Champions 2.0 Post-launch FAQ and Discussion

Comments

• AdeptusRevolt
    AdeptusRevolt Posts: 96 Match Maker

Need 2 max 4s to bind to 5.
    So you need another 3 Magneto to bind into the other 3 to make another 4, then you have 2x 4s to bind.

• SourCream
    SourCream Posts: 104 Tile Toppler

@AdeptusRevolt said:
    Need 2 max 4s to bind to 5.
    So you need another 3 Magneto to bind into the other 3 to make another 4, then you have 2x 4s to bind.

Okay... will try it later.

• StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 751 Critical Contributor

Copied from my post in the other Champ 2.0 thread:

Ragnarok green damage to allies gets out of hand pretty quickly: from 2805 enemies/535 allies dmg at lvl.266 to 4561 enemies/3099 allies dmg at lvl. 304 (ascended)

This feels a little too unbalanced IMO.

• max5esq
    max5esq Posts: 58 Match Maker

Confused, can you not bind more characters to 1. I had a ton of IM 40's. But once I ascended 1 I could not further combined anything, ascending another did not fix it.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2023

Valkyrie at 5* is way undertuned. Mine is level 453.

Bounty Hunter requiring you to do 26,862 is quite a lot of damage, you pretty much have to be using powers to hit that threshold.

The Best Defense has you needing to eat 12,360 damage, which unlike bounty Hunter isn’t cumulative, so it’s highly unlikely to trigger outside of getting hit by an active power.

*edit - in the Chavez PVP against boosted enemies and using a boosted Crystal with unboosted Valkyrie, both powers actually were triggering off of normal play, so I stand corrected there.

• Aweberman
    Aweberman Posts: 433 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2023

I am confused about rewards received from binding a non-maxed character.

Here's what I just did:
    370 Medusa + 331 Medusa = 465 Medusa
    My Command Points pool went from: 555 CP ---> 955 CP

Why did I gain 400 CP? According to the rewards schedule, I should have only gained 100 CP.

I thought maybe I was getting credit for the missing rewards from 331-370, but that sure doesn't equal 300.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,607 Chairperson of the Boards

@Aweberman said:

Here's what I just did:

Why did I gain 400 CP? According to the rewards schedule, I should have only gained 100 CP.

I thought maybe I was getting credit for the missing rewards from 331-370, but that sure doesn't equal 300.

You should have gotten all the 5* champion rewards from 451 to 465. It seems like you got more than just that, though?

• StanleyBurrell
    StanleyBurrell Posts: 143 Tile Toppler

Well 4’s are the new meta. A 475 Rogue/Nico/Medusa easily handles a 550 Colossus/Shang/Mighty Thor.

If this is “balance” I don't know what to say. 5* are immediately worthless.

• entrailbucket
    entrailbucket Posts: 5,607 Chairperson of the Boards

@StanleyBurrell said:
    Well 4’s are the new meta. A 475 Rogue/Nico/Medusa easily handles a 550 Colossus/Shang/Mighty Thor.

If this is “balance” I don't know what to say. 5* are immediately worthless.

It's a dream come true for me!

• Aweberman
    Aweberman Posts: 433 Mover and Shaker

@entrailbucket said:

@Aweberman said:

Here's what I just did:

You should have gotten all the 5* champion rewards from 451 to 465. It seems like you got more than just that, though?

Correct. I think I got more.

Let me do IMHB, for whom I have a level 300. I currently have the following:
    8190173 ISO-8
    26870 HP
    955 CP
    38 LT

Ascending…
    Now level 457. According to the champion award list, I should have gained 10000 ISO, 250 HP, 50 CP, 2 LT.

Actual totals:
    8230173 ISO-8 (+40000)
    28370 HP (+1500)
    1155 CP (+200)
    46 LT (+8)

It’s all 4 times the rewards (and then some for the CP).

I’m not complaining, mind you — just confused.

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 507 Critical Contributor

@Aweberman said:

@entrailbucket said:

@Aweberman said:

Here's what I just did:

Correct. I think I got more.

