* Juggernaut (Classic) *

Options
12345679»

Comments

• PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    He's the only one-star I have left on my roster, and he rocks the first node of Dead Pool Daily. I had him at level 16 for a while, and lost once, so I bumped him up to level 30 and haven't lost to the node since then.

Hood/Juggernaut/Deadpool is a vicious combination for Balance of Power - I think it's earned me more defensive wins than any team in recent memory.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm still wondering when they're gonna officially rename this particular PVP "Balance of Juggernaut". icon_e_wink.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    I used juggs, OBW, and Cage. And it was absolutely no problem climbing. Like, at all. Period. Easiest 950 ever (I hate myself because I didn't give myself enough time to get higher). Of course this is always the easiest PVP but still, I've never had access to a decently coveted Cage before. I even attacked IF/IMHB/Cage teams with no fear.

It's rainbow coverage that cannot die. And it's even a pain on defense, apparently. I got almost half as many defensive wins as losses!
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    yes juggs is best only thing holding him back is being level 40

Best colors(missing black), incredibly high hp, easy damage, low ap requirements, a green that's never not useful.

I'd argue some pre-nerf characters MIGHT have been better, but Juggs is really just overwhelming:

You can trade HP for damage. Not that HP matters to the high level PVPer

****? What does hp for a single character have to do high level pvp players? All players are affected the same in this scenario. If a player was using a variety of characters, they would have an hp advantage. However, on your scenario, that is as equal footing as possible regardless of player level.

I'm guessing you miswrote something, but I can't figure out what you were trying to say.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    At level 1 he may have the fastest health regen but at level 40 he has the slowest in gamer.

I've seen 2 hours for like 1/4 his health before.

His green like any board disrupt is random. It could be amazing for you, or amazing for an opponent.

His red has a limited number of uses per match but hits hard.

He's useful in dpd and an occasional toss in in pve.

He's not over powered until boosted, which isn't super common.
  • Unknown
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:

Best colors(missing black), incredibly high hp, easy damage, low ap requirements, a green that's never not useful.

I'd argue some pre-nerf characters MIGHT have been better, but Juggs is really just overwhelming:

****? What does hp for a single character have to do high level pvp players? All players are affected the same in this scenario. If a player was using a variety of characters, they would have an hp advantage. However, on your scenario, that is as equal footing as possible regardless of player level.

I'm guessing you miswrote something, but I can't figure out what you were trying to say.
    Alot of people say "WELL JUGG LOSES HP SO YEAH" but at high level PVP if you had a hypothetical jugg it doesn't matter cuz you're shield hopping

~~~~~

Also, alot of people are neglecting the fact his abilities cost 6 AP. Whatever power you want to compare them to, go ahead, but you're not gonna get this cheap + powerful
    GurlBYE wrote:
    At level 1 he may have the fastest health regen but at level 40 he has the slowest in gamer.

His green like any board disrupt is random. It could be amazing for you, or amazing for an opponent.

why do i care about the board when, as a smart player, i'm using characters that don't care about the board since i'm fielding juggernaut. It's always amazing for me.

It doesn't have limited number of uses as I said above.
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    20three wrote:
    In an equal leveled event, or cheapest anyway. I don't understand why barely anyone is using him in this event, I mean nearly 7,000 damage for 6 AP, it's ridiculous. Also I wish they'd do the opposite in an equality tournament sometime by having everyone at level 40, it would certainly be less time consuming...

Do this and then I will definitely give Bop another look. The lengthy fights has kept me away from this. That and I don't need quicksilver.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I didn't find him as much of a pain this time around. In fact, he seemed to hardly ever use his headbutt.

I was running SW, Cyclops, Loki/IF (depending on opponent). Some lucky random stuns from SW stunning him for 5 turns was extremely helpful, then Cyclops unleashing his Red, then his Black could take him down to about 5K, then blast him with the next special.

I found myself choosing him as an opponent. I actually enjoyed this BOP much better than the last one... I think it's because I have a better covered roster this time, and I skipped the last BOP... so I'm comparing it to the BOP 2 seasons ago.

My biggest hit came from GSBW, she got a miracle cascade giving her 19 green, and I threw all my specials at her and got her down to 600 health points left... (SW random stun hit Thor instead of her) and I couldn't scrape together the match damage enough to take her down (best I could get was 400+), so the next turn she did her Sniper Rifle, severely injuring my entire team (they all survived)... and then i took her out next turn, and finished the rest of the guys. If I could have taken her out, I would have gone through that match with minimal health loss, instead it took 3 health packs to continue.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JVReal wrote:
    I didn't find him as much of a pain this time around. In fact, he seemed to hardly ever use his headbutt.

I found some interesting things like this as well.. i think the AI got tweaked. When i did receive a headbutt, it was ONLY ever when my strongest color char was in front, he would sit on the AP for a few rounds and wait.. It used to be, once he got AP, it fired off. Noticed this with a few others as well.

Once i figured this out, i could usually get out of getting headbutted at all. His green though, he casts immediately.

THEY ARE LEARNING!
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    raisinbman wrote:

Alot of people say "WELL JUGG LOSES HP SO YEAH" but at high level PVP if you had a hypothetical jugg it doesn't matter cuz you're shield hopping

~~~~~

Also, alot of people are neglecting the fact his abilities cost 6 AP. Whatever power you want to compare them to, go ahead, but you're not gonna get this cheap + powerful
    GurlBYE wrote:

why do i care about the board when, as a smart player, i'm using characters that don't care about the board since i'm fielding juggernaut. It's always amazing for me.

