Champions 2.0 - Batch #3 Info

Comments

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,379 Chairperson of the Boards

Anybody do Negasonic yet? I’m dying to run her with Thor or shang

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 885 Critical Contributor

Has anybody pulled an ascended character from any of the 2.0 vaults? Haven't pulled one myself, thought it would've happened by now through sheer luck but nada. Hopefully y'all are having better luck than I.

• qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards

A small drawback with R&G is that he will now tank more colors for Juggernaut in the "make a move, kill all" teams.

• qandols

That will fix it, but will take som time.

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,184 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2023

Was looking at the ascended 3* Yelena in the vault.

3* Yelena's Purple costs 12 AP compared to 1* Yelena's costing 19 AP, but the former steals 2 AP of every colour. The latter steals 4 AP of every colour. Not sure if this is a reasonable tradeoff; it's still inferior to 3* OBW's Purple.

3* Yelena's Black costs 6AP and deals 658 damage at lv166. 1* Yelena's Black costs 13 AP and deals 358 damage at lv40. Being able to create 2 Crit tiles for just 6AP is huge, albeit it only converts enemy special tiles. Still inferior to ascended 1* Spidey's Purple, but very serviceable now.

Now if only they could un-limit Yelena and add her to the boosted rotation...

• obikenobi12
    obikenobi12 Posts: 39 Just Dropped In

@entrailbucket said:

@Tiger_Wong said:
    Well one things for sure…… the characters with match damage boosts can all do WORK.

Ghost, Talos, Juggernaut, Ikaris, America Chavez. Am I missing anybody else? Ghost's is the craziest, I think -- 300%. They're all sorta nuts though.

All of them kind of put Colossus to shame. Some of the "good" natural 5* are going to become sorta obsolete as a result of 4* ascension.

M'baku also has amazing match damage

• ThaRoadWarrior

Nightcrawler can still be used on the DDQ 4* node after ascension.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,167 Chairperson of the Boards

@qandols said:
    That will fix it, but will take som time.

If you are doing PvE, you can equip a support to help Juggs tank more colors depending on which ones Grocket now tanks over him. Pocket Radio is a good one for that since it increases damage on 3 different colors by a few hundred points.

KGB

• ThaRoadWarrior

I don’t have anything that will help juggernaut tank yellow over Rocket, otherwise he tanks everything. Rocket has a yellow of 905, and with a 3* elemental guns I can only get juggernaut up to 194.

• dianetics
    dianetics Posts: 1,586 Chairperson of the Boards

@entrailbucket said:
    Ghost, Talos, Juggernaut, Ikaris, America Chavez. Am I missing anybody else? Ghost's is the craziest, I think -- 300%. They're all sorta nuts though.

All of them kind of put Colossus to shame. Some of the "good" natural 5* are going to become sorta obsolete as a result of 4* ascension.

Be4st and Blob.

• qandols
    edited December 2023

If I use 3* Gamora instead of a 4*, Juggs will tank one more color.

• ThaRoadWarrior

yeah, any 3* guardian (star lord i guess is the other option) should give you that. Really yellow is the only problematic cover for him to cover over Rocket unless you have an un-ascended rocket and an ascended Juggernaut.

• Altair22
    Altair22 Posts: 120 Tile Toppler

used the Ascended 450 lvl juggs and 454 lvl Rogue in the current lightnig rounds they both work very well. also I boost them with 50 percent extra damage on all colors. deadly. duo.

• WilliamK1983
    WilliamK1983 Posts: 885 Critical Contributor

@GrimSkald said:

@Omegased said:
    Venom1 star is MIA also.

Worried about a 5star juggs doing all the damage.

It **is **annoying that we still won't have full access to everyone in Standard tokens. Guess I'll still hoard, at least after I pull all the Juggs covers I need.

Covering Yelena is going to be tough, too, since she's only an award from PVP...

Any word if Yelena is gonna shed that Limited banner and become available in token pulls?

• Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    I don’t have anything that will help juggernaut tank yellow over Rocket, otherwise he tanks everything. Rocket has a yellow of 905, and with a 3* elemental guns I can only get juggernaut up to 194.

You Have a Thanos, though? 3* or 5* will now work, when Rocket's strikes can allow 30k or better matches. :)
    For waves with lots of enemies leaving attack tiles, Thanos team was already better than the Juggs based one.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    edited December 2023

I do, i still haven't adjusted to the new numbers involved with those two ascended for options like that lol. I've put Hela in that third slot, and I've put Nico in there also. My polaris is at 368, so I'll be able to ascend her here before too long to give that a shot also. That stuff is overkill on easy nodes, but now as 5* characters they're super fast going into hard nodes too.

• Glockoma
    Glockoma Posts: 555 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2023

Yeah, I just stuck with my previous saved team: recently all ascended juggs, R&G, and Gamora for the Balancing Act sub-event where all are boosted…. I’ve never cleared anything so fast in the game. Even the challenge node was extremely laughable. Same team throughout.

• BriMan2222
    BriMan2222 Posts: 1,210 Chairperson of the Boards

@Glockoma said:
    Yeah, I just stuck with my previous saved team: recently all ascended juggs, R&G, and Gamora for the Balancing Act sub-event where all are boosted…. I’ve never cleared anything so fast in the game. Even the challenge node was extremely laughable. Same team throughout.

You weren't kidding, I tried them out. Most matches ended in one move

• Jinx
    Jinx Posts: 281 Mover and Shaker

What about Magik5*, Grocket, and Wong. She’d give an extra hit on every match she tanks. Wong would boost the strikes and her damage.