* Juggernaut (Classic) *

Comments

• OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not to poke at your suggestion or anything but do we actually have a skill in the game that modifies another ability?
  • The damage to yourself is really insignificant compared to the damage most moves do at level 270, not to mention it also prevents any future problems. When facing characters like OBW/The Hood/Magneto/Daken it's almost always easier to Headbutt first and ask questions later.
  • squirrel1120
    squirrel1120 Posts: 492
    I was nervous the first time I entered a match with juggs tonight. The prologue missions put a nervous tic in me about him. Have to say it considerably lessened after the 4th or 5th team. Lots of hp sure, but deny & steal red and the 21k hp don't last long.

Loving this tournament despite my lack of a juggy.
  • Feyda
    Feyda Posts: 105
    Not to poke at your suggestion or anything but do we actually have a skill in the game that modifies another ability?

Not per se, but there are abilities that are modified by AP levels or existing tiles. For example, Fury's Yellow move and Psylock's red being cheaper per red tile being down so I don't think it would be particularly difficult to program in.
  • Talk about seriously overpowered.
  • Joker117
    Joker117 Posts: 124
    rooter wrote:
    Damnit, I sold my Juggernaut months ago!

^this , sadly lol

Also this event feels like a good try but also a money grab ...

They basically just made everything = 3 stars and made 4 even more of a waste..

Should of been each level gets a different boost or something ..
  • In what way is it a money grab? What is anyone being "forced" to buy because they sold their 1 stars? It's just something that everyone can take part in while waiting for s4 to start.
  • Feyda wrote:
    I know that Juggernaut will never be WIDELY used given his 1* status

The problem with this is, as you said, players will get almost no benefit from a Juggernaut buff because he is a 1*. But I know someone who will: the AI, when you fight Juggernaut in PVE. Yeah, no thanks icon_rolleyes.gif
  • People who don't have him, don't worry. He dies too quickly. I have him maxed and I've used him in this tourney. He also is not a hindrance on enemy teams for me.
  • M8L3bGz.jpg

Fabio is not impressed icon_lol.gif
  • Cragger
    Cragger Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    I really don't want to see that Juggernaut in the Simulator. More like Suicidulator.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Feyda wrote:

Not per se, but there are abilities that are modified by AP levels or existing tiles. For example, Fury's Yellow move and Psylock's red being cheaper per red tile being down so I don't think it would be particularly difficult to program in.
    So the answer is no. Fury's Yellow modifies itself and Psylocks red is modified by Strike tiles. I should have stated specifically was if there is an ability on a character that directly affected another power that they had. One like the ability suggested here would do.
  • I'd rather have a skill like 'chance to do an extra Headbutt on your regular Headbutt that does no damage to yourself' if we just want something crazy.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like the idea of a passive momentum for him, but I think it should work like this

Passive - If user has at least 8 Black AP, 25% of Juggernaut's headbutt damage continues to the next opponent.
    Level 2 - Reduce to 7 AP
    Level 3 - 50% of remaining damage
    Level 4 - Reduce to 6 AP
    Level 5 - 100% of remaining damage

So at level 5 - if you headbutt for 1100 to kill someone with 500 health left, that remaining 600 damages the next opponent in line.

An alternative with similar effect is to turn headbutt into an AOE attack after a certain AP threshold.

Another alternative is auto-repeat cast.

Passive - Drain all black AP. For every 10 AP drained, Juggernaut's headbutt continues with 25% self damage.
    Level 2 - Reduce to 9 AP
    Level 3 - Reduce to 10%
    Level 4 - Reduce to 8 AP
    Level 5 - Reduce to 0%.

So at level 5, if you cast headbutt with 6 red and 8 black, it does 2200 damage and 550 self damage, instead of 1100/550.
  • Juggernaut
    Nobody can stop me!
    Jugs runs straight into an opponent and keeps going knocking the target opponent out of combat and continues off into the sunset himself, battle continues as a 2v2.
  • If someone got a whole bunch of black covers but no red covers the power would be useless.
  • hC3ED28F2

Juggernaut = pound-for-pound strongest character in the game icon_lol.gif
  • Cragger
    Cragger Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    daibar wrote:
    If someone got a whole bunch of black covers but no red covers the power would be useless.

ding!

We're all assuming that players have a full-on Juggs as is and that an additional cover would be an afterthought. I've been playing this game for a long time and never have I recruited a Juggernaut. Lots of people start playing every week and a 1 black Juggs does nothing.
  • Feyda
    Feyda Posts: 105
    Cragger wrote:
    daibar wrote:
    If someone got a whole bunch of black covers but no red covers the power would be useless.

ding!

We're all assuming that players have a full-on Juggs as is and that an additional cover would be an afterthought. I've been playing this game for a long time and never have I recruited a Juggernaut. Lots of people start playing every week and a 1 black Juggs does nothing.

Considering how common Jugg cards are and how easily you can obtain him from prologue thats not really much of a problem.
  • unfortunately the era is over, after 2.5 days. Back to normal and reality now..... =(