[Resolved] ]Lost 5* Strange, No help in sight.

12345679»

Comments

• Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    Spudgutter said:
    Nick441234 said:
    I always close the app when I'm not playing it. Maybe others should do the same in future. 
    PokemonGo has the ability to lock a character to keep from being sold.  It is not being unreasonable to ask for this.

Sometimes people need to stop what they are doing and put the phone in their pocket or something.  

I don't always close the game when I'm not playing it, maybe you should do the same in the future?  

This thread clearly shows that that is not the sensible option, so everyone follow my advice and then we wont have anymore threads like these. Problem solved. 
  • Nick441234
    edited January 2018
    Ruinate said:
    I think typing DELETE to confirm a sell is perfect.  Blizzard does this with Wow and Diablo.  Requiring a pin is absurd.

Nick441234 said:
    I always close the app when I'm not playing it. Maybe others should do the same in future. 

There's benefits for not closing the app.  So no, they won't do what you tell them to do with their phones.

Then they have to accept that mistakes might happen if they aren't prepared to be careful. 
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Or you know, D3 could not have the worst policy in gaming history.  I could say with 100% confidence that if I deleted a character or items in a Blizzard game, they would restore it without hesitation.  In fact they've made it so you could do that yourself.

Accidentally selling a character is pretty dumb I will say.  But sometimes the brownest of stars align and fixing a customers mistake is standard practice just about anywhere.  D3 just gets a kick out of pissing people off even though Demiurge themselves are a cluster **** full of mistakes.  
  • Takanoyama
    Takanoyama Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Bowgentle said:
    PokemonGo has the ability to lock a character to keep from being sold.  It is not being unreasonable to ask for this.

Sometimes people need to stop what they are doing and put the phone in their pocket or something.  

I don't always close the game when I'm not playing it, maybe you should do the same in the future?  
    I get people not closing the game, but surely everyone locks the screen when putting the phone into their pockets?
    Unfortunately I didn't. And I understand that it may sound silly - but I didn't have my phone set with a screen  lock (PIN) until now. I admit it was a mistake, but everything happens for a first time, and the only thing that matters is what are we going to do about it.
    So it's locked now, and the reason of my post here was just to prove that it was an accident, it happens sometimes to some of us, and in rare cases like this CS could be more understandable and willing to help in fixing that. That's all, folks.  If developers would come up with the solution on how to prevent that from happening - it's a bonus. Locking characters, rosters, reposition buttons, enter words/pins - are just different scenarios we can only suggest to them, but the decision about implementing any or none is totally up to devs.
    Meanwhile - I strongly suspect that cases like this one are fairly rare and thus should be dealt with individually by CS in a positive way. And that was the original reason of this thread in a first place ("No help in sight") wasn't it??

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2018
    How this game currently works

Does it make $?
    Can it make $?
    Will they pay for it? 

If you want a roster lock then suggest they make it a paid feature,  tie it to VIP  or a independent micro transaction
  • Spudgutter
    Spudgutter Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Spudgutter said:
    Nick441234 said:

This thread clearly shows that that is not the sensible option, so everyone follow my advice and then we wont have anymore threads like these. Problem solved. 
    My post was an attempt to show that people have different opinions on what is "sensible."   Maybe everyone take my advice and we dont have any more responses like this.  Problem solved.
  • Nick441234
    edited January 2018
    Spudgutter said:
    Nick441234 said:

My post was an attempt to show that people have different opinions on what is "sensible."   Maybe everyone take my advice and we dont have any more responses like this.  Problem solved.
    Well no cause you'd probably have even more. I guess most people close the app when they are done with it. Its the 1% who dont that are having problems here. I've been on this forum 2 years and this is the first time I've ever seen anyone complaining about characters being sold without their knowledge. Clearly its a problem only the very few are experiencing, and unsurprisingly, its people who dont close the app when they aren't playing it.
  • moss04
    moss04 Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    It seems like like the best solution to this is to implement locking that requires entering text to unlock.  For example, to lock you simply select the character and hit some button, but then to unlock you are required to type in something like "UNLOCK".

