Your WORST MPQ moment of the day (REALITY thread)

Options

Comments

• Skygazing
    Skygazing Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I finally received my first ever 5* bonus hero since the feature's inception. Despite the voice in my head telling me exactly what would happen when the time came, I selected my highest covered 5* (Strange) to be my bonus. At 3/5/3 take a guess at what color cover dropped.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Having a "WHERE ARE YOU?!?!" battle in the Psylocke PvP with my Invisible Woman and Miles Morales vs the AI Invisible Woman.  Both Psylockes and the AI Hulkbuster went down quickly, but with everyone on the battlefield invisible, the rest of the battle took 20 minutes to finish.  On the bright side, once I finally got rid of both of the AI invisibility tiles (located in each of the lower corners, by the way), the match ended almost instantly, since I had 30 AP in every color.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Found out i will not be able to participate in much of the new event because they are going to pay to play it.  Dang shame.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I decided to save my Heart of Darkness tokens until I'd cleared the SHIELD Training event, until I got to the last node of the third row and discovered my partially covered Cyclops was not high enough level to do it. But the first node in the last row is unlocked, so I can do that, right? Nope. I need at least one Rogue cover to do that node. Are you fething kidding? Nope. They're not kidding.

So I redeem my two Heart of Darkness tokens and my first reward is a Kingpin cover. No bonus hero, but it's my first cover for him since recently Champing him, so it's sort of like a bonus hero. The second reward is a Daken. Meh. Dakens are a dime a dozen.

I redeem my new Legendary token, cross my fingers aaaaand...I get a black Yondu, putting him at 0/2/0. That's nice, I guess. Doesn't feel that great though.

Edit. Not really necessary to mention but I will is that the reward for that last node of the third row which I'm locked out of is Rogue, of course. Just to rub a little more salt into the wounds.
  • MrCrabby
    MrCrabby Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as JSP869. The worst thing about it is it's not that I haven't tried to get my cyclops up it's just rng giving me the finger with only red covers (15/0/0) so I can't get him to the required level which is incredibly annoying 
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Had to run some errands after work, but was trying to keep an eye on the bracket flip spreadsheet and finish everything in time to get home and do my initial clear. 

Only problem was the updates stopped coming on the sheet. I joined 1.7 about 20 minutes after a flip was predicted, but it wasn't even close. Started at #737, finished in 48th. I feel like I'll be lucky to pull down T20.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Having a 2/0/0 Professor X with the Shield Training Event requiring him at level 94 for the next node. And that's after getting one of his covers as a bonus hero this afternoon. Even if I do get another blue, that'll only get me a couple of nodes before I run into the next gate, that neither he nor my 0/1/4 Cyclops can handle.

Particularly since all three of the required characters were vaulted for most of the time I've been playing.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Realizing after finshing my Unholy Alliance clears that it's stretched to 2 days this run :(
  • Scouseroy
    Scouseroy Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Also caught out with Prof X on the SHIELD training don't even have him so looking at that twinkling wall of rewards knowing I am stuck before the end of line 1 nice work guys why didn't you make a round 1 essential get the misery over with before hope set in
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Peaking at 873 in pvp before getting hit twice for each match I won before running out of health packs and giving up. Permanent win based progression can't get here soon enough.
  • Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    edited October 2017
    Options
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/728536/#Comment_728536

So I swapped over to my 5/3/4 Wolverine hoping to also be able to get the cover to promote it and pulled Iron Fist with a second 4* bonus hero and got Wolverine's green.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The span of time between noticing that there were only 10 minutes left in S3 and remembering that I'm playing S4 this event.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    Options
    First moment was noticing that 5* Daredevil was the essential in the Webbed Wonder PVE. Awesome, yeah... the only 5* I don't have and the newest one there is. I couldn't help but think about the wise words of Birdperson: "In bird culture, this is considered a **** move..."

But hey, you know what... I have a hoard of Latest tokens so I'll open a few and see what comes my way, right? This leads me to, my second moment for this category: opening 49 tokens and getting just 3 5* characters and only 1 (4*) BH in the process. Ugh... this RNG business is so depressing sometimes.

