    Thanks, I'm trying it out and it's a good team for sure. What setup do you use for each character?

• Daredevil217
    edited October 2019
    theomen said:
    theomen said:

Thanks, I'm trying it out and it's a good team for sure. What setup do you use for each character?

I think the important thing is 5 in the big nukes (Doom black/ Loki purple). I tend to put 5 in Doom blue because true heal is better than burst. And 5 in green because I value offense over defense. 
  • Daredevil217
    So out of boredom, I decided to do “a thing”. I decided to go wins-based in the Switch PVP. I had hit about 16 wins off seeds and weak retals. Then decided I was going to take all 24 of my 5* champs (I can’t believe I have that many now) and pair them up so I have twelve two-person teams. Every champ I have is getting used. And every team needs to win 5 matches (to get me over 75 wins). 

Doom/Loki (my chosen partners for one of my 12 teams) is just SLAYING in this PVP in particular because you can multi fire Loki’s nuke fueled by Switch. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed trying it out. 
  • dingo
    dingo Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Just beat a Bishop, Peggy, De4dpool team, very easily I might add, with Miles, IWSM, and SM2099. Fun team! SM2099 really brings it all together.
  • theomen

Doom/Loki (my chosen partners for one of my 12 teams) is just SLAYING in this PVP in particular because you can multi fire Loki’s nuke fueled by Switch. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed trying it out. 
    I wasn't! I can't believe I hadn't thought of trying those two together before. I also like your idea of pairing up your 5* for more variety.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Speaking of 5* Hawkeye, I just fought him, hammercap and DD in Blind Justice. What a horror show that was. Countdowns aplenty, AP gain and Gritty was stunned most of the time. Nearly failed on that one but won with Kitty at half health. Also wish I had more Hawkeye covers. 
  • Daredevil217
    theomen said:

I wasn't! I can't believe I hadn't thought of trying those two together before. I also like your idea of pairing up your 5* for more variety.
    Nice! I had fun. These were my teams and results. The losses were usually because I was stingy with health packs and didn’t heal up before going in.
    1. Okoye / Thor 5-0
    2. Doctor Doom / Loki 5-0
    3. Kitty Pryde / Wolverine 5-0
    4. Green Goblin / Iceman 6-0
    5. Captain Marvel / Jessica Jones 5-0
    6. Archangel / Professor X 5-0
    7. Hela / Doctor Strange 5-0
    8. Black Panther / Thanos 5-1
    9. Daredevil / Kingpin 5-1
    10. Cable / Storm 5-0
    11. Captain America (IW) / Doctor Octopus 5-0
    12. Ghost Rider/ Spider-Man (BiB) 5-0
    I think I might actually do this again and switch up teams. As long as I wasn’t fighting Gritty (who is just bad due to Switch’s tile) or the broken 4s, I could win just fine). Since DD is essential he will have to sit on the bench. I’d sub in my almost champed Gambit instead. As far as “fun teams” go, they were all pretty fun if only for variety. Captain Marvel/Jessica surprised me as did GR/BSSM as tandems I’d never thought to try but were pretty effective. 
  • Daredevil217
    edited October 2019
    theomen said:

