Most Compatible Character/Team Compositions

Options

Comments

• pizzaburger
    Options
    The best team for Classic Storm is:

Marvel Now Magneto and The Hood.

They don't have huge HP, but all three have attacks that collect AP, so after you get to a point you can just chain attacks almost unlimited.

Charge Marvel Now Magneto's purple, collect AP.

Now use Classic Storm's blue Wind Storm attack. Freeze and do 1800+ damage.

While collecting AP to repeat this cycle, you charge Magneto's Red and Hood's Black, which will activate Magneto's red immediately and collect a buttload of AP. Or collect yellow and get AP from twin pistols. Or just collect AP from Hood's passive. Or collect AP from storm's green (get 24 green AP and use it twice in a row. destroy 36 tiles, so beautiful.)

So, after you set this chain going, you can collect AP, use attacks and cycle without your enemy ever getting a chance to counter, which is crucial, cos this is a low hit point team.
  • Luke Cage fits well within the Mystique/MNMags combo, acting as a tank, single shield tile creator to reduce dmg to Mystique, and the main damage dealer with black (3/5/5 build). Was fun building up 18-30 black AP in the recent Hulk essential nodes and having him ko everything icon_e_smile.gif

In theory, he also works well with Thor4's yellow charged tiles, but am not sure how well it works in practice (don't have the covers).
  • I have a team specifically for rounds with the goons and gangsters. I use 1* Hawkeye, 2* Black Widow and Hood. Widows blue heals the team but most importantly increases all the timers on the board buying you time. Hawkeye can wipe out a row or insert a special tile and by the time they start to fill the board with countdown tiles you should have Hoods yellow powered up to clear some breathing room. I can do just about any countdown level (the ones without heroes or villains in the mix) without receiving any damage at all.

Note you can also use the mostly useless bag Spider-man, 1• Storm or Juggernaut as substitutions if you don't have Black Widow or Hood. Results will vary.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    TropicYeo wrote:
    Wondering what everyone's thoughts are on a good team comp comprised of

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_wolverine.png
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_thor.png

Thanks

If you're going the 3* route, and you're 5/5/3 with 4hor, Daken would work. Her yellowtile.png would be used for damage. If you're going 5/3/5, you'd prefer to use her yellowtile.png to abolish their ability tiles, but her bluetile.png would stun for longer. Daredevil's not a good idea, because his purpletile.png, redtile.png, and bluetile.png would be used sparingly. You'd want something with a good purpletile.png. I say DOOM, Hood, Black Panther (for the color redundancies), or Blade.
  • I'm really liking Lcap, patch, loki.

Loki provides awesome ap generation and defense (ap steal).

Lcap's red is high dmg + ap return, plus he can stun + ap return.
    Patch adds a nice 1-2 punch for offense.

Patch's green adds 6 strike tiles, Loki then turns into an offensive char if you create cascades with these strike tiles on board. Loki can also eliminate enemy strike tiles that are generated froM Patch's Green.

Has a good off/def mix for a team imo.
  • Do you guys know which 3 are my best combo for defense?

My top guys:

121 XFW
    102 Steve Rogers
    102 Psylocke
    102 Patch
    94 Ares, OBW, Modern Cap, 2* Daken, Modern HE, Johnny Storm, Classic Mag, Classic Storm, Modern Thor, 2* Wolvie, Hulk, Classic Ms Marvel
    91 Panther, 81 Spidey, 81 3* Storm

Thanks much appreciated!
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    Options
    dw316 wrote:
    Do you guys know which 3 are my best combo for defense?

My top guys:

121 XFW
    102 Steve Rogers
    102 Psylocke
    102 Patch
    94 Ares, OBW, Modern Cap, 2* Daken, Modern HE, Johnny Storm, Classic Mag, Classic Storm, Modern Thor, 2* Wolvie, Hulk, Classic Ms Marvel
    91 Panther, 81 Spidey, 81 3* Storm

Thanks much appreciated!

The best defensive characters are those with passives, low cost abilities, and big dmg. The thing about ares, for example, it that he has 3 dmg abilities and can't be used incorrectly. Contrast that with patch. His red is bonkers in the right situation, but i trust the cpu to use Thor or Steve Rogers better.

Think of it that way. If you have to think about tile placement or timing, hat character will suffer on defense. And that is why I think Daken rates so high. Cheap ability, true heals, repetitive bursts of dmg.....
  • Thanks ronin-san. I will try using that Thor-Steve Rogers-Daken combo. Is 78 Bulleyes worth having as defense or is his passive armor tiles still weak? I'm also thinking 2** Wolvie pairing with Daken might be useful but I'm not sure how the CPU uses that.
  • u cant go wrong with ares-daken on defence.
  • Fully covered Patch Loki Hood is the ultimate team when you don't have xforce/thor/etc.

