Blind Justice - PvP Tournament

Options
1131415161719»

Comments

• rpmurray wrote:
    locked wrote:
    volos wrote:
    Thanos wrote:
    with less than one minute 2nd unshielded but it was too late for him. Love those down to the wire finishes.

Here's something I've been wondering: if you start a match before the tourney ends, and finish it after the 'final siren', do the points count in your final ranking?

Eg if I start a battle with <1m remaining, but the battle takes 3min to complete, does it "count"? Or is it only worthwhile if you finish the battle before the time runs out?
    The points count if you start the battle at the last minute as well. This is a double-edged sword since other people can target you at this time, too.

That's actually not quite accurate. IceIX has started before that the server begins calculating the final scores immediately after the tourney time ends. If you happen to finish in the split second before it tabulates your final total then it counts but almost always it won't count.

It definitely does not count the result of late-ending match in the tournament -- but you get the 70/140 ISO and any other thing attached to the win.

It's pretty lame, I had it happening when the base interface still claimed 2 minutes let of the tournament. And showed the match buttons -- though they disappeared on click.
  • I managed to place 3rd in my bracket after holding #1 for a little while. I fell asleep and then woke up to see someone had overtaken my score which was just under 800 with a score that was just over 800. Of course when I was going for top spot I reached the 800 mark, but then of course as soon as you collect your 70iso, you also see you've been attacked and don't get the reward. No matter, at the end of this I kept checking with some 2 hours to go (it was 03:00 am GMT and I'm in and out of slumber) then I notice that someone has come out of no where who wasn't even in the top ten to get almost 900 points. The two minute warning sounds and I say to myself:

"Do you feel lucky punk, do ya?"

Nah, 3rd is ok, I still get 2 x blue and 1 black (I actually thought it was 2 of each but it's not) so I watched the clock tick down <1 min remain and then over and out I'm safe in 3rd.

I think I shielded 3 times in total so not so bad a return I guess (can we actually say we had a ROI in this 'virtual' game?) for 3 Victor covers. So time to sleep, of course not, I go straight into Double Shot. icon_razz.gif
  • pasa_ wrote:
    rpmurray wrote:
    locked wrote:
    "volos wrote:
    with less than one minute 2nd unshielded but it was too late for him. Love those down to the wire finishes.

Here's something I've been wondering: if you start a match before the tourney ends, and finish it after the 'final siren', do the points count in your final ranking?

Eg if I start a battle with <1m remaining, but the battle takes 3min to complete, does it "count"? Or is it only worthwhile if you finish the battle before the time runs out?
    The points count if you start the battle at the last minute as well. This is a double-edged sword since other people can target you at this time, too.

That's actually not quite accurate. IceIX has started before that the server begins calculating the final scores immediately after the tourney time ends. If you happen to finish in the split second before it tabulates your final total then it counts but almost always it won't count.

It definitely does not count the result of late-ending match in the tournament -- but you get the 70/140 ISO and any other thing attached to the win.

It's pretty lame, I had it happening when the base interface still claimed 2 minutes let of the tournament. And showed the match buttons -- though they disappeared on click.[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]

Concur here... late finishes definitely do **NOT** count if you finish after the buzzer.
    If you finish very late, and after score has been finalized, you do not even see a score screen.
    If you finish just right on or just after the buzzer, you will see the score screen, as if the score counted. However, the key action here is to look at the color of the eagle symbol next to the score. If the eagle is colored (I think it was green for the last tourney), then the points count. If the eagle is greyed out, then match finished after the buzzer, and the points do not count.

One key point here is **when** the victory message is received by the server. This occurs during that animation for the "New Reward" screen, which hides the transmission to the server. This transmission must occur before the tourney clock strikes zero. If you finish the match in time, but do not transmit the win in time, you get the "grey" eagle result and the points do not count.
  • Kikujiro
    Kikujiro Posts: 157
    Options
    So this is the top 10 of my bracket 1 minute before the end of the tournament ...

Top ten
    GVdRsW8.jpg

Player 1
    7HIGhgg.jpgNT4U1Aj.jpgYR6KT3N.jpgMAJ1VCp.jpg
    Player 2
    2MNSFlL.jpgi0ZOcCk.jpg3JhIhjb.jpg
    Player 5
    020lJLd.jpgIIsjonq.jpgS5WmyrO.jpg

Also, this icon_eek.gif
    LL2SB0f.jpg
  • aussiemac
    aussiemac Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Kikujiro - you can thank MMR for this. I got 2nd and I can guarantee you would be upset to see my roster. I can understand that it would be frustrating for players with strong*** heroes to be outplaced by inferior teams. That's the core issue when teams are in the same pool for placement but not battles. So you're not battling Player 1 directly.

If D3 wants to ensure all players can be competitive and win prizes, then I'd be all for a test PvP tourney that automatically pooled players based on MMR/roster then let them compete only within their pool. I feel this would address a lot of the complaints. Also, it would be interesting to see what would happen if there was no scaling - All wins got +25 and all losses got -25. With shields, this could get out of control, but essentially it would be people of equal skill going at it and may the hardest grinder win. I think it would add a new level of excitement to know you could attack everyone you see on your leader board.
  • aussiemac wrote:
    If D3 wants to ensure all players can be competitive and win prizes, then I'd be all for a test PvP tourney that automatically pooled players based on MMR/roster then let them compete only within their pool. I feel this would address a lot of the complaints.
    Only if the different classes (weights? Puny, Strong, Heroic, Cosmic?) had entirely different awards, but that kind of segregation is what Demiurge's terribly clever but regrettably non-functional match-making and bracketing is intended to avoid.