Blind Justice - PvP Tournament

NorthernPolarity
NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
Buffed Daredevil tournament. Something interesting to note is that the progression rewards have once again been changed back to their original values of 1400 for IW. Has anyone even seen anyone break 1k points with this new system?

Rank 1 - green x-force wolvie
Rank 2-5 - 2x blue, black doom
Rank 6-15 - blue, black doom
Rank 16-45 - black doom
Rank 46-75 - red/black/purple moonstone
Rank 76-150 - black/purple moonstone
Rank 151-200 - purple moonstone
Rank 201-250 - Recruit x3 + 250 iso
Rank 251-300 - Recruit x2 +250 iso
Rank 301-400 - Recruit + 250 iso
Rank 401-500 - 250 Iso

Progression
25 - Recruit
50 - 500iso
100 - +3 all stockpile
200 - 250 Iso
300 - Recruit (fearless)
400 - 250 iso
500 - 50hp
600 - 500 Iso
700 - cap red
800 - 500 iso
900- 1000 iso
1000 - 50 hp
1100 - 1000 iso
1200 - purple daredevil
1300 - 1000 iso
1400 - blue IW

Comments

• This tourney will perfectly finish my Doom. Not that I ever plan to use em.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Prog rewards decreased to 1400. Could be achieved with lot of community effort...
  • Saw your post, I'll avoid posting mine to not double post.

Add this interesting info to your OP please.

Stockpile rainbow +3 at 100 progression
    At the top of progression... 1200 DD Purple, 1300 1000 ISO. 1400 IW Blue
    Bottom right node on the PvP screen is now the desert stage, not the city stage
    Flavor text from "Event Rules" screen: "Beat 500 opponents and you could win Wolvering (X-Force)" - How does this work in reality?
  • poomermon
    poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    I'm starting to regret not grinding for that daredevil cover when it was possible. Not that a single daredevil would make any difference here without many covers and levelling.
  • radiopy
    radiopy Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Is "too_many_pants" a new bot? He just showed up on my seed teams. It's clearly a bot, just curious if I had seen one before.
  • poomermon
    poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    Lyrian wrote:
    Flavor text from "Event Rules" screen: "Beat 500 opponents and you could win Wolvering (X-Force)" - How does this work in reality?

I think that just means that the brackets are for 500 players each and the top price is Wolvie.
  • turul wrote:
    Prog rewards decreased to 1400. Could be achieved with lot of community effort...

No way. 1400 was very hard to get back in the days of the old scoring system. That was with boosts and pre-nerf Rag helping you chew through enemies in under a minute.

Even 1200 required a bit of luck and tenacity to reach.
  • Unless people start shielding like the Elite tournaments you're still not going to get anything above 1000 and even 1000 would require extended playing while everyone else is asleep.

But at least they're starting to adjust those numbers.
  • Feel like we should've had DD as one more event reward before having a tourney featuring him.

Mine has 1 of each cover except red (which I got lucky, he has 3 of those!), I'm really hoping this doesn't mean we won't get a second run of Thor's event (which I didn't like, but it would mean in turn that we'll see another No Holds Barred with the last Hood covers I so desperately want!). Given how bad the PvE structure of the two daredevil-rewarding events were, I'm... whatever, it's been done. At least I'll have a leg up on the competition in general.
  • poomermon wrote:
    Lyrian wrote:

I think that just means that the brackets are for 500 players each and the top price is Wolvie.

That makes sense.
  • NorthernPolarity
    Toxicadam wrote:
    turul wrote:

No way. 1400 was very hard to get back in the days of the old scoring system. That was with boosts and pre-nerf Rag helping you chew through enemies in under a minute.

I doubt its obtainable with invisible shields. I remember even 1k being challenging to reach due to retaliations. What we would need to do is coordinate something such that we queue up an attack on someone, they shield, we attack for points, and repeat that process. Seems too difficult.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kamahl-FoK wrote:
    I'm really hoping this doesn't mean we won't get a second run of Thor's event (which I didn't like, but it would mean in turn that we'll see another No Holds Barred with the last Hood covers I so desperately want!).

I reckon it'll probably run after the wolvie event is finished.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    turul wrote:

I doubt its obtainable with invisible shields. I remember even 1k being challenging to reach due to retaliations. What we would need to do is coordinate something such that we queue up an attack on someone, they shield, we attack for points, and repeat that process. Seems too difficult.
    One thing MMR does do successfully, if possibly the only thing, is make this kind of planned collusion more trouble than most people could face. Although people who are topped out could do it, in principle. Match fixing scandals ahoy!
  • Gigas Breaker
    Gigas Breaker Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Daredevil ewwwww. I guess everybody will find out whether traps are any good on defense.
  • radiopy
    radiopy Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    When the AI uses ambush, that is scary as hell given the damage.
  • Ambush basiclaly hoses a team that relies on red to attack, which is like, almost every team out there. Sure you can just hope they never get enough to use Ambush, but at 7 red, that's pretty hard to deny consistently. Looking at the PvE games I've played, the trap isn't always placed in a dangerous spot, but that sure won't make you feel better when you're facing him when you don't get to see where they are.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not actually all that keen on the stockpile reward at 100, I'd rather a token.
    But considering it's worth 100HP these days, it's only a minor personal gripe. Guess I'm just going to have to use some of those 10 that's sitting in my inventory. I can't wait til they increase it. 10 max is ludicrously low.
  • Only need Blue Doom, so ill try this one with about 6 hours left and try to grind top 15
  • Gigas Breaker
    Gigas Breaker Posts: 86 Match Maker
    I just won with 72 Patch, 15 Daredevil, and 1 Yelena. Git'em boys!
  • NorthernPolarity
    Twysta wrote:
    I'm not actually all that keen on the stockpile reward at 100, I'd rather a token.
    But considering it's worth 100HP these days, it's only a minor personal gripe. Guess I'm just going to have to use some of those 10 that's sitting in my inventory. I can't wait til they increase it. 10 max is ludicrously low.

I think it's pretty smart: having this reward makes it so that the player base isn't completely starved on +3 alls, and since they know that this reward exists probably for all future tournaments, they can use the +3 all strategically as the devs intended.