Blind Justice - PvP Tournament

Options

Comments

• Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    Lyrian wrote:
    Bottom right node on the PvP screen is now the desert stage, not the city stage

OH MY GOD YES THEY **** DID IT

Forest can go eat a **** now, time to **** **** up

(Y'know, more than usual)
  • Kelbris wrote:
    Lyrian wrote:
    Bottom right node on the PvP screen is now the desert stage, not the city stage

OH MY GOD YES THEY tinykitty DID IT

Forest can go eat a **** now, time to tinykitty tinykitty up

(Y'know, more than usual)

My Patch approves.
  • radiopy wrote:
    Is "too_many_pants" a new bot? He just showed up on my seed teams. It's clearly a bot, just curious if I had seen one before.

Along with Battle Angel and Bacon Magic....

IF you ever have any doubt, seed bots do not have a rooster you can view (it'll error out icon_e_wink.gif
  • darkmagearcanis
    Options
    Anyone have any ideas yet on the best team to use with DD?
  • My 38th level 2/0/2 Darevil is going to have his time to shine - and I was wondering if I'd regret pouring (admittedly, not all that much) ISO into him.
  • Tolken wrote:
    radiopy wrote:
    Is "too_many_pants" a new bot? He just showed up on my seed teams. It's clearly a bot, just curious if I had seen one before.

Along with Battle Angel and Bacon Magic....

IF you ever have any doubt, seed bots do not have a rooster you can view (it'll error out icon_e_wink.gif

I think in BattleAngel's case, they don't want you to feel inadequate about your own roster.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Twysta wrote:
    I'm not actually all that keen on the stockpile reward at 100, I'd rather a token.
    But considering it's worth 100HP these days, it's only a minor personal gripe. Guess I'm just going to have to use some of those 10 that's sitting in my inventory. I can't wait til they increase it. 10 max is ludicrously low.

I think it's pretty smart: having this reward makes it so that the player base isn't completely starved on +3 alls, and since they know that this reward exists probably for all future tournaments, they can use the +3 all strategically as the devs intended.

Yeah it's just personal preference on my part as I hardly ever boost and the only time I do is for ridiculous level PvE enemies or I have a full stack of 10 and want to use them to prevent wasting new ones I get.

I understand the implementation of it though.
  • Kelbris
    Options
    Just bought the daily DD token and got a green IW

first one, **** FINALLY, now my 4 blue has a use

The one cover that was eluding me
  • Kelbris wrote:

first one, tinykitty FINALLY, now my 4 blue has a use

Pft, Magneto NOW! blue for me.
  • nihilium
    nihilium Posts: 242
    Options
    So much for every taking care of the broken events. .. They just let them run out and now continue with business as usual...
    Kinda makes me sad :/
  • Kelbris
    Options
    By the way, I'm intentionally using low HP teams since I have no use for Doom covers (especially since I get them in standards ALL THE TIME) and I pretty much just want the 300 reward. If you see me, feel free to take a whack. I won't retaliate unless I don't like your face.

I think my highest HP is about 2800 on my 65 GSBW
  • Anyone have any ideas yet on the best team to use with DD?
    Any self-sufficient duo you like. For 99% of players, buffed or not he's a passenger who might occasionally eat a Sunder or Magnetic Translocation to justify his existence. Relying heavily on green and yellow rather than red for offense if your MMR's high enough that you'll be up against the grind-happy and/or lucky handful who have him at any meaningful level has an obvious upside. Alternatively, I assume: Spider-Man, stun lock Daredevil. But it's a bit redundant pointing out that one correct solution to any threat in the game is Spider-Man for the time being. I might run Moonstone for a while for a laugh; she can attack on purple.

At least when this is underway someone will be able to tell me what happens to a trap that's triggered while the Daredevil who owns it is stunned. That's been worrying me, and I don't recall it being investigated in his character thread, though someone might know from Oscorp by now, come to think of it.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    radiopy wrote:
    When the AI uses ambush, that is scary as hell given the damage.

BattleAngel1's ambush ripped me apart...it wasn't fun.

The top rewards are near impossible to reach in these events. IceX, is it possible to provide statistics on how often they are reached? I think I've made it close to 800 while finishing first. Even getting to 1000 is an absolute slog.
  • Kelbris wrote:
    By the way, I'm intentionally using low HP teams since I have no use for Doom covers (especially since I get them in standards ALL THE TIME)

Thanks for sharing that you keep getting Doom covers in standard tokens.

We all hate you now.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Veracity wrote:

At least when this is underway someone will be able to tell me what happens to a trap that's triggered while the Daredevil who owns it is stunned. That's been worrying me, and I don't recall it being investigated in his character thread, though someone might know from Oscorp by now, come to think of it.

Strangely enough, it still triggers.
  • Thanos wrote:
    Huh. Ok, we have a counter to Spider-Man that isn't Spider-Man. But they all have Daredevil animations attached! Ok, I'm worrying too much.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    Veracity wrote:
    Thanos wrote:
    Huh. Ok, we have a counter to Spider-Man that isn't Spider-Man. But they all have Daredevil animations attached! Ok, I'm worrying too much.

My Spidey got stunned for 7 turns by Daredevil. It is definitely deserved and I laughed after it happened.
  • mischiefmaker
    Options
    Really looking forward to this event to see how Daredevil plays on defense, specifically how easy it is to avoid traps. If people have impressions from early play, please post 'em!
  • Kelbris
    Options
    abuelo wrote:
    Kelbris wrote:

first one, tinykitty FINALLY, now my 4 blue has a use

Pft, Magneto NOW! blue for me.

Yeah I uh

Got the 300 token

Yellow bags
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Enemy DD used Ambush successfully; my team survived and then level 3 yellow cStorm wiped the floor with the enemy team, it was weird, I did not expect that at all (invisible traps duh).