Blind Justice - PvP Tournament

Options

Comments

• Kikujiro wrote:
    I'm on a lucky day.

Just pressed the fight button to enter a 35 points match and the game spit me out to my home screen. After I' ve started the game again the node battle is different, 16 points. Skip, skip, skip, 24 points, well this might work, enter select team screen.

****, my whole team is injured ? Then I realize that I've fewer tournament points than before icon_redface.gif

Yeah. I think the system chalks it up as a loss for you.
  • Kikujiro wrote:
    I'm on a lucky day.

Just pressed the fight button to enter a 35 points match and the game spit me out to my home screen. After I' ve started the game again the node battle is different, 16 points. Skip, skip, skip, 24 points, well this might work, enter select team screen.

****, my whole team is injured ? Then I realize that I've fewer tournament points than before icon_redface.gif

Yeah, crashes count as a defeat/retreat icon_e_sad.gif
    You lose the fight + all your characters lose 1/3 of their health.
  • Damn..that was expensive. .50k iso to bring him up 40 levels. Am gonna try patch and punisher to see how I like the combo.
    It's not great, but it's (I would think) all a lot of relatively recent starters have the covers to level way up, and it's usable. You're not using Punisher just for Molotov there, since if you're playing without someone specifically to mitigate it and can't get a safe layout for Berserker Rage, you can fall back to Judgement and win a little slower. And Retribution is a lot cheaper than Best There Is, so might get used situationally. On defense it amounts to a degree of redundancy, like Ares and Thor v1, but at least P&P together will always do something worthwhile if they get some green, unlike either of them with Hulk. Obvious weakness is modest HP for 3*, regen aside. Outside featured character situations, if you're not Spider-Manning I'd probably like Battery Anthony as a third, but at least some seem keen on Hulk there.

It occurred to me that for anyone using Daredevil as dead weight - so nearly everyone - you might be better off using the level 15 loaner than your level 28 or whatever ****. At least he's missing most of his skills, so the AI won't use them instead of something good.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Veracity wrote:
    It occurred to me that for anyone using Daredevil as dead weight - so nearly everyone - you might be better off using the level 15 loaner than your level 28 or whatever ****. At least he's missing most of his skills, so the AI won't use them instead of something good.
    Nope I usually run my own DD since the one they give has a much worse purple than 3purple oBW. I need AP stealing exactly when I need it, not when the AI randomly matches env. tiles.

Does mStorm overwrite DD's traps with attack tiles? Or Punisher with his? DD is already so situational and weak against Daken, mStorm and many others.
  • DirigiblePilot
    DirigiblePilot Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    locked wrote:
    Veracity wrote:
    Nope I usually run my own DD since the one they give has a much worse purple than 3purple oBW. I need AP stealing exactly when I need it, not when the AI randomly matches env. tiles.

Does mStorm overwrite DD's traps with attack tiles? Or Punisher with his? DD is already so situational and weak against Daken, mStorm and many others.

Yes and yes. He is severely weakened against about half the cast, or more- anyone with tile destruction or special tile creation.
  • Fairly lame tournament. Usual team features a lv. 15 DD who is useless, I have a lv. 18 who is also useless. If you don't get top 45 you are stuck with Moonstone covers. Not that Dr. Doom is that useful either. I'm going to get the 300 pt. token and then quit most likely. If I can't get to top 45, I'd rather finish in top 250 and get the 3 standard tokens. At least then you have a (pretty small) chance of getting something useful.

Awful weekend for puzzle quest. No PvE, **** PvP tourney, and a buy-in tourney. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • The desert level with Grey Widow has been great fun. Helps me get off two sniper shots in a shorter amount of time.
  • Damn..that was expensive. .50k iso to bring him up 40 levels. Am gonna try patch and punisher to see how I like the combo.

Should work fine for offense. For defense I think to put up Patch/OBW/Spidey. Should be good scare factor (not counting those approaching with like mirror) or point generator.

I left the game few hours ago at 390 pts with stock DD/Patch 67 (just dumped all my spare ISO too), Spiderman 75 -- got two attacks -13 and +25, taking me over 400 while away. LOL.