Let me do IMHB, for whom I have a level 300. I currently have the following:
    8190173 ISO-8
    26870 HP
    955 CP
    38 LT

Ascending…
    Now level 457. According to the champion award list, I should have gained 10000 ISO, 250 HP, 50 CP, 2 LT.

Actual totals:
    8230173 ISO-8 (+40000)
    28370 HP (+1500)
    1155 CP (+200)
    46 LT (+8)

It’s all 4 times the rewards (and then some for the CP).

I’m not complaining, mind you — just confused.

Yeah I'm seeing the same.

• bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards

You would think they would have tested this before releasing it. That’s got to be a major bug.

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,379 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2023

Are y’all backfilling your 4s with new dupes or just applying new covers to the 5? I’ve started new 4* versions on the off chance they’ll be required since most of my 5* roster is under 480 anyway.

• Pantera236
    Pantera236 Posts: 507 Critical Contributor

Talos is not the only 4* I ascended but is the only one available in "I got a golden disc...et"

• Omegased
    Omegased Posts: 594 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2023

@ThaRoadWarrior said:
    Valkyrie at 5* is way undertuned. Mine is level 453.

Bounty Hunter requiring you to do 26,862 is quite a lot of damage, you pretty much have to be using powers to hit that threshold.

The Best Defense has you needing to eat 12,360 damage, which unlike bounty Hunter isn’t cumulative, so it’s highly unlikely to trigger outside of getting hit by an active power.

*edit - in the Chavez PVP against boosted enemies and using a boosted Crystal with unboosted Valkyrie, both powers actually were triggering off of normal play, so I stand corrected there.

This is the same problem with Valk even at 4 star. I currently have 2 Valks (one @ 275, one @ 370), and i use the 270 one because her thresholds are more manageable.

she really needs a rescale and until then, i won't be accending her as she'll just become useless with Shang. I'm guessing same with De4dpool

• meadowsweet
    meadowsweet Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    edited September 2023

How did you decide how many characters (and which characters) would be eligible for Ascension? Are you going to roll the rest out in a total of 3 batches or 4? Because you did about one-third of the lower two tiers, and about one-fourth of the upper two other tiers:
    1★: 3 / 8 = 37.5%
    2★: 5 / 14 = 35.7%
    3★: 15 / 59 = 25.4%
    4★: 35 / 143 = 24.5%

I'm just bummed because many of the characters I have closest to Max Champ are not eligible for Ascension. Out of my ten highest-level 3★ characters, Storm is the only eligible character, and she's my sixth-highest at 258, which means even she's still 21 covers away from Ascending to 4★ level...

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,072 Chairperson of the Boards

Yeah they couldn't have picked a much worse bunch for me. The only 3* I have maxed is Deadpool so will have to wait for covers as I have zero dupes any more.

Still 2* Spidey thwipped!

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,785 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited September 2023

@DAZ0273 said:
    Yeah they couldn't have picked a much worse bunch for me. The only 3* I have maxed is Deadpool so will have to wait for covers as I have zero dupes any more.

You don't have any low level dupes to take advantage of the bug/mistake? I didn't have any max 3* dupes I just did them anyway and came away with 73LT 9000HP and 600CP.

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,072 Chairperson of the Boards

@Tony_Foot said:

@DAZ0273 said:

You don't have any low level dupes to take advantage of the bug/mistake?

Nope. 🙁 For the longest time I was trying to avoid hitting 300 roster slots so I slowly sold off all my dupes to roster the new releases - I also started to really champ 5s this last year this also meant I sold off my max 3s too apart from a small handful for iso.

So this thing has come at the worst time for me - this time last year the picture was completely different - I would have had plenty of options. I guess if the Devs wanted to use somebody to demonstrate how perfectly not to have played the game in anticipation of rolling this out then I am the poster boy.

And now in this thread we are told that 5s are worthless compared to ascended 4s - I dunno if that is true or not but if it is true then this all feels like a bit of a setback for me. I'll get there at some point, just gonna have to watch everyone else having fun for a bit and hope PvP isn't hell.