Champions 2.0 Post-launch FAQ and Discussion

Comments

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards

@Altair22 said:
    A question to the developers:

lets say in a PVE or PVP you have a required 3 stars character in a PVP or PVE slot, if the required 3 star has been ascended to a 4 or 5 star, can it sill compete as the primary 3 star character?

Example in a pve slot it is required you have a 3 star magneto, lets say you only have a 4 star ascended(3 star) magneto, can you still participate?

No events have asked you to play a specific character of a specific rarity. They have asked for specific characters OR specific rarities, but not both.

• Altair22
    Altair22 Posts: 120 Tile Toppler

Daredevil there are events, OK let say in the current Psylocke PVP, Can you use psylock 3 base at 4 or 5 stars as the primary character?

• Altair22

A suggestion to the developers:

I suggested that Ascended characters be also boosted in PVP and PVE if their are the primary character.

I noticed in a latest psylocke PVP, a player was playing with a ascended 4 star psylocke 270 level, and it was not boosted.

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards

@Altair22 said:
    Daredevil there are events, OK let say in the current Psylocke PVP, Can you use psylock 3 base at 4 or 5 stars as the primary character?

There are not events. Name one.

As for Psylocke’s event does it say you have to use 3* Psylocke or Psylocke (Classic)?

• Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,697 Chairperson of the Boards

@Altair22 said:

I suggested that Ascended characters be also boosted in PVP and PVE if their are the primary character.

I noticed in a latest psylocke PVP, a player was playing with a ascended 4 star psylocke 270 level, and it was not boosted.

Yet another bug, I would think.

• Altair22

@Daredevil217 said:

@Altair22 said:

There are not events. Name one.

As for Psylocke’s event does it say you have to use 3* Psylocke or Psylocke (Classic)?

actually you can . found that one out when I was scrolling thru the characterse

• Altair22
    edited September 2023

With the ascensions, I think we can see the return of one star and two star base PVPs, where even ascended one and two star base characters of all stars and levels can participate, that should be interesting,

• tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 555 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2023

My head is spinning in confusion with the ascended stuff. My only 4*s I have fully covered duplicates for are Polaris and Rocket/Groot, they're both at level 70 but have 13 covers and ready to champ.

Is there any good reason not to champ my Polaris & R&G dupes and ascend both ?

Even know I have all the meta 5s, I still love using Polaris/R&G daily either with Kitty/Kamala, or a good boosted 5. Also my Polaris has 1555 shards/24 saved covers & R&G has 622 shards/24 saved covers.

• Altair22

@Bad said:
    The future of the metagame? One thing is totally for sure: now no one will say anymore "the 4* tier is irrelevant and this new character too" :D
    I don't think there will be "2 best characters " and I don't think any player will realize them.
    It happened something never happening before: the 4* tier has become giant sized.
    And in 4* tier there is a great balance and counters. It could happen that a lot of players could go for the same characters because resources are limited.
    But with more batches coming right now I think this game scalated its tactical possibilities and with that the fun.

I would say that no one would say that even 1s to 4s are not irrelevant. and it seems that a ascended one star base 5 stars(level 450 with a 1rated power like the iron man currently on offer ) may actually be easier to level up compared to base 5 stars, since its a bit easier to get one star base covers noting its much easier to get standard packs than regular packs. Like 4 one star base covers to level up a one star base 5 star ascended character.

• Altair22

we may even see new one and two star base characters coming out as they become relevant again.

• Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker

I’m wondering if we will see nodes in the future that require any ascended character?

• gmp72
    gmp72 Posts: 163 Tile Toppler

@Altair22 said:

My ascended Psylocke is level 400 in her PVP - so pretty boosted 😉

• LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards

There might be an obvious answer to this and I am just an idiot for not seeing it, but can I tell what level an Ascended character started at without having to remember the exact character name?

Example, I have a 4* Ascended Storm. Is there a quick way to tell if she came from a 1 star, 2 star or 3 star? I don't have the cover pictures and names memorized so don't see an easy way to tell, unless I am missing it.

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor

@tonypq said:
    My head is spinning in confusion with the ascended stuff. My only 4*s I have fully covered duplicates for are Polaris and Rocket/Groot, they're both at level 70 but have 13 covers and ready to champ.

Even know I have all the meta 5s, I still love using Polaris/R&G daily either with Kitty/Kamala, or a good boosted 5. Also my Polaris has 1555 shards/24 saved covers & R&G has 622 shards/24 saved covers.

Neither Polaris nor R&G are currently able to ascend, so don't try that yet.

• Ultrace
    Ultrace Posts: 16 Just Dropped In

@tonypq said:

In addition to what MoosePrime said about Polaris and Rocket/Groot not being ascendable yet, one of your two characters that combine together has to be a MAX champion. So, you're going to need to have enough covers to take your 4* characters to level 370 (100 covers above the 13 that you need to champ them) before you can ascend them.

There's debate on whether or not you should max champion both copies of a character that go into ascension, but you must have at least one of them maxed.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,380 Chairperson of the Boards

It will (in my experience), take 9-12 months of dedicated sharding spending as you go to bring a 4* from 0 covers to max champ, so definitely be choosy about who you spend that kind of time on i would say.

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 507 Critical Contributor

@gmp72 said:

@Altair22 said:

My ascended Psylocke is level 400 in her PVP - so pretty boosted 😉

Mine isn't 🤷‍♂️

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,380 Chairperson of the Boards

@Daredevil217 said:

@Altair22 said:
    A question to the developers:

lets say in a PVE or PVP you have a required 3 stars character in a PVP or PVE slot, if the required 3 star has been ascended to a 4 or 5 star, can it sill compete as the primary 3 star character?

Example in a pve slot it is required you have a 3 star magneto, lets say you only have a 4 star ascended(3 star) magneto, can you still participate?

No events have asked you to play a specific character of a specific rarity. They have asked for specific characters OR specific rarities, but not both.

While no such events exist today, I think it's probably wishful thinking to believe they are not coming ever, or even soon (ish). I believe it will behoove us to backfill any character we ascend at some point, even though it's gong to be slot-costly. It feels like this may be the new "10 cover minimum for Shield Training" lockout to me at some future time.