Locking mechanisms are very common in games for hard earned resources/objects and typing specific text is incredibly chance/accident proof, whereas a simple confirmation button is clearly not.  The added benefit of having it be a lock, is that it is an "opt in" feature.  If you are a player doesn't want to jump through extra hoops to sell heroes and feel fairly confident that you will never accidentally sell or buy something you don't mean to, then you can feel free to never lock something.  And if you aren't, for whatever reason (drunk, fat fingerer, kids, no screen lock, absentminded, etc), then you have foolproof options to protect yourself and remove the need for CS to rectify mistakes.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    edited January 2018
    moss04 said:
    It seems like like the best solution to this is to implement locking that requires entering text to unlock.  For example, to lock you simply select the character and hit some button, but then to unlock you are required to type in something like "UNLOCK".
    While that may be the most thorough solution, I can hardly call it the 'best'.
    Your solution involves a serious investment on the developer's part. They need to: write code to handle the locking mechanism, create a user interface for it, <cough> test the code <cough>, and design a way to explain the function to the user base; both current and future players. What is their return on investment for all this work? They give a few players a warm fuzzy that their precious won't disappear, and they eliminate a handful of support tickets where people want their precious back. They will also probably also upset those players that hate change, and those that feel there are dozens of higher priority items that could be worked on instead of this.This is provided that the system works exactly as it should.

On the other hand, simply moving the confirm button to the top of the screen will take 1 person about 10 minutes to do, and they can likely get the same result.

The third (and more likely option) would be to do nothing.
  • moss04
    moss04 Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    ... and they eliminate a handful of support tickets where people want their precious back
    If it is _only_ a handful of tickets than it should have never been an issue for CS to handle this without being sticks in the mud.
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    moss04 said:
    ... and they eliminate a handful of support tickets where people want their precious back
    If it is _only_ a handful of tickets than it should have never been an issue for CS to handle this without being sticks in the mud.
    I won't argue with you there.  I see no reason why CS would refuse to restore an accidental sale of a cover. 
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not 1 cover.   16 covers, a level 453 5* Dr Strange. 
  • Takanoyama
    Takanoyama Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    moss04 said:
    I won't argue with you there.  I see no reason why CS would refuse to restore an accidental sale of a cover. 
    My point exactly. I've opened a ticket - 5 days later CS refused to restore by stating that there's a confirmation screen to finalize sale. So I've re-opened ticket with more explanations and SS proving that it was an accident and there was no chance for me to see the confirmation dialog. Still CS replied with the same quote "Unfortunately, we will be unable to proceed with this request as there is a confirmation screen when selling items."  And that is what brought me here in search for the reasons why because I can't find any. Hope it gets resolved, eventually. ;-)
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah. I have also managed to buy a ten pack when asleep. Kept nodding off and half wakening up and catching my phone as it slipped from my hand. Yeah it was **** also. 

Regarding closing the game when not playing. 
    Not sure if someone already mentioned this. Not read the whole thread. - Sometimes you need to keep your game open even when not playing if trying to preserve seeds or cache PvP. Even with a screenlock accidents still happen so some form quality of life safeguard to avoid these incidents would be welcome for both the playerbase and CS.

• smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Almost sold a 2 star cap last night when my dog suddenly jumped on me while looking at my roster. Was at the confirm button when I picked my phone back up. If I had picked it up just wrong could have pressed the confim button.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 967 Critical Contributor
    smkspy said:
    Almost sold a 2 star cap last night when my dog suddenly jumped on me while looking at my roster. Was at the confirm button when I picked my phone back up. If I had picked it up just wrong could have pressed the confim button.
    Question is of course, would you open a ticket with CS to restore your 2*? After all, it's the principle that counts.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dogface said:
    smkspy said:
    Question is of course, would you open a ticket with CS to restore your 2*? After all, it's the principle that counts.
    Personally, not for a two. I would for a champed 4 or deleted 5. 

And never said anything about principle. An accident can happen. A smart company would look at my ticket and my account, say "okay, yeah we how you probably didn't mean to that, let us help you out." 

Now if it were a frequent thing, the responsibility lies with me and I should probably take dog out back and give him to old yeller treatment.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Does it even prompt you if selling 2*s? I know it checks you when selling 3*s and above. I just sold 29 of them en masse last night from my queue because I grazed that sell all button while trying to scroll up and down to count them. Granted those were from 2*s which I just didn't have ISO yet to champ but still preferred the champ rewards instead of the measly 7250 ISO.