Most Compatible Character/Team Compositions

Options

Comments

• Grantilis
    Options
    I was looking at the combination of: Star-Lord / Hood / X-Force. At optimal conditions it would seem this team would be lethal in PVP mode.

X-Force: HP:10960 64/09/11/10/82/73/4.0
    greenflag.png 8AP
    blackflag.png 11AP
    yellowflag.png 9AP

Hood: HP: 5100 79/13/70/12/11/61/4.5
    yellowflag.png 15AP
    blueflag.png Passive
    blackflag.png 9AP

Star-Lord: HP: 10960 73/64/11/82/10/11/4.0
    purpleflag.png 10AP
    redflag.png 8AP
    yellowflag.png 7AP

Looking at their abilities:
    Hood Tanks Yellow & Blue - Stay away from blue completely for obvious reasons.
    X-Force Tanks Black & Green
    Star-Lord Tanks Red & Purple

For color usage it would seem to me that you would want Star-Lord using his Yellow, Red, and Purple abilities, X-Force to use his Green and Black, and, Hood is mainly for his Blue Passive or occasionally his Yellow. With this combination, Hood is passively stealing colors, Star-Lord's Yellow makes all your abilities cost less to use, Star-Lord's Red makes enemy matches cost more, while X-Force just destroys the enemy with Black and Green.

Pro's:
    This is a denial team to the maximum. Everything about this team is about denying the enemy team the ability to use their abilities through Hood's Blue and Star-Lord's Red. Once you get the Yellow Countdown timer, Wolvie can get his firing off his X-Force for a low-low amount of 6AP greenflag.png

Cons:
    This is potentially a weak team defensively, until tested its hard to say how it performs. Hood is your weak spot offensively to use your yellow ability and his low health will make him die first. Also reliance on countdown tiles are always a **** shoot depending on where they are randomly placed.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Cyclops should have an obvious synergy with Patch and Mystique, since patch's yellowtile.png is passive and cyclops uses it to proc redtile.png. Mystique can generate purpletile.png and blacktile.png which will ensure a visor-off blast for 8-9k. If followed by a TBTI, you just dropped a minimum of 16k DMG. the problem with this group is hat you have so many viable paths to dmg, that gaining the right ap each time may lead to a diluted AP pool and dmg taken over time.

Cyclops and Daredevil have a potential huge pinball effect with Cyke's yellowtile.png and Daredevil's redtile.png. The abilites are only 15 ap total, so landing it is a big possibility.

Cyclops and LThor have an obvious synergy due to Cyke's ability to generate redtile.png and Thor's ability to keep yellowtile.png on the board.

Cyclops and Doom have affinity because doom can feed black ensuring Cyclops drops max dmg.

Cyclops obviously synergizes with a 5/3/5 4hor, since he can keep her red stocked.

As for IF, I would say he and Cage jive well. He and XFW or Doom will work splendidly, particularly if you are 3/5/5 with doom. You want IF's free attack tile, rather than relying on Doom's to do dmg.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Still semi maybe kinda sorta looking for someone to take the maintainence of this over.

I do like doing it but just can't give quite enough time to it that it deserves, particularly with the constant influx of new characters.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    Maybe make a different thread, asking about that in the title? Most people won't come to this very last page to see that request.

icon_e_smile.gif

ALSO....... could you at least go through and specify which Human Torch you're talking about, in the entries?
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    TLCstormz wrote:
    Maybe make a different thread, asking about that in the title? Most people won't come to this very last page to see that request.

icon_e_smile.gif

ALSO....... could you at least go through and specify which Human Torch you're talking about, in the entries?

The torches are exactly the same.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    Same thing for the Caps and Dakens and Thors?

Because SOME have the star ratings and others do not.....
  • spudzo0
    spudzo0 Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Options
    3* Storm - C.Mags - Iron Fist

Use Iron Fists purple to build up 12 black, then use C.Mags red to rid the board of TU as much as possible, then Iron Fist green for 6 strike tiles at 123 damage each (738), then Mohawk black for best case 39 attack tiles at 32 strength each (1248) boosted by the strike tiles already on the board, and maxed out you get 30,030 damage each turn. Obviously as you match away the tiles your damage will decrease significantly, but chances are you'll be punching for over 10k damage for at least 3 turns which should be more than enough to win you any match (assuming your teams squishyness allows you to survive long enough to pull of the combo).

Note* you could probably do without C.Mags here and sub in a more tanky character if you want better match sustainability, but I think being able to maximize the space available for attack tiles is pretty key.
  • Attack tiles proc as one attack, so they only gain the attack tile multiplier once, not 32 times. Also it's 32 attack tiles at 39 strength.
  • spudzo0
    Options
    daibar wrote:
    Attack tiles proc as one attack, so they only gain the attack tile multiplier once.

Understood but wouldn't each individual attack tile be affected by the strike tiles? Or are you saying that it is the sum of all attack tiles plus the sum of all strike tiles?
  • spudzo0 wrote:
    daibar wrote:
    Attack tiles proc as one attack, so they only gain the attack tile multiplier once.

Understood but wouldn't each individual attack tile be affected by the strike tiles? Or are you saying that it is the sum of all attack tiles plus the sum of all strike tiles?
    Yes, it all counts as one attack -> Sum of all attack tiles plus sum of all strike tiles.

Easy way to see this is if you take Modern Storm + 2*Daken (or 2*Wolverine). With a strike tile, cast Hailstorm and it does about 250 a turn, not over 1000.
  • spudzo0
    Options
    Well that shoots that team comp in the head... Logically speaking though, it would make sense that each attack tile was a separate entity and would be affected by the strike tiles no?
  • With the new nerfs : viewtopic.php?f=7&t=25304 some of this list is going to change.
    I think MNMags/CStorm is still decent, but not as good. I think Cap is his new partner. Wolv2* might be decent too.

