Blind Justice - PvP Tournament

Options

Comments

• over_clocked
    Options
    Oversoul wrote:
    Is it just me, or is everyone else running into a lot of OBW/Wolverine teams? So much for "more unique teams..."
    Not true, I usually run OBW + Daken for faster killings or OBW + mStorm for satisfying ability flashes & loops and somewhat more slow but reliable killings. These choices are bad for defense, but I don't have much room here.
    Level 53 Wolverine is still cool, but my Daken is higher and spawns strike tiles like no one's business (almost every enemy team needs green! And Desert just invites this), my level 45 m.Storm has way more utility, so there. Enemy teams often field oBW/Daken/mStorm as well; in Desert/Jungle I regularly see Thor, Ares, cStorm. There are some Patches running around but frankly at levels 60-70 all they do is help kill them faster. Will probably stay true for levels 100-141 when I'm able to field other healthier people than oBW and mStorm, lol. There were also several Grey Widows but she's bad on defense.
  • Unknown
    edited February 2014
    Options
    This tournament is ridiculous: the top 5 is in the 800s now. I'm sitting pretty at 771 in 5th place because my MMR is perfect right now (seeing 60ish Thor/Wolvie), but I guess I'll make a push to 2nd place once the final 30 minutes roll in.

Now I'm thinking maybe something changed in the last day? If it's some persistent point changes you should have people hitting well over 1K immediately, since whatever that allows people to hit 800 right now should allow the early starters to hit much higher numbers (it's way easier to get a higher score earlier).

Looking at the NHB Elite tournament, the top scores are also much higher than they were last time, so there must have been some changes at some point.
  • I took myself to 48th place, because although I'd like some Doom covers I also need Moonstone (why? because! I want covers!) and 3 moonstone covers feels nicer than one Doom. Shielded now, because hey, why not...
    Using Daredevil 15, Modern Storm 50 and Black Widow Original 65. If you come across me, feel free to smack me mightily - there's not a lot of HP to get through there.
  • well i think i got lucky. i unshielded in 10th spot to try and get the extra doom cover and made it to 3rd. top 10 is shielded now so i think i made it icon_e_smile.gif
  • I find it funny I'm going to get top 10 without a DD cover. Can't say I've ever done that before.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    This tournament is ridiculous: the top 5 is in the 800s now. I'm sitting pretty at 771 in 5th place because my MMR is perfect right now (seeing 60ish Thor/Wolvie), but I guess I'll make a push to 2nd place once the final 30 minutes roll in.

Now I'm thinking maybe something changed in the last day? If it's some persistent point changes you should have people hitting well over 1K immediately, since whatever that allows people to hit 800 right now should allow the early starters to hit much higher numbers (it's way easier to get a higher score earlier).

Looking at the NHB Elite tournament, the top scores are also much higher than they were last time, so there must have been some changes at some point.

Myself and Spencer75 are over 1000 in our bracket. I've never even come close to 1000 before...I'm lucky to see an opponent worth 15 points now.
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    Options
    Phantron wrote:

I had a number of defeats earlier that the point losses were less than expected.
  • anybody named Xisco here? he unshielded trying to get his 3rd spot back off me and now the vultures have him. cant stop watching. its horrible
  • Moral wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

I had a number of defeats earlier that the point losses were less than expected.

That certainly seems like the most plausible explanation. I guess now it'd actually be worthwhile to play more. Even if you're in a MMR bracket of death (everyone is on and everyone is capable of defeating each other), you'll still climb together. Yesterday I had a similar MMR bracket and I did notice it does seem like everyone's point is increasing very slowly over time, but I attributed it a fluke and backed out. In retrospect I should've just kept playing.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bah, shielded too early. 1st place with 850 points: 2nd-4th range from 824-832. 5th-6th are unshielded at 792/805. Should have pushed to 875 or so. I just want the 3x dooms so hopefully this is enough points to get me there.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Aggressive Recon should have a fixed cost of 11 AP. Being able to get a level 3 Aggressive Recon with 2 matches in certain situations is too fast.
    Nope she's good as it is. At 8 purple, you still have to make choices whether to grab purple as early as possible (if the enemy team doesn't have an oBW, they often ignore purple as well), or not let the opponent grab their cheapest colour. Especially true for Ares' Onslaught, mStorm's Mistress, Wolverine's Feral Claws. oBW's not THAT formidable, but I do love her 8 purple. If every oBW out there had a fixed 11 purple cost for Recon, she'd be completely ruined; and any battle with two oBWs would turn into a dragged purple duel since oBW must go down first.

