Blind Justice - PvP Tournament

Options

Comments

• Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    Puce Moose wrote:
    908 Goodness! I hope you are currently in 1st place in your bracket, or that's a darned scary bracket.

917 now (I won +9 while shielded) I am first, but I have a few folks right on my tail...It's going to be an interesting last few hours as I'm starting to run out of opponents with decent points to to give.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    Spencer75 wrote:
    There is more competition in my bracket than I expected. I'm at 908 now, that's the most I've ever put up in a pvp...I think it's going to take more than that to win this suddenly active bracket.

I'm with you in this bracket, crazy active!

You have me worried, and I think you'll eventually take the top spot from me. I'm running out of opponents over 15 points.
  • Trying to make myself at least reach 300 for the heroic, but don't know if I can with such a low level DD
  • I'm going through fighting OBW teams. Casting Berserker Rage putting Hulk in front and letting her Espionage me for crazy cascades...man I'm bored.
  • This happen to anybody else, where the top 10 in yoir bracket, the highest level character they have is a level 50 Thor

Guess the PVE type of balancing is making its ugly head in PvP as well
  • They must have made some hidden changes to the points system if everyone is saying that top 10 is hovering around 600-700. My guess is that equilibrium points is somewhere around 600 now, and that ~1k would be considered "very high" under this new system.

I don't see any change to the point system. I'm guessing these guys just aren't getting attacked at all. If there was some tweak that made you lose less points, we'd have seen people hitting way over 1000+ by now.
  • Spencer75
    Options
    Spencer75 wrote:
    There is more competition in my bracket than I expected. I'm at 908 now, that's the most I've ever put up in a pvp...I think it's going to take more than that to win this suddenly active bracket.

I'm with you in this bracket, crazy active!

You have me worried, and I think you'll eventually take the top spot from me. I'm running out of opponents over 15 points.

Poncho3 is lurking as well...it's a pretty difficult bracket

Good luck to you
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    They must have made some hidden changes to the points system if everyone is saying that top 10 is hovering around 600-700. My guess is that equilibrium points is somewhere around 600 now, and that ~1k would be considered "very high" under this new system.

I don't see any change to the point system. I'm guessing these guys just aren't getting attacked at all. If there was some tweak that made you lose less points, we'd have seen people hitting way over 1000+ by now.

Maybe this is just my first time experiencing a competitive bracket in a while: I haven't seen the top 10 on the last day be 700+ in a long time: it's always been 500+ for my brackets.
  • This happen to anybody else, where the top 10 in yoir bracket, the highest level character they have is a level 50 Thor

My guess here is the change to include the Desert stage, with its incredibly generous Oasis environmental. Abusing Oasis is allowing pretty much every team to mow over everyone else. New teams are steamrolling with MStorm "chain of dooms", mid-tier with the usual two who love green, and upper-tier with Patch annihilation of opposing teams with old-school speed.
  • Phantron wrote:

In the previous tournaments, once you passed 300 pts or so you would always lose equal points to what your attacker would gain. (ie. you're at 500, someone at 400 attacks you and win, he gains 30 pts, you lose 30 pts). Below that limit, you would lose fewer points (ie you're at 300, someone at 200 attacks you and win, he gains 30 pts, you lose 20 pts).

For this tourney they seem to have raised the threshold at which this happens to at least 500 pts. When I has in the 490-470 pts range, I was losing 17 or 19 pts to attackers who had 350-400 pts themselves, since they must've gotten >25pts for attacking someone with higher points than them. This results in more points generated than lost, so more points to go around for everyone and inflated scores.
  • Lyrian wrote:
    This happen to anybody else, where the top 10 in yoir bracket, the highest level character they have is a level 50 Thor

My guess here is the change to include the Desert stage, with its incredibly generous Oasis environmental. Abusing Oasis is allowing pretty much every team to mow over everyone else. New teams are steamrolling with MStorm "chain of dooms", mid-tier with the usual two who love green, and upper-tier with Patch annihilation of opposing teams with old-school speed.

Suppose that's true. Will have to try that one myself
  • 2nd place has 15 characters and I'm just screwing around "stealing" his 4*Wolvie. I'm putting in the tank team folks. Bagman at your service. Let's see how fast we fall from 950
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    dammit why can't I see your tank team. I just see Wolvie and Hulk!
  • everyone must want those doom covers icon_e_sad.gif had to shield at 588 points which left me in 10th spot, gonna take a chance and unshield when my health packs come back hopefully stay in the top 15. damn this is torture.
  • Twysta
    Options
    Here we go!
  • Koolbiird wrote:
    2nd place has 15 characters and I'm just screwing around "stealing" his 4*Wolvie. I'm putting in the tank team folks. Bagman at your service. Let's see how fast we fall from 950

I see the bagman. Haha. 10 mins too early for me... Still gonna hit em anyway. Hilarious seeing them in there.
  • Kev42 wrote:
    Koolbiird wrote:
    2nd place has 15 characters and I'm just screwing around "stealing" his 4*Wolvie. I'm putting in the tank team folks. Bagman at your service. Let's see how fast we fall from 950

I see the bagman. Haha. 10 mins too early for me... Still gonna hit em anyway. Hilarious seeing them in there.

Free points my friend!
  • ...and off we go... the 3hr marker rush has started.
  • Twysta is hitting the Bagman hard lol
  • Twysta
    Options
    great my game crashed while I was fighting koolbird =[
    That said that DD ambush whacked two of my guys.