I know the whole 5* essential introduction is probably exactly designed to get people to open their hoards, so I fell for that one, but seeing these results I could imagine people saving up their tokens just to not feel so disappointed...  :(
  • Huntah86
    Huntah86 Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I was pushing hard in HoD and was around 15 or better the entire event. Started the final grind for the final sub about an hour and a half before ending thinking that should be plenty of time. Got caught up with a customer at work and left about 7 clears on the board (doing 7x clears each node). Finished 23rd instead of an easy t20 MAYBE T10.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,370 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pulling a purple cover for my 2/5/5 Howard.  Thanks RNG!  Someday the 33% odds will finally be in my favor.

Oh, what about the Anniversary Vault?  Chock full of Dinos!  Dear D3go:  If you want my money, put Howard in a vault sometime.  Just a thought.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    SnowcaTT said:
    SnowcaTT said:
    SnowcaTT said:
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    "Random Color" given out at end of Howard PVE.

With the two purples given out earlier, I'm at 3/3/5.

Have another purple as a daily drop in 15 days. To not waste it, I need a good PVP color and a the "Random Color" to be one of the two I need.

For DAYS, I've been dreading what it would be.

Today, I was proven right....the "Random Color" was OF COURSE purple, so I will have to toss it out and I'll also have to toss out the purple I get in 15 days since there isn't any other way to get Howard.

WHEN WILL WE GET COLORLESS COVERS. THIS IS GETTING RIDICULOUS.

(Oh, and I have no faith that your "Random" really is)

GUESS WHAT DAY IT IS D3???

Yep, it's day 1062 for me! A lovely Purple Howard for me! I mean....a pitiful 1K ISO!

Duck is back! My 3/3/5 hasn't changed!

And....we have a vault. A -SIZED EIGHTY- vault. With...apparently no other way to earn covers? And no other events to earn vault draws?

What a waste.

I PULL A DAILY TOKEN TODAY. IT IS MY SECOND TOKEN PULLED.

IT IS PURPLE HOWARD. OF COURSE. I AM NOW 3/3/8. THIS IS NOT RNG. FIX THIS.
    GUESS WHAT MY HOWARD "RNG" WAS.

MY DUCK IS NOW 3/3/9. THIS IS NOT RNG. FIX THIS.

Also "limited" characters enhance bad "rng", just like 5*'s. COLORLESS NEEDED.

MY DUCK IS NOW 3/3/10. THIS IS NOT RNG. FIX THIS.

MY DUCK IS NOW 3/3/11. THIS IS NOT RNG. FIX THIS.

ARE YOU KIDDING MEEEEEEEE
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    Pulling a purple cover for my 2/5/5 Howard.  Thanks RNG!  Someday the 33% odds will finally be in my favor.

Oh, what about the Anniversary Vault?  Chock full of Dinos!  Dear D3go:  If you want my money, put Howard in a vault sometime.  Just a thought.
    It really seems odd to me that every time Webbed Wonder rolls around:
    1) there aren't three Howards automatically in the event vault and...
    2) Howard isn't automatically boosted.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I know, first world problems and all that, but between the horribly weighting om release events and RNG doing me over with the random cover from the training event and Rogue events, mine now sits at 0/2/5.
    Place your bets on how many yellows I have to sell before I cover her.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Invested some coins so I would get the green Rogue cover from her store. I'm currently at 44/80 and still no Rogue. That was a bit of reality check, given the fact that some where very lucky and pulled her with a couple of event-earned tokens. 
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    D4Ni13 said:
    Invested some coins so I would get the green Rogue cover from her store. I'm currently at 44/80 and still no Rogue. That was a bit of reality check, given the fact that some where very lucky and pulled her with a couple of event-earned tokens. 
    Other than the daily deals, I've used only event tokens and I'm up to 18 or 19 pulled with no Rogue. I'll do a 10 pack tonight and another tomorrow if I need to, but I'm afraid my results will be similar.