Blind Justice - PvP Tournament

Options

Comments

• Wolfman wrote:
    I wish the hordes of lvl 100+ Spideys I seem to encounter everywhere felt the same way, but even in the Best there is tourny, I came back after 3 hours to 250 lost points.

And yeah, I forgot to mention. Patch is 5G/3R/5Y, OBW is 3P/5U/5B, Ares is 4G/4R/5Y

If you have 2AP spiderman you can attack way more things, especially is you chose to burn AP boosts. Mine was 5AP and I sure used him at some points but it's lightyears away. Now got much better with the plus blue but still better not press it without a good reason. icon_e_smile.gif

Note that it's the usual relativity stuff -- you skip when you have prospect for similar points but easier opponents (where easier may not mean brute strength just you being more familiar or have better matching team).

In that tourney I'd do with Wol**/OBW/Spidey on yours, kill OBW first while taking care of mana steal and collecting blue; then go after Patch helping out with stun. And Ares can wait up. Due to Wol buffed there is enough buffer in theory as he uses up the shared g/r and a yellow hit for 2k can be soaked up; Wol sill can regenerate some.

But if the same team had spdey instead of Ares that becomes too much fun -- one of them will likely hose me before I can take the control. With better spiderman even that goes fine.
  • This tourney helped me max out Hulk. It served its purpose well.
  • Koolbiird wrote:
    This tourney helped me max out Hulk. It served its purpose well.

Kool, what build did you do? 5/3/5?

Never mind, saw your roster in the elite event.
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    Koolbiird wrote:

I went 5/3/5. You'll use Thunderclap a lot more than Smash. Also, Hulk is usually the last one you'll attack so being low in Smash will keep him alive longer than going 4/4/5. The AI is stupid so this build is optimal in offense and defense.
  • Koolbiird wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:
    Koolbiird wrote:

I went 5/3/5. You'll use Thunderclap a lot more than Smash. Also, Hulk is usually the last one you'll attack so being low in Smash will keep him alive longer than going 4/4/5. The AI is stupid so this build is optimal in offense and defense.

In total agreement with this. And I should know; Koolbiird and I beat on each other regularly in PvP. icon_e_smile.gif
  • qtquazar wrote:
    Koolbiird wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:
    Koolbiird wrote:

In total agreement with this. And I should know; Koolbiird and I beat on each other regularly in PvP. icon_e_smile.gif

Lol, yeah and I'm better for it!
  • Yeah I regret going 4/4/4 so far (ultimately 4/4/5) with Hulk. Would have preferred 5/3/5.
  • jozier wrote:
    Yeah I regret going 4/4/4 so far (ultimately 4/4/5) with Hulk. Would have preferred 5/3/5.

That respec system can't come soon enough for you
  • Why would you ever use Thunderous Clap on offense unless you don't have Punisher, Patch, or GSBW on the same team? It's a very weak green power compared to all the other available options.

I never used Smash on offense either, but at least it's not strictly worse than every red power out there.
  • Kikujiro
    Kikujiro Posts: 157
    Options
    qtquazar wrote:
    Koolbiird and I beat on each other regularly in PvP. icon_e_smile.gif

Both of you beat me in this tournament and I haven´t got the guts to retaliate icon_redface.gif
  • Hulk is a meat shield. Black is his only "good" ability. Thunderclap is okay but given the current state of the game, if I'm using Hulk I could probably also use BWGS or Patch or Punisher and all 3 have better green abilities.
  • Kikujiro wrote:
    qtquazar wrote:

Both of you beat me in this tournament and I haven´t got the guts to retaliate icon_redface.gif

I've been burning my HP reserve on 3 hour shields to try for first this tourney, since the heavier hitters are burning everything in the elite league. icon_e_sad.gif There's only one other person in the top 10 in my bracket that doesn't have a laughable team--as in more than one character over L50. And the nature of Patches means I still suck up the occasional moronic loss to Thor's RNG. Gawd I hate that guy.

It took me over 60 flips to find a single match worth 20, and I haven't even cracked 800 pts yet. Dismal.

Something I've learned: The most broken part of the MMR is that as you rise higher, the players are more experienced, and so they wait to jump in at the 24, 8, or 3 hr marks (as I normally would)--so the matchmaking is the pits before then, defeating the purpose of chaining shields (especially at present cost). The devs are shooting themselves in the foot--last time I ever do this--only doing it because I thought I could steal one with the elite event on--but no, the MMR still leaves me vulnerable to PLAYERS WITH LESS THAN 100 POINTS. GAH.
  • Kikujiro wrote:
    qtquazar wrote:

I'm only Iso farming this one. By all means get your points.
  • Kikujiro
    Options
    If you find me again hit me, any of you, nevermind. I´m aiming for 2-3 Doom covers but the top five in my bracket is in the 500 mark. Also, I´m slaughtering teams with Wolverine, OBW and stock Daredevil thanks to Ares and OBW.

A couple of green matches, Onslaught to Wolverine´s face and you are good to go with a healthy team. Easy as pie.
  • Kikujiro
    Options
    More so, I´ve joined after 4 hours and I´m stil at 7th place with 544, 5th is at 561. So you can figure out.

Edit: unshielded, of course.
  • Kikujiro wrote:
    More so, I´ve joined after 4 hours and I´m still at 7th place with 544, 5th is at 561. So you can figure out.

Yeah, i see you on my rotation: 637, unshielded. Good luck; I'm high 700s now so no advantage to hitting you.

I want to fight Spencer75 who's sitting at 695, as he's holding a 111 Magneto and a 141 Hood (THAT sounds like a delightfully painful fight), but doing so probably wouldn't bode well for my ranking.

edit: Oop, 679, you're climbing again. Guess you're not reading this board icon_e_smile.gif
  • ragthor
    ragthor Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options
    qtquazar wrote:
    Kikujiro wrote:
    More so, I´ve joined after 4 hours and I´m still at 7th place with 544, 5th is at 561. So you can figure out.

Yeah, i see you on my rotation: 637, unshielded. Good luck; I'm high 700s now so no advantage to hitting you.

I want to fight Spencer75 who's sitting at 695, as he's holding a 111 Magneto and a 141 Hood (THAT sounds like a delightfully painful fight), but doing so probably wouldn't bode well for my ranking.

edit: Oop, 679, you're climbing again. Guess you're not reading this board icon_e_smile.gif
    qtquazar stop attacking ragthor lol ur killing me
  • ragthor wrote:
    qtquazar wrote:
    Kikujiro wrote:

Don't remember your team. Who are you fielding?
  • I wasn't able to get up to 800 but my bracket doesn't seem to move much. I just go up and then down and then retaliate for ISO and then back down lol
  • ragthor
    ragthor Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options
    qtquazar wrote:
    ragthor wrote:
    qtquazar wrote:
    Kikujiro wrote:

Don't remember your team. Who are you fielding?
    128 iron man 101 gbw 38dd