Blind Justice - PvP Tournament

Options

Comments

• ragthor wrote:
    qtquazar wrote:
    Don't remember your team. Who are you fielding?
    128 iron man 101 gbw 38dd

Didn't I lose one to you? Two of my four losses so far came down to final Sniper hits from GSBWs. The others were (predictably) Thor Cascade-o-trons.
  • Kikujiro
    Kikujiro Posts: 157
    Options
    qtquazar wrote:
    Yeah, i see you on my rotation: 637, unshielded. Good luck; I'm high 700s now so no advantage to hitting you.

I want to fight Spencer75 who's sitting at 695, as he's holding a 111 Magneto and a 141 Hood (THAT sounds like a delightfully painful fight), but doing so probably wouldn't bode well for my ranking.

edit: Oop, 679, you're climbing again. Guess you're not reading this board icon_e_smile.gif

I was making a push to 800 but I´m short on HP to use a 24h shield. After reaching 812 two attacks in a few minutes take me to 2nd place at 716. I still have 4 health packs but I´m getting sleepy, 5:50 AM here.

Tomorrow I´ll make another push aiming for 2-5, farming ISO in the meantime. Don´t hold back icon_e_wink.gif

Edit: Spencer75 is in my MMR as well, seen him several times. If he is in your bracket I could try to take him down before I pass out xD

One more edit: He is a forum member too, so I retract icon_razz.gif
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    Kikujiro wrote:
    qtquazar wrote:
    Yeah, i see you on my rotation: 637, unshielded. Good luck; I'm high 700s now so no advantage to hitting you.

I want to fight Spencer75 who's sitting at 695, as he's holding a 111 Magneto and a 141 Hood (THAT sounds like a delightfully painful fight), but doing so probably wouldn't bode well for my ranking.

edit: Oop, 679, you're climbing again. Guess you're not reading this board icon_e_smile.gif

I was making a push to 800 but I´m short on HP to use a 24h shield. After reaching 812 two attacks in a few minutes take me to 2nd place at 716. I still have 4 health packs but I´m getting sleepy, 5:50 AM here.

Tomorrow I´ll make another push aiming for 2-5, farming ISO in the meantime. Don´t hold back icon_e_wink.gif

Edit: Spencer75 is in my MMR as well, seen him several times. If he is in your bracket I could try to take him down before I pass out xD

One more edit: He is a forum member too, so I retract icon_razz.gif

Spencer75 is in my bracket, they are currently 4th at 667. I'm sitting in first somewhat comfortably at 813...feel free to knock them down a little bit. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • I'm sitting at 850 now and that should be it for me in this tourney. I'll be pretty choked if that doesn't carry it, given the kind of teams that are in my Top 10 (although that has no practical bearing, sadly)
  • jozier wrote:
    Yeah I regret going 4/4/4 so far (ultimately 4/4/5) with Hulk. Would have preferred 5/3/5.

Mhee..the difference is trivial at best.I went 4/4/5 just because hulk isn't there for his one green usually but rather someone else's (punisher, any wolverine, gsbw, etc). Not that his green is bad though. It's decent enough.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Whoa! 3 Defensive Wins in a row just netted me +64 points and the 50 HP progression reward.
    Hurray!

This puts me into top 20 too.
    My most successful defensive record comes at the hands of the very liberal DD.
  • Quite the gap at the top of my bracket. The five of us are a good 100+ above sixth place. We'll see if that sticks, but as of right now it's just a matter of ordering. For a brief moment there were four of us within 8 points. It should be an interesting day tomorrow.

I'm still amazed my teams work as well as they do considering my character levels. Everyone's below Lv60, I'll go with Patch/Daken or Thor/Juggs with DD. Quick, queued up attacks in between shields. Building ISO is not easy, and currently i'm pumping ISO into Classic Storm, who isn't even good enough for dabbling in my main rotation yet. Work in progress.
  • Feyda
    Feyda Posts: 105
    Options
    Kind of amusing tidbit, I've won the last 3 defensive battles in a row for almost 70 points gained (back up to 733 points) icon_eek.gif. I just found this really funny since its the opposite of what I usually log in to.

Running 85 ares, 85 OBW, and stock DD that comes with the tourney.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Twysta wrote:
    Whoa! 3 Defensive Wins in a row just netted me +64 points and the 50 HP progression reward.
    Hurray!

This puts me into top 20 too.
    My most successful defensive record comes at the hands of the very liberal DD.

What is your defense team?
  • Twysta
    Options
    I fought people using
    100 5/3/5 Pun + 75 4/4/4 Spidey
    100 3/5/5 Patch + Spidey
    And then before I stopped I fought my last match to have Pun and patch as my defending duo supporting DD.

My DD is
    40 2/1/2
  • Can someone tell me if the prices of Shields in this tourney is normal, or inflated?
  • Twysta
    Options
    They've slapped it in the middle Mech.

75/150/300.
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mechgouki wrote:
    Can someone tell me if the prices of Shields in this tourney is normal, or inflated?

Its halfway. 75 for 3 hours and multiplies
  • Match-making continues to improve by leaps and bounds, then. This has been static with 734 at #1 for I don't know how long, but certainly over an hour since its shield expired:
    mpq_bj_734.jpg
    Can I eat it, Demiurge? Can I? No? Ok, back to grinding 3* duos in place at 500.
  • Maybe they actually mean "Blind Justice"
  • Beast1970
    Beast1970 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I also awoke to a nice surprise this morning. Three attacks overnight, with a net 10 point gain instead of a loss. Defended two, lost one. I'm running a 3/5/5 L90 spidey, 3/5/5 L85 OBW, and 2/1/2 L41 DD. I also think the matchmaking is getting better as I see reasonable opponents. This might be a result somewhat of the boost prices. I used to use boosts for nearly every match, since the change I only used them in the last PVE to let me break into the 10000 progression reward. The boosts must have artificially inflated many players' MMRs, especially before the thorvarine nerf.

On another note, pretty sure Spidey will get his nerf Monday, I just got my 5th blue for him in the last PVP tournament. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Veracity wrote:
    Match-making continues to improve by leaps and bounds, then. This has been static with 734 at #1 for I don't know how long, but certainly over an hour since its shield expired:
    mpq_bj_734.jpg
    Can I eat it, Demiurge? Can I? No? Ok, back to grinding 3* duos in place at 500.

Ditto. Top of my bracket, on just over 800, is Musicman1776, who has a top 3 of Wolvie 2* lvl 58, IM35 lvl 50 and OBW lvl 47. No idea who he is fielding with DD. I mean, good on him, but i have literally never seen him or a few of his top ten cronies with even weaker rosters in rotation (and several are currently un shielded). It is disheartening - I only broke 700 once, only to get smacked back down before I could consider shielding. Every fight I see has a 100+ Spidey / Hulk / Punisher / other.

Why are the weaker players currently getting a ride to the top? I only have one DR Doom cover - this is a tourney I would like to place high in, but the odds are stacked against me.
  • MNKromann
    Options
    Just hit 600 points with my 49 Thor, 40 Juggernaut and 15 "Free" DareDevil.

stockpile and and damage boost helps so much and pays for itself. That and tactical skipping.
  • Either I'm in an insane bracket or they increased the points gain... I'm at 522pts and I'm not even in the top 45.
  • Doragon wrote:
    Either I'm in an insane bracket or they increased the points gain... I'm at 522pts and I'm not even in the top 45.

They seem to have lowered the pt loss from defeats in this tourney, particularly at lower levels. So more pts for everybody, top10 in my bracket are all over 630 at the moment.