Champions 2.0 Post-launch FAQ and Discussion

Comments

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor

So this is what I am wondering. I have a level 266 (maxed) 3* Magneto and a level 224 3* Magneto.
    I can ascend the maxed one with the 224 one and get a 4* Magneto, but then I'm missing out on the leveling rewards on the 224 one (for example the LT at 227).

It seems to me there are 2 ideal moments to ascend, one where your dupe is 166 unchamped, the other when your dupe is 266 champed. Otherwise you lose out on a lot of leveling rewards

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,200 Chairperson of the Boards

I think Champ 2.0 was just a way to monetize the newer players

The first lightening deal $3.99 for an Ascended Storm. They probably figured out new players aren't spending a ton on the LT packs and other offers, so target them directly with characters they are using and will want to keep using.

• Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 728 Critical Contributor

@Dogface said:
    So this is what I am wondering. I have a level 266 (maxed) 3* Magneto and a level 224 3* Magneto.
    I can ascend the maxed one with the 224 one and get a 4* Magneto, but then I'm missing out on the leveling rewards on the 224 one (for example the LT at 227).

It seems to me there are 2 ideal moments to ascend, one where your dupe is 166 unchamped, the other when your dupe is 266 champed. Otherwise you lose out on a lot of leveling rewards

Talking 3s only - the max rewards approach is to level 3 of the 4 required 3 stars to 266. Creating a 303 and 270 4*. You then max the 303 one and ascend to 5 with the 270.

The 4th one any covers spent are not equally converted at the next level, so a portion of the 100 covers required for max 3 #4 are "lost" at a 2/3 ratio and you need to spend in total 69 more covers in the process.

• greenglove
    greenglove Posts: 111 Tile Toppler

@Chipster22 said:

@greenglove said:
    Um, the ascension button is not showing up on characters I know to be eligible.

When you say the characters are eligible, do you mean you have them at the proper champ levels, or that they are in the current batch of ascendable characters.

Not all characters are ascendable at the start. Of the 1*s, only Ironman, Spiderman, & Storm are live.

That was the problem. I was looking at characters that weren't in the first batch.

• Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 728 Critical Contributor

Will a feature be added that can filter down to characters ready to ascend? Like the current ISO and Cover upgrade filter?

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,049 Chairperson of the Boards

Ffs, only 4s with really good/great power sets are even coming close to “making 5s worthless” or anything close. Gwenpool and Puck are not gonna be “smashing” a lot of teams. If any.

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor

@raber18 said:
    Did they just change ascended rewards? My ascended characters all have a mountain of low iso rewards for like first 30 levels or something

Probably they can't fix the bug without an app update, so they changed the champion rewards until they fix it.

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 507 Critical Contributor

I bought the deal where you get to pick from 2⭐ Storm Thor or Wolverine or whoever it was. I picked Storm and now she's gone. I bought the 1⭐ Storm deal and got the free 1⭐ Spidey and recruited those just fine. I think the 2⭐ Storm just got added to the one I was currently building.

• ProfShoehorn
    ProfShoehorn Posts: 46 Just Dropped In

I’ll send this to the bug report people too, but this is an annoying quirk. Seems that ascended characters are showing up in the “can be upgraded” filter even if you have no covers to feed them:

• itsuka7
    itsuka7 Posts: 108 Tile Toppler

Another thing I just noticed is that covers on the vine are automatically added to the ascended 1* Spidey and I do not get an option to apply it to a 1* Spiderman I was still building instead. I hope the choice will be given in future. I often hit those buttons without thinking. Now I have to sort my vine again manually to champ my 1* (for DPD).

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

@itsuka7 said:
    Another thing I just noticed is that covers on the vine are automatically added to the ascended 1* Spidey and I do not get an option to apply it to a 1* Spiderman I was still building instead. I hope the choice will be given in future. I often hit those buttons without thinking. Now I have to sort my vine again manually to champ my 1* (for DPD).

I get asked what I want to do.
    It's annoying, I'd rather have it done automatically 🤣

• Pantera236
    edited September 2023

Storm (classic) at 141 on blue at 5 covers does 2409 AOE, at 166 at 5 covers only does 1075. Also her yellow is doing like half damage at 166 vs 141.

• Markot
    Markot Posts: 86 Match Maker

It is strange that free ascended 1* Spider-man can be easily used as normal cover. Before I realized it is ascended version, I used him as a single cover towards my 1* dupe I was building for ascending. I'm not happy now with what I have done. But it should not be such easy, I would like at least some warning message.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,072 Chairperson of the Boards

Oh so everybody is getting multiple rewards too? Ha ha great - Thanks Devs.

• Ed_Dragonrider
    Ed_Dragonrider Posts: 590 Critical Contributor

Be careful when applying levels to characters in their own screen.

I got a 3* 2Cap from the champ2 vault, but had no roster slot for another 3* so left him on the vine. Applying covers from my opened standard tokens I was leveling up my 1s and 2s. 2cap had more then one cover so I just kept pushing his add level button. It absorbed the lvl 166 3* 2cap as well sadly. 😭
    I didn't know it could do that. I thought it was a separate character.
    But I guess if you can use 2* covers to level a 3* or 4* version, then you can use a higher version cover to level the original 2*. 😕

SO BE VERY CAREFUL!!

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,379 Chairperson of the Boards

Ah, that must be what happened to the free 1*3 iron man I was confident I saw a banner for, and now cannot find anywhere.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,379 Chairperson of the Boards

In this new ascended vault, ascended Medusa did not generate a daily play token but not ascended ghost rider did.

• KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,167 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2023

I was exceptionally lucky that my free 1->3 Spiderman could not be applied or I might have done it as well. I was about to sell it when I saw the reward was not the usual 100 ISO and then I realized I was getting a L166 1->3 Spiderman so I quickly rostered him.

KGB

• Seph1roth5
    Seph1roth5 Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker

Definitely lost my free 1-3 Spidey. Same thing that happened to other people, was just looking at the pile of possible levelups and hitting train like normal. Wasn't til much later that I realized my 3 spidey was nowhere to be found.

Sent a ticket in to CS.

• Pantera236

When I look at someone else's roster the new colors for ascended characters doesn't show and say they have xpool at 475 when I click on him it shows everything at 450.