Champions 2.0 - Batch #3 Info

Comments

• GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,569 Chairperson of the Boards

@Tiger_Wong said:
    Ascended Starlord got a nerf. His red costs 8 AP now. Used to cost 6.

Also his purple feels really weak after ascension. Feels like a nerf.

I just pulled up my Star Lord, he's 368 (so not-ascended.) I sold my max-champ months ago, unfortunately.

His Red costs 8. It may have cost 6 once (I don't recall, they did change him at one point,) but right now it definitely costs 8, and I'm pretty sure that hasn't changed since that update long ago.

Damage at 368 is 5560 plus 2343 per CD, btw. Damage for purple is 587 to team +1173 to target at 3, 1100 to team, +2052 to target at 5.

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,155 Chairperson of the Boards

1 Star Juggernaut, when Ascended at LVL 94:
    Headbutt, LVL 3 - 8 AP, deals 2720 damage to enemy, and 1715 damage to himself
    Headbutt, LVL 4 - 7 AP, deals 2891 damage to enemy, and 1715 damage to himself
    Headbutt, LVL 5 - 6 AP, deals 3308 damage to enemy, and 3430 damage to himself

Why does his self-inflicted damage double from LVL 4 to 5? Is this intentional?

• rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,377 Chairperson of the Boards

Ascended Yelena's powers now reasonably costed.

Payback mission is now 6 AP for 2 criticals , not bad
    Lethal Recon now fixed cost of 12AP regardless of covers

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,167 Chairperson of the Boards

@rainkingucd said:

Wow. I wonder if that payback mission can be sent as a team up.

KGB

• Altair22
    Altair22 Posts: 120 Tile Toppler

Im waiting for them to sell juggie and yelena 5s

• tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 555 Critical Contributor

Anyone notice anything strange ascending Polaris or R&G ?

Curious if either character has a change in ability costs or any tweaks for what each power does like we've seen with other characters.

• sambrookjm

@GrimSkald said:

@Tiger_Wong said:
    Ascended Starlord got a nerf. His red costs 8 AP now. Used to cost 6.

Also his purple feels really weak after ascension. Feels like a nerf.

I just pulled up my Star Lord, he's 368 (so not-ascended.) I sold my max-champ months ago, unfortunately.

His Red costs 8. It may have cost 6 once (I don't recall, they did change him at one point,) but right now it definitely costs 8, and I'm pretty sure that hasn't changed since that update long ago.

Damage at 368 is 5560 plus 2343 per CD, btw. Damage for purple is 587 to team +1173 to target at 3, 1100 to team, +2052 to target at 5.

Star Lord's Red costs 8 as a base cost. If he's got a countdown out from his yellow, the cost drops to 6. Maybe that's what you're thinking of?

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor

@rainkingucd said:

6AP for 2 criticals that replace enemy special tiles is good.

• sambrookjm

@MoosePrime said:

@rainkingucd said:

6AP for 2 criticals that replace enemy special tiles is good.

Agreed...that's a fine improvement to her character. Any chance they can remove her from Limited?

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,049 Chairperson of the Boards

That Ghost match damage is insane. Just…. Insane. It’s like having Ascended Karnak after turn 4 but ALL THE TIME.

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 798 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2023

Well day 1 and I already hate the vast majority of you
    Batch 3 is an overwhelming success

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,379 Chairperson of the Boards

@tonypq said:
    Anyone notice anything strange ascending Polaris or R&G ?

Curious if either character has a change in ability costs or any tweaks for what each power does like we've seen with other characters.

Rocket’s numbers seem worth it to me.

Lvl 452

Blue 3 covers: 12ap blue repeater (unspecified timer in description) that does 4340 damage and creates a str 1172 black attack
    5 covers: 7146 damage/1584 attack

Yellow: 7 strikes, 1083/1660

Green: 10ap, 3 turn cd, auto move, 28,004 AOE, or if matched 23,678 and 7,774 self damage

• Tiger_Wong

I was looking at the powers before I ascended so it looked like starlord’s red cost 6 AP before.

Also….. I think Cloak&Dagger’s powers used to make 4 tiles (yellow or black) at max level but only make 3 now.

• MoosePrime

@Tiger_Wong said:
    I was looking at the powers before I ascended so it looked like starlord’s red cost 6 AP before.

Also….. I think Cloak&Dagger’s powers used to make 4 tiles (yellow or black) at max level but only make 3 now.

Base 4* Starlord's Red costs 8AP
    Base Cloak & Dagger only makes 3 tiles.

• Tiger_Wong

Well one things for sure…… the characters with match damage boosts can all do WORK.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,607 Chairperson of the Boards

@Tiger_Wong said:
    Well one things for sure…… the characters with match damage boosts can all do WORK.

Ghost, Talos, Juggernaut, Ikaris, America Chavez. Am I missing anybody else? Ghost's is the craziest, I think -- 300%. They're all sorta nuts though.

All of them kind of put Colossus to shame. Some of the "good" natural 5* are going to become sorta obsolete as a result of 4* ascension.

• Tiger_Wong

@entrailbucket said:

@Tiger_Wong said:

Ghost, Talos, Juggernaut, Ikaris, America Chavez. Am I missing anybody else? Ghost's is the craziest, I think -- 300%. They're all sorta nuts though.

All of them kind of put Colossus to shame. Some of the "good" natural 5* are going to become sorta obsolete as a result of 4* ascension.

4* Emma also gets a great match damage boost in Diamond Form. 325% increase. Along with fortifying 6 tiles and her purple that turns powers off and she’s got a great ascended kit.

Off topic, what’s up with Drax’s purple? I fire it with CDs on the field and still get no increase in the strike it makes.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,607 Chairperson of the Boards

@Tiger_Wong said:

@entrailbucket said:

@Tiger_Wong said:

4* Emma also gets a great match damage boost in Diamond Form. 325% increase. Along with fortifying 6 tiles and her purple that turns powers off and she’s got a great ascended kit.

Off topic, what’s up with Drax’s purple? I fire it with CDs on the field and still get no increase in the strike it makes.

I completely forgot about 4* Emma, thanks!

Drax is probably bugged. I found lots of little bugs like this with certain characters. You can report it in the bugs forum or put in a ticket.

• MoosePrime

@entrailbucket said:

@Tiger_Wong said:

3* Thanos gets +260% with his purple countdown.