* Juggernaut (Classic) *

Comments

• Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah Juggernaut has always been the king of 1*s: his abilities are just way too cheap and efficient (as you can see from the scaled juggs pve we normally get). Seems like he might need a nerf of sorts....

Juggernaut's all you need for the DP daily node, but if juggs ever gets locked out, you might want an IM35 or Venom.

It's not like the scaling on that 1* only node seems to ever get very high. I've leveled my IM35 all the way up to 15 and he's been able to carry Storm & Hawkeye through every fight so far. Though this morning Magneto took him out, but my level 1 Storm & Hawkeye were more than enough to clean up those two Subjects & what little remained of Magneto's health.

So long as you dump a smidgen of Iso into a few of your lower level characters, there isn't anything too tough in the Deadpool challenge.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Given that the first node is goons plus a 2* character, it should be safe to keep only Juggernaut.
  • 20three
    20three Posts: 371
    In an equal leveled event, or cheapest anyway. I don't understand why barely anyone is using him in this event, I mean nearly 7,000 damage for 6 AP, it's ridiculous. Also I wish they'd do the opposite in an equality tournament sometime by having everyone at level 40, it would certainly be less time consuming...
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    In an event field, juggs is great. But there are now many characters than tilt the field one way or another via "jump in front" powers or ap tricks (like stealing, destruction, generation etc).

So juggs is less dominant than in the past, but still completely viable.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    20three wrote:
    In an equal leveled event, or cheapest anyway. I don't understand why barely anyone is using him in this event, I mean nearly 7,000 damage for 6 AP, it's ridiculous. Also I wish they'd do the opposite in an equality tournament sometime by having everyone at level 40, it would certainly be less time consuming...

DP does around 5k with his red for the same amount, and no self damage. Plus he has his purple which does 6kx3=18k AOE damage. He does have 7k less health, but Juggernaut loses that after 2 headbutts.
  • yes juggs is best only thing holding him back is being level 40

Best colors(missing black), incredibly high hp, easy damage, low ap requirements, a green that's never not useful.

I'd argue some pre-nerf characters MIGHT have been better, but Juggs is really just overwhelming:

You can trade HP for damage. Not that HP matters to the high level PVPer
  • I think Juggernaut is a must have in BoP defensively. He also works well with Cmags and Loki on offense in BoP. Problem is as said earlier his red is good but Cyclops's red isn't much more for no damage take back. DP and Cap red also rivals it. The other issue is green is the best colour power at level 270 as there are so many green users. Defensive jugs due to damage output for sure, offensive, sometimes.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    When people have multiple fully covered Jugs at lvl 1, it doesn't even matter if he loses health after about 10 mins he's back to full health.
  • When people have multiple fully covered Jugs at lvl 1, it doesn't even matter if he loses health after about 10 mins he's back to full health.
    it doesn't matter if he loses health ever, lets say you could use juggs in PVP, you'd definitely shield hop with him
  • 20three
    20three Posts: 371
    When people have multiple fully covered Jugs at lvl 1, it doesn't even matter if he loses health after about 10 mins he's back to full health.

Considering how easy that is to get compared to a cyclops and deadpool definitely pushes him in favor (in my book anyway...)
  • raisinbman wrote:
    a green that's never not useful.

I would argue that's not always the case. Especially depending on who you partner him with. I've had his green backfire horribly on me before I realized not to use him with anyone that places countdowns/special tiles, and even then, it sometimes just seems to set the other team up for cascade city.

I'd rather save the AP for Thor or Storm's green, personally. And that's just on my own roster.

I do think he's way out of balance with the other 1 stars, as it's obvious nearly everyone uses him for the DDQ 1star node, as he has the bonus HP, (which I still maintain should be a black passive for him) and the cheap spam abilities.
  • For me the issue is not whether or not he's useful in BoP, but is that one specific event worth filling a roster slot with a level 40 1* that I never use other than once between seasons? At 850 per roster slot and climbing, the answer for me has been "nope."
  • For me the issue is not whether or not he's useful in BoP, but is that one specific event worth filling a roster slot with a level 40 1* that I never use other than once between seasons? At 850 per roster slot and climbing, the answer for me has been "nope."
    he's useful in deadpool daily

So you don't use him for DDQ 1 star node? Who do you use instead? (I personally prefer Hawkeye for 1 star, but his being blocked every once in a while kept hosing me so I eventually switched to Jug)
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    To me he's not just one of the best BOP characters but also the best person to throw into the DDQ 1* fight, which means an extra 2500 ISO a day, every day. That's worth a roster spot to me.
  • I use 1* Iron Man, Storm, and Black Widow for DDQ. Just because those were the ones I hadn't sold yet when DDQ came out and I keep them there for that. I guess I could sell one of them and put Juggs there instead, but it just never seemed worth the trouble.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    I use 1* Iron Man, Storm, and Black Widow for DDQ. Just because those were the ones I hadn't sold yet when DDQ came out and I keep them there for that. I guess I could sell one of them and put Juggs there instead, but it just never seemed worth the trouble.

Juggs can run that node all by himself easily when fully covered at lvl 40. If you need roster spots you could sell all 3 and just roster Juggs.
  • MikeG72
    MikeG72 Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Juggernaut definitely carries me through Level 1 of DDQ solo each time. Worst I've ever finished was with like 1/3 health left.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,651 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have been running jugs kamala and spiderman for bop. Kamala heals for 1k with every 5 ap red green or blue spam power i have.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    My level 15 Juggs solos the fight daily. On occasion I get bad tile luck and he eats a single health pack.