Blind Justice - PvP Tournament

Options

Comments

• Kelbris wrote:
    Yeah I uh

Got the 300 token

Yellow bags

Snap!
  • Isn't it a little early for a Daredevil boosted Tourney? Even if people have him at level 30ish, he really isn't that great, especially since all his damage dealing rely on traps that the AI never seem to EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER hit.
  • Thanos wrote:
    Veracity wrote:

At least when this is underway someone will be able to tell me what happens to a trap that's triggered while the Daredevil who owns it is stunned. That's been worrying me, and I don't recall it being investigated in his character thread, though someone might know from Oscorp by now, come to think of it.

Strangely enough, it still triggers.

Just see it as it would be real... If an opposing force is stunned or wrapped in a rope and you hit an IED (improvised explosive device), what would you think what happens? When talking about traps it sounds logical that it's totally irrelevant if the trap owner is stunned or not, you will trigger it or disarm it icon_e_wink.gif
  • Trying to figure out a team that doesn't waste colors, but I really can't. I'll probably run Patch / OBW. I could nominally run Patch / Loki, but I'd have no way to steal (aside from DD's purple....ahahahaha). If my Hood were decently leveled, I'd run Patch / Hood, but he's capped at 30, which would just make me queue bait.
  • Gigas Breaker
    Gigas Breaker Posts: 86 Match Maker
    Options
    I just won with 72 Patch, 15 Daredevil, and 1 Yelena. Git'em boys!
    No guys. I'm supposed to lose. How did I reach the 500 iso award?
  • I just won with 72 Patch, 15 Daredevil, and 1 Yelena. Git'em boys!

Lol. I *love* successful defense messages, but I suppose they suck if you're trying to tank.

Thing is, a Patch that high can accidentally kill a team on defense quite easily. He can accidentally kill himself, too, but it becomes a coin flip at a certain point. All depends on the strength of the attacker's team, too, of course.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Modern storm on desert - disturbingly good....
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Daredevil vs Daredevil trap cascades are rather confusing. I can imagine some of the dialog of the enemy team.

PUNISHER: Spiderman, why did you go after that labtoken match? There was a blacktoken match right nearby, and I could have used that. We're in a freaking lab with traps on red, blue, and labtokens, and ya went for the labtokens. You unworthy idiot. You let them drain our power again! As if the Hood wasn't bad enough.
    SPIDERMAN: Okay, okay ... here, I'll get some red for you. (Punisher flinches, with a "what did I just tell you?" look)
    DAREDEVIL: Thanks! (Sets another trap). There! I've set up 6 traps now, the intruders are sure to trigger one of them.

My team
    DAREDEVIL: With that extra power, I can set 3 more traps! (sets more traps)
    HOOD: Yeah, they're drained pretty good. I'll just grab these yellow on the bottom.
    PATCH: No! Not that one! It's a cascade!

But it's too late... the cascade starts. Red trap, blue trap, drain trap. Trap, trap, trap, trap.

DAREDEVIL: Several of those traps weren't mine. Is everyone okay?
    HOOD: (barely standing) Next time, I'm going with the fishnet gal, I swear. Screw you guys.
    PATCH: Suck it up. I'm sitting on 20 green here, I'll drag you out if ya go down. Looks like the enemy Spiderman and Daredevil are dead, and their Punisher is stunned for 4 rounds. Should I put him out of his misery?
    DAREDEVIL: I want to set more traps first. I like traps. Did I ever tell you how much I like traps? That cascade lets me set a lot more traps!
    HOOD: If you won't take him out, I will. (Fires revolvers, which leads to cascades, killing him.)
    DAREDEVIL: Hood, no! (Another trap kills Daredevil)

PATCH watches as Hood and Daredevil go down amidst more traps. He finishes off the enemy Punisher and leaves.
  • I don't really need any of the rewards (except maybe a 5th X-Force) so I'll probably play for ISO and to have fun with DD but not worry about placement.

Going for the 1200 progression would be nice but I don't think it's possible.
  • DD-The-Mighty
    DD-The-Mighty Posts: 350 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    jozier wrote:
    I don't really need any of the rewards (except maybe a 5th X-Force) so I'll probably play for ISO and to have fun with DD but not worry about placement.
    I feel you. But for what they charge, I'd better get 3 DD covers in each colour.
  • jozier wrote:
    I don't really need any of the rewards (except maybe a 5th X-Force) so I'll probably play for ISO and to have fun with DD but not worry about placement.
    I feel you. But for what they charge, I'd better get 3 DD covers in each colour.

Wrong thread, this is the DD tournament thread. I'm totally undecided on joining No Holds Barred elite.