Yup mStorm + oBW just owned my butt in Jungle, but they were owning even before using Thorned Rose (duh). It's always a tough choice who to kill first, but I just had an unlucky board.
  • ok someone attacked me when i was shielded and i got an extra 16 points which leaves me in 2nd now with 699. i think i will unshield in the last 5 minutes and take a risk to get the captain america cover lol
  • I shielded in 2 place, but it's very tempting to uh shield and drop too matches for the win. I'm almost out of HP's, so I would prefer to take my 2-5 spot, but the gambler in me wants to sneak two more fights... Anyone see me in their bracket? I've seen some people in the elite tourney in my queue, so I guess my MMR is getting too high, even though I started this tourney tanking the first 15 fights.
  • Anyone else seeing the two 141 cMags teams in their queues? Don't think I'm going to unshield again this event.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hmm... I guess I'm safe in top 5: srdclark was the only one who could threaten us, and he's getting vultured...
  • I'm in first but my X-Force is 4/5/2 already. So not sure I want to spend HP to get a cover I may regret later on lol.
  • DirigiblePilot
    DirigiblePilot Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    locked wrote:
    I hit DirigiblePilot 2 times already, but I can't help it, he's worth like 30-40 points each time. I only want top 45 but anything else would be fine. If they are dispensing Moonstone covers maybe soon it will be her time to shine.

later edit:
    And locked, thanks for hitting me for -6.
    I'm sorry, I don't ever hit people for 6 points or even anything less than 20, I probably dragged out the match too much (taking breaks and whatnot) if that was the result you saw (you definitely were worth more when I started the match. Maybe a lot of people hit you in the meantime). I was pushing like a tryhard for a red Cap. America cover so I kicked a lot of people for points, hoping that many were asleep or something.
    Don't worry, I'll get my desserts in the last 5-10 minutes, as usual icon_e_biggrin.gif Not from you though probably.
    No shields for me yet since I need a free cover slot for, I dunno, Patch/Magneto MN!/IM 40. Those heroes I lack but wouldn't mind having.

Oh, what I meant was, I only lost 6 points from your victory over me, but the retaliation against you was worth more than 30.

And don't worry about hitting me back- I pushed to 800 and then shielded, so I didn't lose anything (would have lost 43 icon_eek.gif )
    Feel free to grab points off me any time. i probably won't mind that much. I'll speak up if I'm really pushing hard for something.
    But would you tell me how you're handling a level 43 Daredevil? I'd love to know icon_cool.gif
  • Unknown
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Omg! I broke the shield, then lost! Costing myself 27 points in the process. Then I won again, shielded, and found that I had actually less points than before I broke my shields. Waited for retal, then broke shields, put Hulkin and re-shielded (hoping to get a defensive win from Hulk). In the meantime, people have come out of nowhere, and even though I have a net 9 point improvement score, I am now at #4. If I fall from top 5, the 3 cheapo shields I bought would have been for nothing.

Here is another thing, something fishie is going on. When I was unshielded I cycled through 10 teams. They all had Spiderman's. Once I shielded, my queues were free of Spidermans. It was almost like it was enticing me to attack. If Someone else notices something like this I would be curious to know. Sure it could be a coincidence, but maybe not...
  • over_clocked
    Options
    But would you tell me how you're handling a level 43 Daredevil? I'd love to know icon_cool.gif

Good thing you were shielded, I'd feel bad, too, otherwise.
    What? Level 43 Daredevil is a problem? I usually kill DD last in this tourney, no exceptions. Usually in 1-2 hits when the field is full of Daken's strike tiles or mStorm has gained me 30 AP of every colour.

later edit: now I'm facing mStorm and Thor in Desert, that duo is dangerous. DD is all but forgettable in such a situation. But oh well, my board started with a purple 5-of-a-kind, so I'm good with this one already.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just got kicked out of the app mid-battle. ****.