Champions 2.0 Post-launch FAQ and Discussion

Comments

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 507 Critical Contributor

@gmp72 said:

@Altair22 said:
    A suggestion to the developers:

I suggested that Ascended characters be also boosted in PVP and PVE if their are the primary character.

I noticed in a latest psylocke PVP, a player was playing with a ascended 4 star psylocke 270 level, and it was not boosted.

My ascended Psylocke is level 400 in her PVP - so pretty boosted 😉

Oh and btw a 266 3* is boosted to 412 anyway.

• Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor

@LavaManLee said:
    There might be an obvious answer to this and I am just an idiot for not seeing it, but can I tell what level an Ascended character started at without having to remember the exact character name?

Example, I have a 4* Ascended Storm. Is there a quick way to tell if she came from a 1 star, 2 star or 3 star? I don't have the cover pictures and names memorized so don't see an easy way to tell, unless I am missing it.

They should have a different color background where the level is written, same as champed chars (but not the same color).
    If you don't remember which color is what, then look for their shards count. True 4* will need 400 shards per level, but lower tiers ascended characters mixed among the 4's will need fewer. 300, 200 or 100.

• Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor

@Pantera236 said:

@gmp72 said:

@Altair22 said:
    A suggestion to the developers:

I suggested that Ascended characters be also boosted in PVP and PVE if their are the primary character.

I noticed in a latest psylocke PVP, a player was playing with a ascended 4 star psylocke 270 level, and it was not boosted.

My ascended Psylocke is level 400 in her PVP - so pretty boosted 😉

Oh and btw a 266 3* is boosted to 412 anyway.

And eventually, the 370 Psylocke could jump to 512, or so...

Some of this must be bugs. But after fixing that, all these powers and boosts scaling could use a little smoothing.
    For now, the main thing we should focus on is these can churn out better rewards. In case of 1*s simply more rewards where before there was only a paltry amount of iso. :)

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards

@Kolence said:

@LavaManLee said:
    There might be an obvious answer to this and I am just an idiot for not seeing it, but can I tell what level an Ascended character started at without having to remember the exact character name?

Example, I have a 4* Ascended Storm. Is there a quick way to tell if she came from a 1 star, 2 star or 3 star? I don't have the cover pictures and names memorized so don't see an easy way to tell, unless I am missing it.

They should have a different color background where the level is written, same as champed chars (but not the same color).
    If you don't remember which color is what, then look for their shards count. True 4* will need 400 shards per level, but lower tiers ascended characters mixed among the 4's will need fewer. 300, 200 or 100.

Again, not your fault, but I shouldn't have to remember all that. It should be a little more obvious which starting * the character is and not have to worry about shards needed or color of background to remember.

• marvel075
    marvel075 Posts: 125 Tile Toppler

so i got the 5 star iron man ascended deal, but then i looked at someone else's rostered 5 star ascended iron man, and Thiers does WAYYY more damage in their power description than mine ****

• ArchusMonk
    ArchusMonk Posts: 203 Tile Toppler

Probably a different level.

• marvel075
    marvel075 Posts: 125 Tile Toppler

his was 1 level higher, but i was a BIG jump in power damage differences

• trewiltrewil
    trewiltrewil Posts: 71 Match Maker

@marvel075 said:

The scaling on the 1s at 5 is funky. They ramp way quicker than a normal 450 5*.

I think maybe they start the scaling ramp as if they were 1 cover 5* even though they are champed, but then the end of the ramp to max level damage is closer, so every level you get way more damage/health stats as a comparison.

• Zarqa
    Zarqa Posts: 313 Mover and Shaker

@trewiltrewil said:

@marvel075 said:

The scaling on the 1s at 5 is funky. They ramp way quicker than a normal 450 5*.

I think maybe they start the scaling ramp as if they were 1 cover 5* even though they are champed, but then the end of the ramp to max level damage is closer, so every level you get way more damage/health stats as a comparison.

There’s also a bug about scaling right now that might explain (partially?) what you see. From Ice on Discord:

There's a weird bug that we can't track down where sometimes brand new Ascended characters have the wrong values. Restarting the game (so the server updates you) or leveling them up fixes it.

