Champions 2.0 Post-launch FAQ and Discussion

Comments

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards

@Altair22 said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

@Altair22 said:
    so far day 3 in the champion 2.0 intro. : I ascended a base one star to 5 star, 3 two star base to 3 star, 10 three star base to 4 star , and 1 four star base to 5 star(Moon Knight). Noticed that the 4 star ascended to 5 moon Knight is stronger than the 5 base Moon knight. Interesting.

You took a 1* up to 5* in 3 days?

nope bought the ascended one star base 5 star Iron man from MPQ offers ,

Well, that doesn’t count as “ascending” the character. You just bought an “already ascended” character. I know it’s just semantics, but that was misleading.

• tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 555 Critical Contributor

What's the damage numbers look like on the 5/1 Ironman ?

His abilities are rather costly. It's a cool offer certainly, curious about those using him how you like him.

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards

Here’s my beef: I don’t know when the next batch is coming and who will be in it. Why is that a problem?

Well, for many people (including myself), I want to use my resources optimally and squeeze every reward I can out of this game. Since 1-star covers now have the potential to earn high level champ rewards, like LTs, I don’t want to sell them anymore.

But the only way to save them for the non-ascendable 1-stars is to buy another slot and apply the covers. Well, at this point I have 3 copies of each remaining 1-Star and still more in my queue.

So the bad thing is that these covers come in so fast that I would need to buy slots daily to keep up with them until the next ascendable batch is released. The good thing is that these covers come in so fast that I can afford to sell them too. But that offends my optimal mentality.

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards

@bbigler said:
    Here’s my beef: I don’t know when the next batch is coming and who will be in it. Why is that a problem?

Well, for many people (including myself), I want to use my resources optimally and squeeze every reward I can out of this game. Since 1-star covers now have the potential to earn high level champ rewards, like LTs, I don’t want to sell them anymore.

But the only way to save them for the non-ascendable 1-stars is to buy another slot and apply the covers. Well, at this point I have 3 copies of each remaining 1-Star and still more in my queue.

So the bad thing is that these covers come in so fast that I would need to buy slots daily to keep up with them until the next ascendable batch is released. The good thing is that these covers come in so fast that I can afford to sell them too. But that offends my optimal mentality.

You got 2 weeks before covers die on the vine.

Welcome to the MPQ experience before saved covers. Its to bust out the accounting lampshades, because its time to do utilize J.I.T inventory management techniques. Really this is a great chance for people to reflect on all the ways the game has changed throughout the years

• Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor

@Scofie said:
    I think it's a really tough one. Add everyone for ascension on day 1 and the roster spot problem gets worse for some, better for others. Release them in batches and its manageable for some in terms of slots, more work for others to manage theirs. So I don't disagree with your sentiment or view, but there will be others in different situations who will view it differently.

On more specific points: There is no requirement to ascend everyone at once. 1*s before were auto-sell for 100 Iso. If they expire now, you still get that so you're not worse off.

There is no world in which giving players more options is worse for the players.

The big picture is Ascension is clearly intended to make players need more slots over time. Releasing them in waves is clearly intended to make players need more slots right away in order to not feel like we're losing/missing out on anything.

While there are plenty of characters that can be ascended that I'm not able to ascend yet. This is not harmful to me in anyway. Not rolling out all characters at the same time is a big middle finger to the player base.

• BlixTheFrog
    BlixTheFrog Posts: 190 Tile Toppler

@Altair22 said:

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

@Altair22 said:
    so far day 3 in the champion 2.0 intro. : I ascended a base one star to 5 star, 3 two star base to 3 star, 10 three star base to 4 star , and 1 four star base to 5 star(Moon Knight). Noticed that the 4 star ascended to 5 moon Knight is stronger than the 5 base Moon knight. Interesting.

You took a 1* up to 5* in 3 days?

nope bought the ascended one star base 5 star Iron man from MPQ offers ,

That’s certainly faster. 😂

• BlixTheFrog

@Kahmon said:

@Scofie said:

While there are plenty of characters that can be ascended that I'm not able to ascend yet. This is not harmful to me in anyway. Not rolling out all characters at the same time is a big middle finger to the player base.