I'm crushing 166 teams in shield simulator with 127 patch 121 loki 75 hood barely taking a scratch. Fully leveled Hulk/Thor/Lcap def teams mean nothing to me now. Can finally take on ~lvl 217 xforce teams.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    collect yellow and get AP from twin pistols.
    Not anymore
  • Unknown
    edited February 2015
    Options
    dw316 wrote:
    Thanks ronin-san. I will try using that Thor-Steve Rogers-Daken combo. Is 78 Bulleyes worth having as defense or is his passive armor tiles still weak? I'm also thinking 2** Wolvie pairing with Daken might be useful but I'm not sure how the CPU uses that.

Wolverine - Daken is a little bit of a nuisance but still usually easily beatable. The AI uses Heat as soon as it has enough AP, which is generally inefficient. You just have to make sure that Wolverine doesn't get 12 Red AP, and limit Daken's use of Heat with full strikes. In general, you can't stop both teams from matching green, so try to deny blue as well. Generally target Wolverine first, then Daken, using Heat against him if you can.
    OBW-Ares is still better if you have them.

Bullseye is only okay on teams where you'd generally match Purple anyways. He's ok with OBW, as his lower level makes him hide behind her and make Espionage still viable, and helps reduce damage to OBW. However, there's usually someone better than Bullseye to sub in.

Steve Rogers really needs red covers to be viable.
  • ayatorahxephon
    ayatorahxephon Posts: 94 Match Maker
    Options
    What? no love for Devil Dino?

Let me be the first

Devil Dino
    + Black Panther + Hood or Loki
    + X force + Nick Fury
    +Nick Fury + Hood
  • I've been going with Ares, Daken, and Thor 2* on defense as of late. Still losing against the big dogs but I've gotten a fair share of successful defenses as well, though I'd prefer more to keep my points from dropping. I have some newly upgraded characters as well but they don't have max covers yet.
  • beeatch
    Options
    Amazing work, any plans on putting this to WIKI world?
  • Carnage_78
    Carnage_78 Posts: 304 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I recently began my transition & I decided to go with a primary team of icon_blade.png / icon_rocket.png which is working very well for me.

Compatibility is actually very good... icon_cool.gif

* None of the characters go for redtile.png which is exactly what you want for icon_blade.pnggreenflag.png power.
    * The only overlap between the two character is greenflag.png but since icon_blade.pnggreenflag.png is a passive power then you get a good coverage without active power overlap.
    * icon_rocket.png are a tank with a lot of health & also get a chance to heal late in a match (both of which can be a solid strength on defence).
    * Offensively, both icon_blade.png & icon_rocket.png generate strike tiles but on different colours so they are not hindering each other's capability to generate them.
    * icon_blade.png offense abilities hurt in more ways than one with AP steal & attack tiles that damage every turn.
    * icon_rocket.pnggreenflag.png is very strong (high damage & board shake up that can create some good cascades once in a while) especially if combined with some strike tiles.

Basically, that duo icon_blade.png / icon_rocket.png can hurt you in many ways & can also handle themselves on defence.

Overall a good team to consider! icon_mrgreen.gif
  • amarrero
    amarrero Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Carnage_78 wrote:
    I recently began my transition & I decided to go with a primary team of icon_blade.png / icon_rocket.png which is working very well for me.

Compatibility is actually very good... icon_cool.gif

If you add Falcon to those two, you have a great PvE team. Groot tanks yellow, green and red (if in the center), Blade tanks black and purple and Falcon only tanks blue. You have two passives for yellow, actives and passives for both green and blue, plus two possible actives for purple.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    Is anyone gonna update for the last few newer characters?
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is there someone/s who wants to create this as a wikipage and can maintain it and then we can just link to it directly? (seems a little more workable than a forum post).

It's starting to get a little tricky as a solo project to maintain, particularly with the constant stream of characters.

Or if you are ridiculously dedicated to the cause of keeping the thread updated, that could work too.
  • http://marvelpuzzlequest.wikia.com/ is a decent place, but not well maintained.

Wolverine 2* + Daken + Starlord. Mainly a pve team, but Feral Claws at 4AP, Chemical Reaction at 3AP is pretty amazing.

I'll try applying for Tips and Guides moderator, but am sometimes away from the forums for weeks at a time (work/vacation).

Iron Fist +
    XForce + 4Thor
    Black Panther
    Luke Cage
    Cyclops

2*Wolverine +
    Cyclops