Rags + 4Thor
  • daibar wrote:
    With the new nerfs : viewtopic.php?f=7&t=25304 some of this list is going to change.
    I think MNMags/CStorm is still decent, but not as good. I think Cap is his new partner. Wolv2* might be decent too.

Rags + 4Thor

My core team of MNMags/CStorm/mHawkeye is about to be about half as effective. Man, I spent a lot of time on that.
    Any other ideas on combos that would work?

Wolv2/MNMags/daken2?
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Looking for someone to take over the maintenance of this thread.
  • Hello Guys long time lurker, I just am starting to make the transition from 2 to 3. I currently have 4/2/4 doom and 2/4/5 patch. Which 2/3s would fit best alongside both of these for pvp/pve.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Czlondono wrote:
    Hello Guys long time lurker, I just am starting to make the transition from 2 to 3. I currently have 4/2/4 doom and 2/4/5 patch. Which 2/3s would fit best alongside both of these for pvp/pve.
    I like to play Patch + Doom + Black Panther/Luke Cage.
    Spidey also has some synergies with them and can help in early climb.
    Magneto or Storm also have usable yellow with Patch.
    From 2*, I'd probably pick Ms.Marvel to use her red and black after Berserker Rage. Her yellow can destroy friendly tiles, but it's good at the end of fight or at the start to accelerate other colors and TU. Ares and Thor are also good of course.

Of all these, Patch/Doom/Cage is probably the most foolproof team for AI on defense.
  • aftarquino
    aftarquino Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Hi All,

My first post in this forum.
    I usually play with Rocket&Groot + Falcon + Daken**; it´s a good team with Falcon yellowflag.png increasing the attack of Daken.
    Unfortunately my Daken*** is not strong enough to play.

Interesting to see Prof. X filling all the board with attack and defense after each special of Devil Dino purpleflag.png

Rgds
  • I use 2* Magneto/2* Storm/2* Black Widow a lot especially in the Deadpool Daily. (Granted this will change soon because of the update coming on 3/23/15 to 2* Magneto but until then.)

I know you are saying that yellow and black are wasted but at least they still do good damage because they are passive colors for Storm and Black Widow respectively.

I mainly use this combination with countdown tile groups like HAMMER, Maggie, and Hand groups.

I focus on Magneto's purple and Black Widow's blue for her ability to add rounds to their countdown tiles. The benefit to Magneto's purple is you almost always get 1 or 2 critical tiles while collecting blues for Black Widow. I then concentrate on greens for Storm to hopefully destroy a countdown tile or 2. But mainly to collect AP, think about it if you wait till your green is maxed out at 30 you use 12 to gain 30 mixed AP and then use it again to gain at least another 18 or more mixed AP for 12. And if you are lucky you have gained 6 more greens and can hit for a third time. So it is very likely that you will gain 60 mixed AP for 36 and doing damage for all 60. Then when I get enough red I drop a Magneto red tile for massive damage and more AP. Plus Black Widow is continuing to steal more tiles from the enemy with her black. Most of the time I can win without ever taking damage.

To be honest most days I can defeat Deadpool's Daily 4 waves for the 3* cover without ever taking damage. Near the end of waves 1 and 3 I concentrate on collecting 22+ blues so that when the 2nd and 4th waves pop up I can stun 2 of them and do 3600+ damage to all three. Then I hopefully have enough green and/or purple to gain enough more blue to use Storm's blue a third time. Then while they are stunned I unload with Magneto's red. I also try to time it right when the last enemy of waves 1 and 2 are down to 100-200 I use Magneto's purple to take it out and get a free move so that waves 3 and 4 never even get a chance to make a match.

I also like using 3* Magneto and 3* Storm with 2* Black Widow but more for PvP type situations. I'm currently working on a second 2* Black Widow that has her purple and Black maxed for stealing purposes, the 2* Black Widow mentioned above has purple and blue maxed so that she burst heals while adding rounds to the countdown tiles.

I concentrate on Magneto's yellow for protect tiles and Storm's black for attack tiles. At the same time I try to get enough of Black Widow's purple to steal their tiles. When yellow, black, and purple matches aren't available I look for what other colors are the most prevalent on the board. Reds to get a good massive hit with Magneto's red, unfortunately you generally only get one really good hit with this power because it takes so long for team up tiles to filter back into the board. Blues to get a good massive damage hit with Magneto's blue or Black Widow's blue if my team needs healed. Greens to get a bit of damage with Storm's green and to collect more AP.

After a short amount of time and some luck you will fill the board with protect and attack tiles. That way all you have to worry about is the special powers of the other team and you are doing over 1000 extra points per round.

As I gain more of his covers I plan on replacing Black Widow with Falcon because his yellow passively strengthens the protect and attack tiles and his blue passively steals the other teams countdown tiles. His purple then puts even more protect tiles down.

This is just two of my favorite combinations to date.
  • Patch/Doom/Elektra. While Doom can fill up most Purple squares, Elektra can convert the ones that fill up with strike tiles. (Patch/Spidey/Elektra is already listed).
  • Chirus
    Chirus Posts: 191 Tile Toppler
    Options
    yogi_ wrote:
    Is there someone/s who wants to create this as a wikipage and can maintain it and then we can just link to it directly? (seems a little more workable than a forum post).

It's starting to get a little tricky as a solo project to maintain, particularly with the constant stream of characters.

Or if you are ridiculously dedicated to the cause of keeping the thread updated, that could work too.

Should we make a new Wiki page or simply edit the character pages of the one already available? ie http://marvelpuzzlequest.wikia.com/wiki ... anny_X-Men)

I'm not savvy on how the format of this should look, so anyone have any ideas on how to go about doing this?