I really don’t see how. Everybody has the same ”ascending” options and, given all the bugs, it has prevented the game to completely crash Day 1.

Plus, ascending toons and weighing out options takes time. We would be very busy now, but what then? Slow-rolling it prevents the "whole fireworks firing at once" angle.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,380 Chairperson of the Boards

There are only 7 1* characters, one of whom is limited and unlikely to be ascendable, so next batch should solve the 1* vine problem.

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,785 Chairperson of the Boards

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    There are only 7 1* characters, one of whom is limited and unlikely to be ascendable, so next batch should solve the 1* vine problem.

I don't think so. They will want to add 3rd covers not the ones that don't have them first.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

Juggs and Hawkeye will probably be waiting a long time for their third skill, so that's a lot of slots.

• ThaRoadWarrior

So y’all think the next batch won’t have any 1* in it then? I assumed it would be symmetrical to this one.

• BlixTheFrog

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    So y’all think the next batch won’t have any 1* in it then? I assumed it would be symmetrical to this one.

I’m betting on two in each batch.

• Altair22
    Altair22 Posts: 120 Tile Toppler

@tonypq said:
    What's the damage numbers look like on the 5/1 Ironman ?

His abilities are rather costly. It's a cool offer certainly, curious about those using him how you like him.

My Iron man one star base 5 star ascended is currently at 455 lvl damage he can do 1042 red, 926 Yellow blue 811. red power repulsor blast at 5 level cost 10 pts does 33309 damage, his Yellow power armoured assault at level 5 cost 8 pts, does 13324 damage plus creates 2 strength 666 protect tiles. and the blue power Ultra freon beam cost 19 pts(wow expensive) and does 66616 damage while freezing the target for 4 turns.

• ThaRoadWarrior

Needs to be zero at the end of that damage number for 19 blue lol

• meadowsweet
    meadowsweet Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker

@ThaRoadWarrior said:

None of the Limited characters (1★ Yelena Belova, 2★ Bag-Man, 4★ Devil Dinosaur, 4★ Howard the Duck, 4★ Spider-Ham, & 4★ Taskmaster) were listed in the first batch of Ascendable characters, but I haven't seen information anywhere that they will be permanently excluded from later batches.

There are eight 1★ characters. One is Limited, so if you exclude her, seven remain. You'll still be able to Ascend her, it will just take longer, since you won't be pulling any of her covers from Standard Tokens. If anything, she'll take up duplicate roster spots for longer than any of the others:

1. Spider-Man (Original)
    2. Juggernaut (Classic)
    3. Storm (Modern)
    4. Iron Man (Model 35)
    5. Black Widow (Modern)
    6. Hawkeye (Classic)
    7. Venom (Dark Avengers)
    8. Yelena Belova (Dark Avengers) [LIMITED]
  • ThaRoadWarrior

I just don’t think it’s a slam dunk to assume we’ll be able to ascend the trophy characters. But if we can, I’ll try and do it.

• Bad
    Bad Posts: 3,146 Chairperson of the Boards

A few months ago you could freely sell any 1* or any other msxed character because you didn't know it.
    But now it's different and personally I don't sell anything, logically it would be a resource waste.

• Altair22

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Needs to be zero at the end of that damage number for 19 blue lol

haha true, however on the good side, since it only takes 4 IM base 1 star covers to level up the 5 star base 1 IM, it relatively easy to level up, did 5 levels of 5 star IM in two days.

• ThaRoadWarrior

To be fair, that’s better damage than a level 451 hulkbuster does for 19 red. That only gets you 50,863 for your trouble. Though of course he can generate red on his other two colors.

• Altair22

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    To be fair, that’s better damage than a level 451 hulkbuster does for 19 red. That only gets you 50,863 for your trouble. Though of course he can generate red on his other two colors.

yep and Im not surprised if well see a 550 lvl base one star, ascended 5 star IM soon in PVPs