Champions 2.0 Post-launch FAQ and Discussion

Options
MPQBlaine
MPQBlaine ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
edited September 2023 in MPQ General Discussion

CHAMPIONS 2.0 IS HERE!

Get in there and have fun with the new feature. Let's gather your feedback here and check out your ascended heroes!

LINKS:
Champions 2.0 Blog
Champions 2.0 FAQ

Note on this update: Due to the fact that this version will add new features that aren't backward compatible, you should update ASAP. As well, make sure that you update all devices if you're playing on multiple devices. While trying to play with one device on R286 and one on R287 in testing didn't break any saves, it still wasn't a great experience. We'll be making R287 Required for all users as soon as we confirm functionality on Live.

Comments

• gamecat235
    gamecat235 Posts: 104 Tile Toppler
    Options

The ready for upgrade filter seems to have a bug, my ascended 2Storm3 does not have any covers ready to add but she still shows up in the list.

• Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,150 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Looks great - love the gold colouringand they really stand out in the pack!

One point - my ascended 2* Storm is sat in the Upgrade Ready filter, though I can't actually do anything else with her (I'm one cover away from the next level).

• MPQBlaine
    Options

@gamecat235 said:

The ready for upgrade filter seems to have a bug, my ascended 2Storm3 does not have any covers ready to add but she still shows up in the list.

I'll pass this along. But can we talk about how pretty ascended 2 Star Storm is???

• gamecat235
    Options

@MPQBlaine said:

@gamecat235 said:

I'll pass this along. But can we talk about how pretty ascended 2 Star Storm is???

Oh absolutely. And ascended IM40 is even better. This is an exciting day!

• ElReyFelix
    ElReyFelix Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options

My ascended 3* Magneto's Blue power got worse after ascension. Does less damage per tile swap (851 after versus 877 before).

• gamecat235
    Options

I’m a little surprised there isn’t a milestone for ascending characters. #suggestions

(I would assume that this is probably in the works)

• Alex502
    Alex502 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Options

Where is the in game explanation of this?? Why wasn't there an in game announcement?? Honestly, another quiet update really hurts the feeling of communication.

• Altair22
    Altair22 Posts: 120 Tile Toppler
    Options

a few questions to developers:

1. will there be milestones for ascended characters?
    2. Will the ascended characters get cover feeders.? example, a ascended Storm 4 should have Storm 5 cover and point feeders.
  • StanleyBurrell
    StanleyBurrell Posts: 143 Tile Toppler
    Options

Only 3 available to me

• Altair22
    Altair22 Posts: 120 Tile Toppler
    Options

My ascended Wolverine 2(now 3 stars) is also sitting at the upgrade

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,920 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Now that it’s live, is there a tax? What am I doing here? Lol

• StanleyBurrell
    StanleyBurrell Posts: 143 Tile Toppler
    Options

@Daredevil217 said:
    Now that it’s live, is there a tax? What am I doing here? Lol

No tax. Just take the red pill.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,955 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Just updated on Android (went to the store and hit update).

The new search features are there and they are awesome.

But when I click on any of my max champs (tried 2, 3 and 4*) none of them has an 'ascend' button on them. They just continue to say Champion Maxed. I've force closed multiple times and nothing changes. Is the the Ascend button hidden somewhere non obvious?

KGB

• Zarqa
    Zarqa Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    Options

@KGB said:

But when I click on any of my max champs (tried 2, 3 and 4*) none of them has an 'ascend' button on them. They just continue to say Champion Maxed. I've force closed multiple times and nothing changes. Is the the Ascend button hidden somewhere non obvious?

KGB

Hope you don’t me stating the obvious, but are you sure that the chars you tried to Ascend are in the first batch of Ascendable (?) characters?

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,942 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2023
    Options

I just spent like 3 hours ascending everyone and opening all the rewards, that was insane. My highest ascended 4/5* is Ghost Rider at 476. Everyone else is in that range. The only 4* from the list that I haven't ascended are either too new, or had a dupe get rolled over right before this -- Abomination, Gertrude, Gorr, Karnak, Reptil.

Also: the "improved odds" thing in Classics actually does matter, if you pull enough of them. I pulled a TON of all those guys!

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,955 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

@Zarqa said:

@KGB said:

KGB

Hope you don’t me stating the obvious, but are you sure that the chars you tried to Ascend are in the first batch of Ascendable (?) characters?

D'oh. I just randomly selected the first max champs in my list.

KGB

• AdeptusRevolt
    AdeptusRevolt Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Options

What is the release cadence for other batches? Weeks? Months?

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 4,942 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Random impressions: MODOK hits insanely hard on all his powers, for reasons that are unclear. Super Skrull is very bad. Nico will pass lvl550 Kitty's tile buffing around lvl480 or 490, and she buffs all tiles, not limited like Kitty. Ikaris is going to be a nightmare to deal with, so is Blob. Cyclops also hits really, really hard.

• MPQBlaine
    Options

@AdeptusRevolt said:
    What is the release cadence for other batches? Weeks? Months?

YEARS?! Haha The DEV team plans to roll out additional batches over the next couple of months! We'll definitely follow up with more concrete dates as they continue to make progress.

• SourCream
    SourCream Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options

@MPQBlaine

Is it possible to bind character more than once in the future ? If so, when ? Never ?