I recall myself losing to a like team, was shooting the support guys leaving Patch alone as regenerates -- turned out suboptimal strategy as alone it has all the tiles and shot my tank to hell with red and finished off the rest.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Impossible to progress beyond 900, as for now...
  • Kikujiro wrote:
    I'm on a lucky day.

If you lose connect during game it counts as retreat with everything that brings. (Would be an easy exploit otherwise.)
  • Alright, I got the 50 HP and 500 Iso and now I'm putting in Bagman.
  • I can't find a battle over 10 points.
  • joshvox wrote:
    Fairly lame tournament. Usual team features a lv. 15 DD who is useless, I have a lv. 18 who is also useless. If you don't get top 45 you are stuck with Moonstone covers. Not that Dr. Doom is that useful either. I'm going to get the 300 pt. token and then quit most likely. If I can't get to top 45, I'd rather finish in top 250 and get the 3 standard tokens. At least then you have a (pretty small) chance of getting something useful.

Wouldn't be too much surprised if ~300 was enough for top45. And why shoot low, 3 tokens = 3x100 ISO. At 46th you sell 3x125 and get 50 HP on the back.

I'll not redeem the token until it converts to regular heroic -- same 125 ISO on legs but why not bump the odd chance a little.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Koolbiird wrote:
    Alright, I got the 50 HP and 500 Iso and now I'm putting in Bagman.
    Huh, you were #1 on my bracket a minute ago. Also #1 in the Elite tourney.
  • locked wrote:
    Koolbiird wrote:
    Alright, I got the 50 HP and 500 Iso and now I'm putting in Bagman.
    Huh, you were #1 on my bracket a minute ago. Also #1 in the Elite tourney.

I don't need the covers. Farming Iso and getting the Hero points. I'll fall in the 300s and do it again.
  • So, I have a question. I took my higher level 2* characters up to grab 300 pts and get the token, and then switched to my set of underleveled 3* characters to tank a loss.

So I'm sitting there at ~300 points, with a team that has its highest level in the 30's. Am I defending only with the team that last -won- a match, or that last -fought- a match? Because next to nobody has been attacking me!
  • pasa_ wrote:
    I left the game few hours ago at 390 pts with stock DD/Patch 67 (just dumped all my spare ISO too), Spiderman 75 -- got two attacks -13 and +25, taking me over 400 while away. LOL.

And it keeps coming -- just logged in to look at the elite standing, attack news: -11 -13 +26 for net of +2. Probably works even better than a lvl100 one, people show less than due respect to puny 67+75+15 teamup. icon_e_smile.gif
  • starsrift wrote:
    So, I have a question. I took my higher level 2* characters up to grab 300 pts and get the token, and then switched to my set of underleveled 3* characters to tank a loss.

So I'm sitting there at ~300 points, with a team that has its highest level in the 30's. Am I defending only with the team that last -won- a match, or that last -fought- a match? Because next to nobody has been attacking me!

You have to win a match with the team you want to use as your tank team.
  • starsrift wrote:
    So, I have a question. I took my higher level 2* characters up to grab 300 pts and get the token, and then switched to my set of underleveled 3* characters to tank a loss.

We don't really know, due to the difficulty of figuring this out (you can't easily ask someone who just attacked you who they saw, and you certainly can't ask the guys who skipped you what they saw), but we think it's the last team that won a match. It used to be the last team you played a match (losing is fine), but seeing there's no obvious tank team anymore while people are still trying to tank, we can rule that out as a possibility. It can still be something else (say, the team you won the most with), but at that point it's pretty much impossible to verify.
  • DirigiblePilot
    DirigiblePilot Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This tournament has been very interesting for me. I have 65 OBW, 53 Ares, which is a little above average for my bracket (but only a little.)
    But I also have 43 Daredevil (no money spent) because I got 1 of each color from TaT, 1 purple from Oscorp Assault Team token pull, and another purple from Fearless token pull. I think a high-level Daredevil is more of a deterrent than most think(especially to those not on the forums) because of how scary that red is, even only at level 1, and his buffed HP.
    I only got attacked twice overnight; one was a -5, the other a -12. And I got attacked just once this morning (so far) for plus 23.
    Cool.