Champions 2.0 - Batch #3 Info

Comments

• trewiltrewil
    trewiltrewil Posts: 71 Match Maker

@meadowsweet said:
    Does anyone have a list of who's still excluded? Would the size of that list seem to indicate there's one more batch or two still pending?

They said three more, including this one not long ago somewhere around here.

• Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards

@GrimSkald said:

@Omegased said:
    Venom1 star is MIA also.

Worried about a 5star juggs doing all the damage.

It **is **annoying that we still won't have full access to everyone in Standard tokens. Guess I'll still hoard, at least after I pull all the Juggs covers I need.

Covering Yelena is going to be tough, too, since she's only an award from PVP...

I wish they would bin off this idea of limited characters, it is just so out of date these days, even moreso since the introduction of ascended characters.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,712 Chairperson of the Boards

@trewiltrewil said:

@meadowsweet said:
    Does anyone have a list of who's still excluded? Would the size of that list seem to indicate there's one more batch or two still pending?

I think there’s just one more batch currently planned. I don’t know what happens with new characters (ascended immediately? Later?). But this batch has 15 3s or about 1/4 of the tier, and 37 4s, between 1/5 and 1/4 of the tier. Suggesting one more big batch to come.

In terms of Yelena, IceIX on the Discord suggested she might enter tokens and not remain limited.

• ThisisClemFandango
    ThisisClemFandango Posts: 798 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2023

@Borstock said:

@liminal_lad said:
    What about BAGMAN

I told you, you'll get your money at the end of the month.

So have my money by the end of the week and there won't be problem.
    What?
    Oh nothing, end of the week then, sweet, sweet.
    Don't forget aaahhhhh you're not gonna forget.

• liminal_lad
    liminal_lad Posts: 471 Mover and Shaker

What are Yelena and Juggs’ third powers going to be?

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,017 Chairperson of the Boards

@liminal_lad said:

I wonder if Juggernaut will get a passive damage booster or match damage resistance to match his 4* incarnation.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,379 Chairperson of the Boards

I have a ton out of this batch, and they are ones I’m hyper excited to see. Nightcrawler and Professor X, Gamora, as well as Carol. Lockjaw may be the surprise hit of this batch with Polaris and Gamora. Negasonic, Thanos… man I’m hype for this group. Going to be some really interesting new 5* tools here.

• MegaBee
    MegaBee Posts: 1,017 Chairperson of the Boards

@DAZ0273 said:

@liminal_lad said:

I hope Jugg's third power is taking a break from repeatedly headbutting me when I have to fight him.

Yelena barely has a first or second power, so I hope she gets something nifty.

Juggs is one of the spammiest enemies in the game!

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,379 Chairperson of the Boards

Yelena’s crit production is pretty interesting actually. Curious what else she might do on a third power.

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor

@bluewolf said:

@trewiltrewil said:

@meadowsweet said:

I think there’s just one more batch currently planned. I don’t know what happens with new characters (ascended immediately? Later?).

New characters are supposed to be Ascendable immediately. I think it was when Dr. Bong was released, they said all future characters were intended to be Ascendable at launch.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,072 Chairperson of the Boards

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Yelena’s crit production is pretty interesting actually. Curious what else she might do on a third power.

Hmm...not at those AP costs though (unless I am thinking of somebody else, I thought she was super expensive).

• DAZ0273

@MegaBee said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@liminal_lad said:

I hope Jugg's third power is taking a break from repeatedly headbutting me when I have to fight him.

Yeah, Jugg's dude we get it, you like to ram things, pick a second thing to do instead!

• bluewolf

@DAZ0273 said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

Hmm...not at those AP costs though (unless I am thinking of somebody else, I thought she was super expensive).

Currently the cost is 13 black….

But hey, it’s a bargain compared to 19 purple for the other existing power.

Yelena is like the Puzzle Gauntlet in a character.

• DAZ0273

Does this also mean they are gonna un-limit her availability? No idea outside of buying one how you get her ascended in good time otherwise. Maybe that could be her third power - going into Standards. Again assuming all this hasn't happened and I didn't notice (entirely possible)

• bluewolf

@DAZ0273 said:
    Does this also mean they are gonna un-limit her availability? No idea outside of buying one how you get her ascended in good time otherwise. Maybe that could be her third power - going into Standards. Again assuming all this hasn't happened and I didn't notice (entirely possible)

She is not in Standards currently. Maybe she will be added?

Ingame you can always see who is pullable from a token (assuming you have one, or its purchasable) by clicking the little “i”.

• DAZ0273

@bluewolf said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

Currently the cost is 13 black….

But hey, it’s a bargain compared to 19 purple for the other existing power.

Yelena is like the Puzzle Gauntlet in a character.

19 purple! She should be a Milestone quest! :D:D:D It has been so long since I even had her rostered I don't even know what that power does for that!

• DAZ0273

@bluewolf said:

@DAZ0273 said:

She is not in Standards currently. Maybe she will be added?

Ingame you can always see who is pullable from a token (assuming you have one, or its purchasable) by clicking the little “i”.

That's what I thought but I also figured I might have just been drunk and completely not noticed. Crikey Yelena - what did you do to deserve this?

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,210 Chairperson of the Boards

@DAZ0273 said:

@MegaBee said:

@DAZ0273 said:

@liminal_lad said:

Yeah, Jugg's dude we get it, you like to ram things, pick a second thing to do instead!

New power "I'm the Juggernaut!"

For 3 blue ap Juggernaut punches his opponent to death.