It doesn't have limited number of uses as I said above.

Oh, so you meant high level pvp. That makes more sense. I took PVPer to mean a pvp player, so I thought you meant high level pvp players.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Options
    Juggs doesn't feed himself, so I paired him with red feeders. Needless to say, I never had a single win or loss on D. When there's so many other easy targets out there, why fight someone who is sending IMHB and Juggs out together with level 270 KK? You just know that there's no good way that fight will end.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Let's trying dipping my toe in the rebuild character suggestion water.

His profile indicates that he is all about strength and durability. Colours, costs and x values are comparative to other similar characters and this is both a higher 3* / 4* and the also the 1* one day eventual reworking.

Here are some power options which are directed towards the higher variant but can be simplified down for the lower one:

Target Practice - Close enough is good enough for Juggernaunt.
    1 - Deals x damage.
    2 - Increases damage.
    3 - Also deals (0.5x) damage to 1 other random enemy.
    4 - Increases damage to secondary enemy.
    5 - Also deals (0.5x) damage to the remaining enemy and 1 random team member.

Comments - According to his profile, his current Headbutt shouldn't hurt him, so his new equivalent power doesn't. Similar in style to Thor and each level increases the impact and damage and the jump from 4 to 5 even better but with a drawback to counter it.

Self Sustenance - The virtually indestructible Juggernaut needs no break to stage his next attack and takes advantage of the battlefield to further his own personal desires. Each turn, up to x Team-Up tiles are destroyed and x health is restored to him (legit healing, not that true fake nonsense). Maybe passive.
    1-5 - Increases in number of TU tiles and health restored.

Comments - A cross between Torch's Green and R&G's Yellow.

Irresistible Force - Once he begins to advance in a certain direction, it is virtually impossible to halt his movement and he shakes the very foundation of the enemy's plans.

1 - Destroys a selected 3x3 block of tiles, deals x damage for each tile destroyed and reduces 1 AP from 3 random colours of the enemy team. Does not generate AP.
    2 - Increases damage.
    3 - 4x4 block of tiles, reduces 1 from 4 random colours of the enemy team.
    4 - Increases damage.
    5 - 5x5 block of tiles, reduces 1 from 5 random colours of the enemy team.

Comments - A cross between his current Green, Hood's Yellow and She-Hulk's Green.
  • I have to say I absolutely love Juggs.

With a Juggs, MBW & Hawkeye combo there's nothing to fear from tile attacking mooks or mooks+one active enemy, and their level matters little. Hawkeye's purple and red are cheap and excellent shields from them and Juggernaut's green makes sure one enemy tile gets through only once every blue moon.

Are there any better easily available combos than the one I gave above?
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Boonstone wrote:
    Are there any better easily available combos than the one I gave above?

Really, it's Juggs and whoever, or even nobody else. I have an unleveled 0/5 MBW who comes along for the ride, but basically I try to get 6 red to kill the playable character first, then work on the goons, prioritizing red and green matches (maybe black if the first two aren't available). I don't even care about the countdown tiles going off -- the damage in this node is easy to shrug off. Sometimes I even Headbutt my way through the whole node.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Believe it or not, I've got a question on Juggernaut.  When you use his green, it looks like the damage done by the tiles that are destroyed matches the damage that Juggernaut would do if he matched the tiles himself, rather than the person on your team that would normally trigger the damage from the tiles.  It's most obvious with a LVL 1 Juggernaut, and two LVL 50 one-stars.  Unstoppable Crash does very little damage.  Is this how it is supposed to work?
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think it's working as intended. Juggernaut is destroying the tiles so the damage is calculated off his tile damage. Any cascades generated by that, however, will include your team.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yeah, the same thing happens in a match 4. The other 4 tiles get destroyed by the character who made the match and deal damage according to his stats, not whoever would deal most damage in those colors.
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 691 Critical Contributor
    Options

When did 1* Juggs get the 3rd power?

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 950 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2023
    Options

@OzarkBoatswain said:
    When did 1* Juggs get the 3rd power?

When he became eligible for ascension in batch 3 two weeks ago. They've been adding a third power to the 1* characters who only had 2 powers when making them ascendable. In batch 2, Hawkeye and Black Widow got third powers, in batch 3 Juggernaut and Yelena got third powers.

Here's the post about ascension batch 3, there's no official comment about Juggernaut and Yelena getting third powers, but there may be some discussion of the powers in the thread:
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/89545/champions-2-0-batch-3-info/p1