• primetime21
    primetime21 Posts: 90 Match Maker

Has the frequency of when these batches will be released been announced? For example, I'll start keeping more dupes and trying to get them maxed if the next match is a month from now or something like that. If it will be 6 months from now I probably won't.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

@primetime21 said:
    Has the frequency of when these batches will be released been announced? For example, I'll start keeping more dupes and trying to get them maxed if the next match is a month from now or something like that. If it will be 6 months from now I probably won't.

I think they want to iron out all the bugs first.
    They probably don't know themselves yet.

• meadowsweet
    meadowsweet Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker

@primetime21 said:

As far as I know, this is the only information out there:
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/1021269#Comment_1021269

@MPQBlaine said:
    The DEV team plans to roll out additional batches over the next couple of months! We'll definitely follow up with more concrete dates as they continue to make progress.

• y4747
    y4747 Posts: 163 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2023

edit
    this is a display bug - in-match the power shows the expected number.

ascended 4mk5 at level 462 has some weird scaling. health and match damage are fine, black and purple powers scale as you'd expect (~4.5 times a level 270), but the green power damage is only 5% more than a 270 (~13k instead of the expected ~60k).

• axmoss
    axmoss Posts: 236 Tile Toppler
    edited September 2023

Why is the requirement so high to level ascended characters? I.e. Ascended into 3 star requires 2 covers to 1 level (200 covers to 266), 4 stars require 3 covers to level (300 covers to 370) and still need the massive number of covers to get the binding

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards

@axmoss said:
    Why is the requirement so high to level ascended characters? I.e. Ascended into 3 star requires 2 covers to 1 level (200 covers to 266), 4 stars require 3 covers to level (300 covers to 370) and still need the massive number of covers to get the binding

your still getting the covers at their original rarity. The trade in ratio is basically converting the original rarity to the new ascended rarity.
    Each time you ascend a char it will take more and more covers to level it.

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 507 Critical Contributor

I liked your idea when I 1st read it but I think the problem is vets who already have multiple 370's and would just have 550's straight out of the gate. Maybe when merging 2 370's they do the 4 to 1 ratio but then subsequent levels are at a 2 to 1 ratio.

• meadowsweet
    meadowsweet Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker

@Pantera236 said:
    I think the problem is vets who already have multiple 370's and would just have 550's straight out of the gate

Is "the problem" for... the vets, who bore easily? their opponents, who are quickly overwhelmed? the devs, who want to keep stringing them along and hope they buy something?

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards

@meadowsweet said:

@Phumade said:

@axmoss said:

your still getting the covers at their original rarity. The trade in ratio is basically converting the original rarity to the new ascended rarity.
    Each time you ascend a char it will take more and more covers to level it.

I still think the "exchange rates" make no sense. Why is the exchange rate at the 5★ level 4 covers per 1 level, regardless of whether you're talking about an Ascended 1★ character or a 4★ character? You can get four 1★ covers for the same character in a day if you're lucky. But four covers for a 4★ might take weeks or months. You're also splitting your 1★ & 2★ covers across 8 & 14 total characters, whereas you're dividing 4★ covers across 143 characters (and counting...)

Here are the exchange rates as of today:

Tier 2★ 3★ 4★ 5★
    1★ 1 2 3 4
    2★ - 2 3 4
    3★ - - 3 4
    4★ - - - 4

But what if they just got more expensive the further away you got from the original level?:

Tier 2★ 3★ 4★ 5★
    1★ 1 2 3 4
    2★ - 1 2 3
    3★ - - 1 2
    4★ - - - 1

Or doubled exponentially in cost for each level you Ascended?:

Tier 2★ 3★ 4★ 5★
    1★ 2 4 8 16
    2★ - 2 4 8
    3★ - - 2 4
    4★ - - - 2

There are other ways to do it; those are just two off the top of my head

I think your last sentence states it all. The developers are simply chose an arbitrary relationship that provides a 2 to 3 year window before moderate spenders are level capped.

From my experiences. I've been level capped when:
    1. I got to 13 covers (before champion)
    2. grew the char to level max 144,266,370,550. (after champ 1.)

While its true the heavy spenders and the super Hardcore will be level capped in 2-3 years. Most moderate spenders will have at least 4-5 years of rewards before we start clamboring for champ 3.0.