Champions 2.0 Post-launch FAQ and Discussion

Comments

• Altair22
    Altair22 Posts: 120 Tile Toppler

the 4 star base characters Im looking forward to ascend and can be very formidable are:

Juggernaut, Polaris, America Chavez, Captain Marvel, Deadpool, Ghost Rider, Iceman, Luke Cage, Peggy Carter, Rogue, Punisher,

as for 3 stars,

Iron man 3 stars base, is still very useful.

• Altair22

when is the next update coming to add more ascension possible characters?

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards

@Altair22 said:
    the 4 star base characters Im looking forward to ascend and can be very formidable are:

Juggernaut, Polaris, America Chavez, Captain Marvel, Deadpool, Ghost Rider, Iceman, Luke Cage, Peggy Carter, Rogue, Punisher,

as for 3 stars,

Punisher? Didn't think I'd ever see a person care about 4-star Pun

• Altair22

@Punisher5784 said:

@Altair22 said:

as for 3 stars,

The Punisher green and black two punch can be very devastating, imagine this being a 5 star.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,608 Chairperson of the Boards

@Altair22 said:

@Punisher5784 said:

@Altair22 said:

as for 3 stars,

The Punisher green and black two punch can be very devastating, imagine this being a 5 star.

It's a little too expensive at 10ap/10ap, but I like the way you're thinking.

I'm really interested in some of the forgotten passives, and forgotten characters, at the 4* level. M'Baku is one I already brought up. Ascended Talos is already pretty good. Mr Fantastic, too.

Captain Marvel's passive will be fun. Kate Pryde can create some very cool teams. Negasonic is a blast to play. Hydra Stomper is an insane AP generator. Rhino's defensive passives are really cool.

There are so many of them!

• Altair22

@entrailbucket said:

@Altair22 said:

@Punisher5784 said:

@Altair22 said:

as for 3 stars,

It's a little too expensive at 10ap/10ap, but I like the way you're thinking.

I'm really interested in some of the forgotten passives, and forgotten characters, at the 4* level. M'Baku is one I already brought up. Ascended Talos is already pretty good. Mr Fantastic, too.

Captain Marvel's passive will be fun. Kate Pryde can create some very cool teams. Negasonic is a blast to play. Hydra Stomper is an insane AP generator. Rhino's defensive passives are really cool.

There are so many of them!

yep so many and with the ascension things have gone on another level of magnitude.

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards

This ascension system has brought new interest into the 4-star tier.

• BlixTheFrog
    BlixTheFrog Posts: 190 Tile Toppler

@Altair22 said:

Let them fix this one first lol.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

@BlixTheFrog said:

@Altair22 said:

Let them fix this one first lol.

No, I'll take 4x rewards again,thank you very much.

• edwar368
    edwar368 Posts: 17 Just Dropped In

Hi,

Not sure what I am missing or don't understand but I just got an Ascended 2>3 storm out of a vault.

• The 3* Ascended is showing as available for upgrade, but I cannot upgrade her
    • The 2* Storm is showing a big red "Ascend" button .. Am not going to do this, but does this mean if I did I would have 2x 3* storms and 1x 2* Storms.
    • My Power distribution on both Scended and Normal 2* are the same 5/5/3, yet the Powers of the 166 Ascended Storm are half that of the maxed 144 Storm ... what is the point?
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,380 Chairperson of the Boards

Storm barely does damage on her powers, but I would say the point is champ rewards.

• StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 751 Critical Contributor

The ascended versions of 3* characters in the Lightning Rounds are not boosted. Is this a case of LRs being late to get an update to include boosts to ascended folks, a bug or working as intended?

Last week the LRs were right at the introduction of Champ 2.0, so I wasn't that surprised to see no changes. But we're a week later now and I'm starting to get curious.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

@StevO-J said:
    The ascended versions of 3* characters in the Lightning Rounds are not boosted. Is this a case of LRs being late to get an update to include boosts to ascended folks, a bug or working as intended?

Last week the LRs were right at the introduction of Champ 2.0, so I wasn't that surprised to see no changes. But we're a week later now and I'm starting to get curious.

I'm guessing they forgot to update those when they updated all other events.

• Altair22

well I just got a one star base Storm ascended to 5 stars , currently level 453 damages 1026 green, 912 yellow , 798 black.

• Altair22
    edited October 2023

also my one star base ascended 5 star Iron Man is currently 469 lvl. I raised him by 19 levels in 3 days. The ascended one stars seem to be much easier to level up than a regular base 5 star due to the one star covers being much easier to get than the 5 stars.

• Altair22

so day 7 since the champion 2.0 ascension came out. I have ascended two one star base to 5 stars. 5 2 base stars to 3 stars, 15 three star base to 4 stars, and 1 four star base to 5 stars.

noticed the following: 3 star base characters ascended to 4 or 5 stars are still counted as 3 stars in terms of shards, so if you get say a heroic pack , it will still count as 10 X 3 star shards for the ascended 3 star to 4 or 5 stars.

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards

@Altair22 said:
    so day 7 since the champion 2.0 ascension came out. I have ascended two one star base to 5 stars. 5 2 base stars to 3 stars, 15 three star base to 4 stars, and 1 four star base to 5 stars.

noticed the following: 3 star base characters ascended to 4 or 5 stars are still counted as 3 stars in terms of shards, so if you get say a heroic pack , it will still count as 10 X 3 star shards for the ascended 3 star to 4 or 5 stars.

How does the powersets feel? Do they feel crippled compared to an eqiuivalent 5*? It seems powers are expensive and slower to fire, but is that irrelevant in actual play?

• Altair22

@Phumade said:

@Altair22 said:

How does the powersets feel? Do they feel crippled compared to an eqiuivalent 5*? It seems powers are expensive and slower to fire, but is that irrelevant in actual play?

Played with the 5 star ascended one star base Storm 453 lvl and Iron man 469 lvl. with a Shang Chi 467 lvl. Yep they were quite effective even though shang chi did most of the heavy lifting. Storm managed to fire up the black power, I think its how you use them and how you pair them with other characters is the key to their performance.

• Altair22
    edited October 2023

@Phumade said:

@Altair22 said:

also to add: Played in a lightning round PVP vs. simliar level of Thora and shang chi 5 star bases. and I won using the 469 lvl IM and 453 lvl storm one star basers and won, and I note that I was able to fire off the very expensive blue power by IM on Thora since Thoras passive of turning tiles to enhanced tiles esp. the blue ones gave me enough blues to fire it off. , combination of the Red IM a bunch of yellow IM and Storm Black did them in.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,608 Chairperson of the Boards

1* get boosted REALLY frequently since there are so few of them in the rotation, so I'm much more interested in trying out lvl600+ versions of these guys.

The 450ish ones absolutely feel like real 5* though.