Nice! I had fun. These were my teams and results. The losses were usually because I was stingy with health packs and didn’t heal up before going in.
    1. Okoye / Thor 5-0
    2. Doctor Doom / Loki 5-0
    3. Kitty Pryde / Wolverine 5-0
    4. Green Goblin / Iceman 6-0
    5. Captain Marvel / Jessica Jones 5-0
    6. Archangel / Professor X 5-0
    7. Hela / Doctor Strange 5-0
    8. Black Panther / Thanos 5-1
    9. Daredevil / Kingpin 5-1
    10. Cable / Storm 5-0
    11. Captain America (IW) / Doctor Octopus 5-0
    12. Ghost Rider/ Spider-Man (BiB) 5-0
    I think I might actually do this again and switch up teams. As long as I wasn’t fighting Gritty (who is just bad due to Switch’s tile) or the broken 4s, I could win just fine). Since DD is essential he will have to sit on the bench. I’d sub in my almost champed Gambit instead. As far as “fun teams” go, they were all pretty fun if only for variety. Captain Marvel/Jessica surprised me as did GR/BSSM as tandems I’d never thought to try but were pretty effective. 
    I did it again (as mentioned, replaced Daredevil with Gambit). Made 12 all new teams (no repeats from last time) and found it much much harder. After 3 seeds, exactly six matches each got me to 75 wins. While there was natural synergy in every pair last time, this one was a bit of a slog with less synergy. I feel for people who transition with suboptimal characters. I also got attacked a TON. I’m sure people appreciated hitting the only non Thorkoye, Gritty, Bishop, Worthy team out there. Lol. 
    1. Hela / Kitty Pryde 6-0
    2. Storm / Gambit 6-0
    3. Jessica Jones / Kingpin 6-0
    4. Okoye / Iceman 6-0
    5. Thor /  Doctor Octopus 6-0
    6. Professor X / Cable 6-0
    7. Loki / Black Panther 6-0
    8. Captain America (IW) / Doctor Doom 6-0
    9. Green Goblin/ Captain Marvel 6-1
    10. Ghost Rider/ Dr. Strange 6-1
    11. Archangel / Wolverine 6-2
    12. Spider-Man (BiB) / Thanos 6-4

• ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm playing the current run of Venom Bomb in SCL 7, so I figured I'd take advantage of Squirrel Girl's featured boost to give some of my 3*'s time to play.   A boosted, level-maxed Squirrel Girl does ~5.2k damage plus ~1.2k per special tile off her purple, which for some of the tile-spamming symbiots/Dark Avengers is basically a one-shot ability in SCL7 for 9 AP.  Hawk-Guy is a natural second against tile-spammers to feed his own blue and SG's purple.  Dr Strange is the obvious (...and probably better) third, but I've been running Scarlet Witch instead to take advantage of her new costume for Halloween week.  

This leaves you with:
    Squirrel Girl (3/5/5)
    Hawk Guy (3/5/5)
    Scarlet Witch (5/3/5) (you could argue that 3/5/5 is better, but I like the 5-turn stun for emergencies and have a hard time justifying any green power except SG's for a silly/fun team) (...or Dr Strange 5/3/5 if you don't have the witch costume and/or just want to play a more effective team)

Make no mistake: this team will not give you good PVE placement, but it's been pretty fun and so far has been totally reliable for me with no health pack usage.
  • MaxPowers
    MaxPowers Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Mr. Fantastic
    Kraven
    Venom (Eddie Brock)

Venom creates enemy protect tiles

Kraven reduces them and damages target

Match enough of the protect tiles and prog one of your allies powers with Mr. Fantastic's passive abilitu
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    As a 5* player and rabid member of Team Cap, I'm having a lot of fun taking down 5* Champion trios with my C4rol, R4G, and my newest 4* Champion Worthy Cap.

Captain America is finally worthy!!!
    https://vimeo.com/364843838
  • vinnygecko
    vinnygecko Posts: 241 Tile Toppler
    In the 5* Essential node with Iceman, I paired him up with 5* Thor and 5* Strange... As Thor went into God mode, it got really fun spamming/destroying all of the countdown tiles... Had the goon stunned up to 8 turns at one point. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,572 Chairperson of the Boards
    The boost list made quite a fun team for Venom's PvP - Venom, 4* Panther and Ant-man. This team gives you lots of options because you can choose to use Panther's blue to make shields to match or have Ant-Man steal the ones your Venom is giving to the other side. Likewise you have 3 options on yellow - more special tiles from Panther, damage + special tiles from A-M or straight forward damage from Venom. Thereafter you have red and purple for more options and Panther will fortify your specials also. Was fun.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now that I have Jessica Jones at 12 covers (5/3/4), and Okoye at 11 (5/5/1), I've started running them with GE Doom (3/5/5) in simulator. Doom tanks yellow, black, and blue, JJ tanks red, but since you can earn AP on your strongest color by matching away the traps, you can keep Okoye firing that yellow and stay ahead of the passive TU drain. 2 characters have true heals, and you can alternate between Doom's yellow and Okoyes depending on what you want to happen. A good Damning Evidence cascade can really solve a lot of problems.