* Juggernaut (Classic) *

Options

Comments

• simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Given that he was an autoskip for me in BOP, I'm not a fan of seeing him get even more powerful.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Juggs, Hulk = skip button.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Juggs does not need improvement. For he is Juggs.
  • So is he getting a third power? The post that announced Mystique and Rocket/Groot (which appears to have been pulled) listed a heretofore unannounced power - I think it was called "Too Many Toys" or something similar - for Juggernaut. Does that mean that they're opening up the 1*s all of the sudden? Or is it just some weird artifact?
  • I've found Juggernaut's single green power makes him great against goons. Put him on with Cap and OBW, and you've got a great countdown stopping team. I seriously doubt they'll give him a 3rd power, as he's only a single star, and he's meant to be target practice for the new player, while representing a minor threat to their teams.
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I was a big fan of jugg back when I started, his green and red were fantastic for me as a transitioning player (the dark ages of no 2* drops from PvP). sometimes I feel like his green is a 3* quality power just because i've seen it do some insane cascading pretty often for only 6 AP. kinda sad rag's green is basically the same effect for the same cost but is actually worse because it can only hit the 2 center columns, being able to hit anywhere on the board is super useful on U. Crash
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    So is he getting a third power? The post that announced Mystique and Rocket/Groot (which appears to have been pulled) listed a heretofore unannounced power - I think it was called "Too Many Toys" or something similar - for Juggernaut. Does that mean that they're opening up the 1*s all of the sudden? Or is it just some weird artifact?

It was Your Puny Toys.

it was in R63 too, i think its an artifact...
  • In most of marvel universe, juggernaut can hang with the best of them. The fact that he is a one star boggles my mind. Make jugger a 2 star or give him another pow. Maybe call it Juggs gotcha...have him put out a countdown tile and dish out damage every turn....the idea is that he grabs the player and pummels them until they are down or escapes...have that character stunned and cannot switch during this coutdown.

Another thing that could be done for all 1 stars is to lets us buy some sort of one time star increase. 1 can go to 2...and 2 can go to 3star...no moving to 4 star..unless you want that too. Characters can only ever move up once.
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I fought a 395 juggs. He is anything but weak
  • Any high level will be tuff....but can you get your juggs past level 94?
    I want the juggs that the user uses more powerful.
  • san
    san Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Then save your Juggs for Balance of Power events. Sure, they happen only once a month or so, but they are fun as heck with someone that does 6500 damage on 6 red and then heals to full health in less than 20 minutes.
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The extra twist for Jugg in of Balance of Power:
    A fully-covered, lvl1 is actually better than his lvl40 counterparts. He recovers from downed to full health much faster than his lvl40 brethren, because he has fewer health original points at lvl1 and health regeneration based on the character's original level (but then is scaled up to 270.)
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If they did give Juggs a 3rd power, it could kind of like Colossuss' yellow ability. He becomes invulnerable for a few turns or takes x% less damage.

On the other hand, I don't care to fight 395 Juggs as he is now. If was invulnerable or took only 50% damage he would be even worse. Just keep in mind, that if the characters we regularly fight in PvE got 3rd powers, they would be that much harder to defeat.

Of course, they could just drop the scaling down. I've heard it said that the scaling was raised to 395 to compensate for OP characters like pre nerf C Mags, Spidey, Rags. Even Sentry. But with them all being "fun balanceed", then isn't it time to drop the max level a bit?

TL:DR, be careful what you wish for. You might get. Then you are stuck fighting a 395 opponents with 3 powers instead of only 2.
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If juggernaut got a 3rd power like Colossus.. owwww.

If we are going to saddle Juggs with a 3rd power similar to colossus... lets go with something more like a berserker rage than a human shield - and let's flip the script and increase the damage he takes...
    Damn the Torpedoes: Juggernaut crashes forward, becoming the focus and drawing all attacks. Takes an additional 20% damage. (he can also deal 10% bonus damage.. tweaking those percentages or fiddling with the number on a countdown tile could be the benefit of extra covers.)

Don't let it only be a benefit to him and the team. he would become way to OP... when he gets buffed in PVE he has way too many hit points as it is; and he is already a superstar in Balance of Power PVP... imagine trying to stop him from getting 6 red when he is taking 50% damage...
  • Vinmarc43
    Options
    Please DEV, could you stop giving us boosted Juggernaut in pve's, It's getting old and very annoying, hate the guy at lvl 40, but at 100+, I refuse to play against him anymore unless he's on my team. icon_evil.gificon_mad.gif
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Vinmarc43 wrote:
    Please DEV, could you stop giving us boosted Juggernaut in pve's, It's getting old and very annoying, hate the guy at lvl 40, but at 100+, I refuse to play against him anymore unless he's on my team. icon_evil.gificon_mad.gif

If he's only level 100+ consider yourself lucky. Level 395 will 1 shot just about any of your 3*, hope you like 5 hour res timers.
  • I WANT TO GET OFF JUGGERNAUTS UNSTOPPABLE CRASH
    I WANT TO GET OFF JUGGERNAUTS UNSTOPPABLE CRASH

Q7xjy6F.jpg
  • With Daily Deadpool now a thing, does this mean Juggernaut is now officially a major player again? What other 1* works better for dealing with 2* and NPC?
  • hatesuite wrote:
    With Daily Deadpool now a thing, does this mean Juggernaut is now officially a major player again? What other 1* works better for dealing with 2* and NPC?
    If you want only one 1* for this fight there is absolutely no equivalent to the Juggernaut. Even without the Headbutt the fight is really easy. He has just too many health.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    sk8-45 wrote:
    hatesuite wrote:
    With Daily Deadpool now a thing, does this mean Juggernaut is now officially a major player again? What other 1* works better for dealing with 2* and NPC?
    If you want only one 1* for this fight there is absolutely no equivalent to the Juggernaut. Even without the Headbutt the fight is really easy. He has just too many health.

Yeah Juggernaut has always been the king of 1*s: his abilities are just way too cheap and efficient (as you can see from the scaled juggs pve we normally get). Seems like he might need a nerf of sorts....

Juggernaut's all you need for the DP daily node, but if juggs ever gets locked out, you might want an IM35 or Venom.