I'm missing 2-3 IW covers, 2 X Force covers, one Hulk cover, 8 DD covers, and a couple Rag/C Mag covers.

That's it from the entire roster. So I really don't know that winning a bunch of covers is all that beneficial to me.
  • radiopy
    radiopy Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Daredevil is interesting on defense. Cascades lead to traps, and when the opponent puts a trap in there, I get really, really nervous.

I had traps on two reds, and the AI connected three, leading to a double-kick death to a Hulk.
  • Are people finding it hard to deny Daredevil, even when running OBW? Also, I would expect to run into at least a few single- or two-color Daredevils. I haven't entered the tourney yet, but my initial queue has lvl 15 red-only Daredevils in it.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I havent seen an enemy DD manag to put down a trap icon_e_smile.gif
    And i dont target him first...
  • radiopy
    radiopy Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    wathombe wrote:
    Are people finding it hard to deny Daredevil, even when running OBW? Also, I would expect to run into at least a few single- or two-color Daredevils. I haven't entered the tourney yet, but my initial queue has lvl 15 red-only Daredevils in it.

But are those seed teams? I'm running a 1/0/2 level 28 Daredevil out there. So far, Hulk and OBW work okay with him, but would be interested to see other teams.

I have a feeling Daken or Wolvie are going to be popular to throw strike tiles down to disarm the red traps.
  • radiopy wrote:
    wathombe wrote:
    Are people finding it hard to deny Daredevil, even when running OBW? Also, I would expect to run into at least a few single- or two-color Daredevils. I haven't entered the tourney yet, but my initial queue has lvl 15 red-only Daredevils in it.

But are those seed teams? I'm running a 1/0/2 level 28 Daredevil out there. So far, Hulk and OBW work okay with him, but would be interested to see other teams.

I have a feeling Daken or Wolvie are going to be popular to throw strike tiles down to disarm the red traps.

They aren't the usual seed teams, no. My MMR is a touch too high from the Wolvie tournament, I think.

I don't think I'm going to bother leveling my DD for this. Lvl 30 vs. lvl 20 isn't going to make a difference, and I'm going to want to use my red with Patch and my blue/purple with OBW anyway. DD is just going to be cargo.
  • I just won with 72 Patch, 15 Daredevil, and 1 Yelena. Git'em boys!
    People are killing the easy targets first still, aren't they? They should put the description of Best There Is on one of those login splash screens, or something.
    My Spidey got stunned for 7 turns by Daredevil. It is definitely deserved and I laughed after it happened.
    Oh, that is glorious. I'm taking my Spidey in there to do that even if I have to lose to see it.
  • All,

With thanks to IceIX, here is the list of what's available in Blind Justice's associated cover set "Fearless".

Feel free to let people know. There's a Google Doc with multiple people that feed it data on purchased packs floating around out there anyway, so it's not like it's confidential. And even if it were, we couldn't keep it secret anyway.

Ares
    Black Widow (Original)
    Bullseye
    Captain America
    Daken
    Daredevil
    Hawkeye (Modern)
    Invisible Woman
    Magneto (Marvel NOW!)
    Moonstone
    Spider-Man (Bag-Man)
    Storm (Classic)
    Thor
    Wolverine (Astonishing)
    Wolverine (X-Force)

GL to you brawlers this weekend!
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Daredevil, Hood, Modern Storm is a surprisingly good rainbow team.

The major drawback to Hood's drain power is environment tiles. Storm can clear them away. In the jungle or desert, that has nice side benefits. Also, she's the master at disarming traps with her Black.

Hood/Storm build up lots of power while keeping the enemy low on power. Meanwhile, Daredevil sets of lots of traps.

Just took out a maxed Hulk and BWGS team, and a Spiderman Patch team. Lots of people are pairing Spiderman with Daredevil, which doesn't seem right.

Main drawback is lack of a healer, of course.
  • IHatePVP wrote:
    All,

With thanks to IceIX, here is the list of what's available in Blind Justice's associated cover set "Fearless".

Feel free to let people know. There's a Google Doc with multiple people that feed it data on purchased packs floating around out there anyway, so it's not like it's confidential. And even if it were, we couldn't keep it secret anyway.

Ares
    Black Widow (Original)
    Bullseye
    Captain America
    Daken
    Daredevil
    Hawkeye (Modern)
    Invisible Woman
    Magneto (Marvel NOW!)
    Moonstone
    Spider-Man (Bag-Man)
    Storm (Classic)
    Thor
    Wolverine (Astonishing)
    Wolverine (X-Force)

GL to you brawlers this weekend!

So pretty much what you're saying is all that everybody will get is Bagman and Moonstone.