Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Options

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,294 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kahmon said:
    bluewolf said:
    Getting to the last node of Webbed Wonder, getting the Howard cover, getting a useless blue for my 2/5/5 Howard.  How many other players have 2 useless Howard covers on their vine today?  And they are purple and blue, so I can’t even combine them for a little extra iso.  In 3 months I can try again....
    Hopefully you get a h4h offer for your last green. If you don't, this is probably a case where spending 120 CP is well worth it. Besides essentially getting 3 covers, you would also have the peace of mind of never caring what color Howard you get again.
    Experience has taught me that, unfortunately, Howard covers do not trigger HfH offers.  2000 iso FTW!
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It's certainly possible that they don't anymore, but I recall some people got Howard offers when H4H was new.
    Still, 120 CP for peace of mind...
  • bob554
    bob554 Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Opened up a CP hoard of 240, amid the flurry of usable covers, I have one MEHulk Cover (currently 1/3/5) and one Nightcrawler cover (5/2/4) sitting on the vine waiting to be sold in pain in 14 days.... lol

• DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Received my first dupe Howard. A blue cover for my 4/5/2 duck.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Another run of Webbed Wonder, Another Purple Howard cover. I Think he is up to 3/4/12 by now. Why are my random covers Always Purple?
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    Another run of Webbed Wonder, Another Purple Howard cover. I Think he is up to 3/4/12 by now. Why are my random covers Always Purple?
    My son is currently on an 11/2/13 run with 2-star Black Widow. He's got one max-champed, one at 5/2/5 waiting in the wings for that third blue cover, and then his next two are ready to go at 5/0/5 and 1/0/3. I'm just glad this is a 2-star where the covers come quickly enough (usually) that they'll be cycled through quickly.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My Best Moment of the Day just turned into my Worst Moment of the Day in a super 1st World Problem turn of events:

I decided upon winning the Invisible Woman crash that I'd start stocking up on LTs in advance of the next 5* release, rather than spending them as i get them like I usually do (I have all 4*s on roster, and all but 2 5*s, so the only waste is from >5th colors). This was going well, until i got a standard token from Honor Among Thieves, and was quickly scrolling way over to the left to use it. I'm not used to having tokens banked up, so I inadvertently hit the Latest Legends button. So I got a green Chavez from that (0/2/3), and of course the Shield Training is over so I can't jump in and try to do that one more node. Probably one of the few times landing a Chavez cover is going to be my worst moment of the day, but there goes my hoard of 1 lol.
  • Anduinel
    Anduinel Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Choking for Command Points, finding out I have all the characters needed to make a run at the fifth node on the Deadpool Daily... and realizing it's a team I have absolutely no chance of beating. :neutral:
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I went pulling for Archangel ahead of Simulator. Got him in 28 pulls, but pulled only one other 5* (yellow Thor, making him 0/1/5). No Gambits. I feel my odds of getting him covered (currently 2/3/5) before he leaves are getting less and less likely.
  • Dax317
    Dax317 Posts: 87 Match Maker
    Options
    Got my 13th Gambit cover, wooho! It was a duplicate, not a problem, sent in a ticket. This was over night Thursday. Email back from cs early Friday morning confirmation of ticket...Email to sell cover at 506pm, sold cover returned email at 515pm...crickets...tinykitty...have to wait until Monday lol
  • Dax317
    Dax317 Posts: 87 Match Maker
    Options
    OJSP said: 
    Dax317 said:
    have to wait until Monday lol
    They work on the weekends. You should get a reply soon.
    It wasn't 10 minutes after I posted I received my cover...Glad I am not a conspiracy theorist...thanks for the info though OJSP
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Playing Burrito Behmoth yesterday and the AI cascaded into a match-5 THREE times in a row on it's first go! Ol' Prof Bighead couldn't believe it, he was having the time of his life as he zapped me and the AP bars of his mates all filled up and they all battered my Ragnarok who was downed before he could match a single thing. Then Prof was able to go invisible and spam protect tiles! So I got Quake's blue and used it on black (which is where Prof had his biggest collection) and it removed all the black tiles APART from those with protects on!  Somehow I still won but this is the closest to defeat I have been on BB for a long time. Thank goodness for Quake green!
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Got 10 2*s from my PvP 10-pack. On the positive side, I got a few non-yellow Captain Americas (already had 3 on the vine) and a Bullseye, so I was able to fully cover & champ both my dupes and sell their 144s.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Got the 2* Hawkeye from the Galactus progression reward.  That got me a 3* Hawkeye cover.  That got me a Legendary Token.  That got me my first Archangel cover (and first 5* cover this calendar year), and a bonus 5*, a red Thor cover.

My 0/5/0 Thor is very sad.  Which is why this is worst, not best.

• Killabee
    Killabee Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Options

Got the 2* Hawkeye from the Galactus progression reward.  That got me a 3* Hawkeye cover.  That got me a Legendary Token.  That got me my first Archangel cover (and first 5* cover this calendar year), and a bonus 5*, a red Thor cover.

Send a ticket to customer service. As long as it's in latest they will swap it. 
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Killabee said:

Interesting.  I've not really followed any discussions on swapping (searching in this forum sucks), so these might be stupid questions and way OT for this thread.  But here goes.

Would CS swap a cover that was gained from a bonus hero?

Does the swap have to be to another colour for the same character?

Is there a limit to the number of swaps per account?

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,294 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Killabee said:

Interesting.  I've not really followed any discussions on swapping (searching in this forum sucks), so these might be stupid questions and way OT for this thread.  But here goes.

Would CS swap a cover that was gained from a bonus hero?

Does the swap have to be to another colour for the same character?

Is there a limit to the number of swaps per account?

Yes, any character in Latest can be swapped no matter where the cover came from.

Yes, only the same character, diff color.  Caveat:  a 550 can be swapped for a diff character. Probably not an issue.  ;)

There is no limit to swaps per account. There is the possibility that the swap program will be discontinued at some point.

• TheHungryPet
    TheHungryPet Posts: 229 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Pulling a green DD with the Vengeance token, the only 5* cover that's useless to me. And no swaps by CS either... :neutral:
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pulling a green DD with the Vengeance token, the only 5* cover that's useless to me. And no swaps by CS either... :neutral:
    I did that with a green Black Bolt cover in the Archangel tokens.  My 6/1/1 BB was not amused.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    That's what's keeping me from redeeming my small but growing hoard of LTs and CP. Another 6 covers and Kingpin will hit 280 and give me my 5th yellow Daredevil cover, making him 5/3/1. With RNGesus being a bigger prankster than Loki, if I do a premature pull I just know I'm going to get a yellow DD cover, so Kingpin's 280 reward cover will go to waste because I don't have enough LTs or CP to have a good chance at fully covering DD. So I'm waiting, and I've found that as my hoard grows, it's actually getting easier to ignore the 'itch'.