Champions 2.0 - Batch #3 Info

Options
S0kun
S0kun ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker

Hi Everyone!

As you've seen in the What's New MPQ December 2023 thread, the 3rd batch of Champs 2.0 is just around the corner on December 11th so below, please find a list of the next 57 characters that will be able to ascend into 5 Star land.

Check out the links below for all of the info on past Champions 2.0 posts.

New Feature - Champions 2.0 (Live with R287)

Champions 2.0 Post-launch FAQ and Discussion

Champions Feeder Level Rewards Sheet:
https://us.v-cdn.net/6029755/uploads/editor/8y/a4hfgsnjfzjy.xlsx

Comments

• tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    Options

Polaris and Rocket and Groot are the only 4s I have covered duplicates for. Polaris has 40 saved covers and R&G 35. I wonder how good they'll be ascended to 5*s or if there's any good reason not to. Especially with how strange the scaling has seemed to be for certain characters

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 983 Critical Contributor
    Options

I was hoping that 4* Juggernaut, 4* Rocket and Groot and 3* Star-Lord would be in the same ascension batch. On the one hand, it'll eliminate my Deadpool Daily 4* team. On the other hand, I can't wait to see how hard they hit.

• Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 553 Critical Contributor
    Options

Sees Polaris listed

• fnedude
    fnedude Posts: 379 Mover and Shaker
    Options

So 2Ares and 2HT the last hold-outs for the low-level land huh?

They must have pee'd in someone's cheerios or something to be such red-headed stepchilds. :D

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 573 Critical Contributor
    Options

Venom1 star is MIA also.

Worried about a 5star juggs doing all the damage.

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,499 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Omegased said:
    Venom1 star is MIA also.

Worried about a 5star juggs doing all the damage.

It **is **annoying that we still won't have full access to everyone in Standard tokens. Guess I'll still hoard, at least after I pull all the Juggs covers I need.

Covering Yelena is going to be tough, too, since she's only an award from PVP...

• meadowsweet
    meadowsweet Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options

Does anyone have a list of who's still excluded? Would the size of that list seem to indicate there's one more batch or two still pending?

• liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options

What about BAGMAN

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,556 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@liminal_lad said:
    What about BAGMAN

I told you, you'll get your money at the end of the month.

• Glockoma
    edited December 2023
    Options

@meadowsweet said:
    Does anyone have a list of who's still excluded? Would the size of that list seem to indicate there's one more batch or two still pending?

Bro, where’s all my webslingers at?! 😎🤙🏻

Edit: Must be Post Traumatic Chasm Syndrome

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,023 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2023
    Options

While everyone else is looking at Polaris and R&G with their tissues ready, I’ll be looking forward to…..

Beast AoA (a low-key good AP generator and I can see myself making good use of his black if the match damage and bonus work similarly as it is now)
    Domino (a black generator. Looking forward to the numbers)
    Ghost (looking VERY FORWARD to seeing how her match damage boosters roll)
    Juggernaut (let’s see those numbers!)
    Kate pryde (please remove the damage limiter. fingers crossed)
    Magik (looking forward to the numbers)
    Wolfsbane (looking forward to the numbers. She’s got a sneaky good kit)
    X-23 (please adjust her kit. fingers crossed)

• DTrain514
    DTrain514 Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options

I think there's just one batch left. But would be nice to see who's left

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,163 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2023
    Options

Who are the good Pink generators in 5* land? Nightcrawler with Chimichanga or Sharon will be a very fun winfinite. Plus he's immune to iHulk's and Omega's AoE.

Creepy Iceman might be superior to Adult Iceman, just like how Modern 1* Storm is superior to Ororo Munroe Storm.

Also, the Countdown meta is finally in 5* land with Carol Danvers and Starlord. Hawkeye and Coulson are rubbing their hands with glee.

• Glockoma
    Options

Doop is my sleeper pick this batch

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@Tiger_Wong said:
    While everyone else is looking at Polaris and R&G with their tissues ready, I’ll be looking forward to…..

Beast AoA (a low-key good AP generator and I can see myself making good use of his black if the match damage and bonus work similarly as it is now)

You have that many 4s max level and with another champ ready to go?! I have maybe 5 4s at ~320 and that's it lol.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,959 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Now that Teen Jeen is ascending, I wonder if the Dev's will troll us with Teen Jean being boosted every time Shang is :D

3 star Magik will probably be popular once someone can ascend her for the passive crit creation.

Also curious how Jubilee's Yellow passive scales.

KGB

• Tiger_Wong
    Options

@Seph1roth5 said:

@Tiger_Wong said:

You have that many 4s max level and with another champ ready to go?! I have maybe 5 4s at ~320 and that's it lol.

Of the ones I listed, I don’t have Kate but I’m not too far from getting her to 370. And once that happens, it usually takes me a couple weeks to a month to get impatient and throw a bunch of CP at her to champ the dupe.

Of the Soon To Be Ascendable 4* characters, the ones I haven’t got a dupe for are

Bishop (lvl 364)
    Cosmo
    Doop
    Kate Prtde (lvl 338)
    Mantis
    Negasonic (lvl 364)
    Thanos (lvl 370)

I’m gonna wait until I hear about the numbers of bishop, Kate, Negasonic, and Thanos before I go after their dupes. It shouldn’t be too difficult since I’m gonna get a bunch of stuff from the other 4s (and 3s) I’ll ascend.

• meadowsweet
    meadowsweet Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Tiger_Wong said:
    get impatient and throw a bunch of CP at her to champ the dupe.

You're trying to champ and ascend every character, but you're also buying 4★ covers for 120 CP each?

• Tiger_Wong
    Options

Yes and no. I’ll do a bunch of pulls through LL and probably get a bunch of bonus shards to help. Bonus shards help a bunch and they usually pop up a bunch.

For example….. the last character I ascended was Legion. He was at lvl 369. I sharded him and ran through about…. 7 or so LL pulls to max champ him. After that, I kept pulling and every LL pull gets you 15 shards. Bonus shards are usually 100 or 200 or 500 shards. Those pop up so frequently now that around….. I think pull #30, my new Legion was at 2/2/2 with 90 shards left over. From there, it’s just a question of “do I keep pulling or be patient?” With 940 CP from champing, I decided to just chill for awhile. Usually I’ll get impatient around 3/3/3 cuz that’s only 480 CP.

I anticipate getting a tremendous chunk of CP and LLs this batch. So I figure, “what else am I gonna use it for?”