* Juggernaut (Classic) *

Options

Comments

• Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    If Juggernaut is paired with Ragnarok, Thunderclap has priority over Headbutt.

I actually beat the entry fight with Juggernaut sitting on 8 or so red the whole time because Moonstone's Photon Blast has priority.

While possibly true for you, it is not 100% accurate...I've been hit with Juggernaut's Headbutt over Rag's Thunderclap multiple times.
  • Use magneto, get pink ASAP then use your blues to keep him (Or any other problem character) locked down indefinitely.
  • Be smart with your stuns too. if they have 6 red and you can only stun once, stun jugs and let rags waste the red. It's still gonna hurt but at least a lot less.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I only did this mission once with boosts +3AP Blue and Purple with +3AP Rainbow. Used Punisher/C.Storm/Mn.Mags - Match purple, use Mags purple skill to generate blue for Storm, stun Hood, make red and green matches, once his HP low enough use Punisher red to finish him off. Then it's just matching reds and greens, followed by any other colors just to deny Juggs.

Not an optimal solution, but one that works and one mission which I do not repeat ever. LOL.
  • allorin wrote:

But is this really any way to play a game?

It's not an especially exciting way, but it beats waiting for healthpacks to regen.
  • SolidQ
    SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
    Options
    try M.Storm/Thor/Obw it can be with boosts easy icon_e_wink.gif
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    everything is easish if you can heal for ~1200 per 9 blue...
  • And the 230 Juggernaut/Hood/Ragnarok fight brings an entirely new level of pain. Ouch.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Recent battle against Level 198 Juggernaut. I only have Psylocke left, and she's near death. Due to all the strike tiles on the board, a single tile match would kill her, or any use of a power. Juggernaut is left on the enemy team, at full health, but there are a lot of strike and attack tiles against him. So what happens?

JUGGERNAUT -- Tremble in fear! Behold as I scrounge in the gutters to get change for a hot dog!

Psylocke does the best she can to add more damage.

JUGGERNAUT -- Flee in terror! Nothing can stop me, except maybe this quarter on the sidewalk.

Psylocke adds on more damage.

JUGGERNAUT -- And now, watch as I eat the hot dog! Did you think I wouldn't? I fancy I'll get another! (does another environment match)

Psylocke puts up another attack tile, then more match damage.

JUGGERNAUT -- Hey! I felt that. I'm going to attack now.

Then Juggernaut headbutts himself to death, killing Psylocke. But a win for me.
  • noobprime
    noobprime Posts: 403
    Options
    noms before headbutts
  • Unknown
    Options
    He had the AP for a headbutt, but waited 3 turns before using it? I didn't think the AI worked like that....
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Options
    He had the AP for a headbutt, but waited 3 turns before using it? I didn't think the AI worked like that....

Sometimes they just save it all up. Especially Ares.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've never seen a lone enemy hold AP like that.
  • ToryTory
    ToryTory Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options
    scottee wrote:

Now, imagine if hotdogs scaled to Hero Levels.... NOM NOM NOM.
  • Unknown
    Options
    scottee wrote:

I have, many times. It is a mystery.
  • Unknown
    Options
    gamar wrote:
    scottee wrote:

With a lone enemy? I've wondered many times why an enemy wasn't triggering a certain skill, only to realise that another enemy on the team (sometimes a goon!) had a skill in the same colour that required more AP. I can honestly say though that I've never seen an enemy hold onto AP with no purpose towards doing so.
  • Unknown
    Options
    gamar wrote:
    scottee wrote:

With a lone enemy? I've wondered many times why an enemy wasn't triggering a certain skill, only to realise that another enemy on the team (sometimes a goon!) had a skill in the same colour that required more AP. I can honestly say though that I've never seen an enemy hold onto AP with no purpose towards doing so.

I have seen it a couple of times as well. It was equally puzzling and awesome. I won a battle against a Juggernaut once with my last character that was down to a single digit in health because the AI kept going for the environmental tiles while I fretted because he had enough health left for a headbutt and surviving. The ability only triggered when he was low enough in health that he killed himself along with my character. I couldn't believe it the first time it happened icon_lol.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    gamar wrote:
    scottee wrote:

When I didn't have blue covers in spidey and healed with OBW, I used the solo Juggernaut and then later solo Rags nodes to heal, and I've seen both of them sit on powers they have the AP to use for multiple turns. Juggernaut especially does it all the time, for some reason.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Options
    There are obviously two branches in the MPQ programming.

When KINDNESS is activated, only environment tiles will be matched.

When CRUELTY is activated, any match will reign down a cascade, triggering a free opponent turn, then another and another, until enough AP power has been generated that all opponent powers can be triggered in sequence.
  • Unknown
    Options
    There are obviously two branches in the MPQ programming.

When KINDNESS is activated, only environment tiles will be matched.

When CRUELTY is activated, any match will reign down a cascade, triggering a free opponent turn, then another and another, until enough AP power has been generated that all opponent powers can be triggered in sequence.

There must be a glitch in my KARMA value...