Blind Justice - PvP Tournament

Options

Comments

• DD-The-Mighty
    DD-The-Mighty Posts: 350 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    beemand2g wrote:
    win 2 matches gain 40 points, get attacked and lose 46, pointless exercise.
    "When you're at the top there is only one way to go..."
  • beemand2g wrote:

I wouldn't consider myself at the top just yet. Mid range
  • DD-The-Mighty
    Options
    beemand2g wrote:
    beemand2g wrote:

I wouldn't consider myself at the top just yet. Mid range
    mid huh? interesting. Did you lose 46 points from a single attack?
  • yep one attack, I need to start tanking in other tournaments I guess. Nothing surprises me with MPQ anymore.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just shielded at 696. That's (currently) fourth in my bracket. I need blue Doom covers and hopefully that score will net me at least top fifteen for one cover.

Two separate times during my run I got popup notifications that I was attacked where the same player was listed as having hit me twice during that span of time. And apparently when this happens, you only get one retaliation against the other player. The second time this happened the other guy was above me in points and I would have really liked having two shots at them.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think I've peaked too soon, I'm sat in 5th with 737 and I'm the only one in the top 10 (in my bracket) that is unshielded.
    I don't intend on putting up a shield for a couple of hours yet either. =[
    I don't remember seeing anyone in the top 20 unshielded either thinking about it while I was climbing... maybe one other at most.
  • Somebody called 'gaygaygay' must be blowing money like crazy in my bracket. He's just jumped past me into first, got a whack more covers, and his Punisher went from 91-97. Not good.
  • I'm in clear first in my bracket but no point in shielding, especially since other than X Force my goal is some HP.
  • Decided not to shield today and currently sitting in 13th with 488 points with one attack which got me an extra 36 points. I am very surprised nobody has tried attacking yet. Been sitting there for couple hours now. Another hour to go and I can start pushing up the table. Got a 100 points lined up already so hopefully I can make the top 5. Either way ill be happy with one doom cover rather than 3 moonstone lol
  • DD-The-Mighty
    Options
    Decided not to shield today and currently sitting in 13th with 488 points with one attack which got me an extra 36 points. I am very surprised nobody has tried attacking yet. Been sitting there for couple hours now. Another hour to go and I can start pushing up the table. Got a 100 points lined up already so hopefully I can make the top 5. Either way ill be happy with one doom cover rather than 3 moonstone lol
    Oh the attacks are coming. Still got 4 hours or so left.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yep the feeding frenzy (if there's one this time around - hopefully it won't be quite as ravenous as for Spiderman/Patch covers) will probably begin around 3 hours before the end, when the cheap shield will cover you.
    I'm at 596 with 16th place, but my shield is about to go - not sure I timed this very well. >.<

Ha! That's a first - I successfully defended a Shield match, and it pushed me up to the next reward. Pleased to meet you, 100 ISO, err, I mean, Modern Black Widow Cover.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm at 649 @ 22nd icon_e_sad.gif
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    There is more competition in my bracket than I expected. I'm at 908 now, that's the most I've ever put up in a pvp...I think it's going to take more than that to win this suddenly active bracket.
  • PuceMoose
    Options
    908 Goodness! I hope you are currently in 1st place in your bracket, or that's a darned scary bracket.
  • Jumped into an early bracket, that was a huge mistake....

Bracket leader is currently shielded at 974, looks like 750 minimum is going to be needed for 5th place, 675-700 for 15th. Ouch... icon_eek.gif

Fun facts: Bracket leader has a 4/4/5 130 DD.... icon_e_surprised.gif

2nd Place is a newbie account, but is rocking a 4/4/4 72 DD icon_e_surprised.gif

4th place has 750 points and has a 36 patch as their highest level character.... How??? icon_e_surprised.gif
  • PuceMoose
    Options
    Before the slaughter begins, a question about teams; I have a fairly mid-level team, with viable options (in addition to my own 15 red Daredevil or the default 15 one) being:
    Thor 82
    Wolverine 82
    Classic Storm 80
    Grey Suit Widow 83
    OBW 70

I've been having the best luck winning with Thor & Wolverine, but I wonder if a different combination might be at least... slightly? less likely to get slaughtered - I think I have only successfully defended once the whole tournament.
  • Lyrian wrote:
    Jumped into an early bracket, that was a huge mistake....

Bracket leader is currently shielded at 974, looks like 750 minimum is going to be needed for 5th place, 675-700 for 15th. Ouch... icon_eek.gif

Fun facts: Bracket leader has a 4/4/5 130 DD.... icon_e_surprised.gif

2nd Place is a newbie account, but is rocking a 4/4/4 72 DD icon_e_surprised.gif

4th place has 750 points and has a 36 patch as their highest level character.... How??? icon_e_surprised.gif

4. Extremely kind MMR range.

And the higher brackets this time is likely due to them raising the limit on when you lose fewer points, so more points to go around for everyone. Skipping through opponents and I've already found 2 with higher than 1k points.
  • Spencer75
    Options
    There is more competition in my bracket than I expected. I'm at 908 now, that's the most I've ever put up in a pvp...I think it's going to take more than that to win this suddenly active bracket.

I'm with you in this bracket, crazy active!
  • Top in my bracket is 1008. Weak, weak, weak roster, too. Whoever it is has been burning shields like crazy, though. They want green Wolvie baaaaad. I'm sure not going to spend another 500+ HP in shields to catch him, though - I've got 3 green for 4* Wolvie and I'm not sure if I want 4 or 5 until they announce his buffs.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They must have made some hidden changes to the points system if everyone is saying that top 10 is hovering around 600-700. My guess is that equilibrium points is somewhere around 600 now, and that ~1k would be considered "very high" under this new system.