Comments

• yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Complete rewrite. Phew!
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    one addition to make is Spiderman goes very well with BWGS. Since BWGS has such low health but needs purple to be effective. Spiderman adds protect tiles and feeds GSBW purple to feed her green for sniper rifle.

For GSBW Hulk is another quality partner as he feeds her green and protects her with high health.
  • yogi_
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    one addition to make is Spiderman goes very well with BWGS. Since BWGS has such low health but needs purple to be effective. Spiderman adds protect tiles and feeds GSBW purple to feed her green for sniper rifle.

For GSBW Hulk is another quality partner as he feeds her green and protects her with high health.

Added. Thanks!
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I haven't gotten much of a chance to use this combo besides in his PvP and the last PvE, but Doc Ock & Patch work well together. Use Berserker Rage and then match away the purple tiles. Best to use this combo when you see a few purple matches around the board so you can match them away before giving your opponent any time to use those strength tiles.

If only there was someone with an active Yellow, Black, Purple combo to pair them with.
  • yogi_
    Options
    Pwuz_ wrote:
    I haven't gotten much of a chance to use this combo besides in his PvP and the last PvE, but Doc Ock & Patch work well together. Use Berserker Rage and then match away the purple tiles. Best to use this combo when you see a few purple matches around the board so you can match them away before giving your opponent any time to use those strength tiles.

If only there was someone with an active Yellow, Black, Purple combo to pair them with.

Got it, thanks!
  • yogi_
    Options
    Updated with some early 4* Thor suggestions.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would suggest that you remove Falcon + Punisher + [Black Panther or Captain Marvel]. If you've ever tried the team composition, you'll easily see that it's just way too slow. First, you need 8 green to cast judgement, and any yellow before then is completely wasted. Then, you need to match yellow after that, which isn't always available. Finally, you need to pray that the 3 tiles survive, since each tile that dies = 33% less damage on each inspiration match. Honestly, the only character that is good with Falcon is Daken: any other team that doesn't involve Daken probably shouldn't be running Falcon: he's just that niche.

Some more edits:

Colossus / Deadpool / Hood should be removed. This team doesn't cover green / blue, has a mediocre yellow, black, uncastable purple, and only covers red really as a good color. I get that the point is to throw into whales, but only covering 4/6 colors and having lots of them be very situational / expensive seems like a terrible idea. Colossus / LazyThor / Hood is much better: you get upgrades on yellow into an amazing ability, and have a green outlet to CtS, while maintaining the throwing synergy that the original team was going for.
  • yogi_
    Options
    I would suggest that you remove Falcon + Punisher + [Black Panther or Captain Marvel]. If you've ever tried the team composition, you'll easily see that it's just way too slow. First, you need 8 green to cast judgement, and any yellow before then is completely wasted. Then, you need to match yellow after that, which isn't always available. Finally, you need to pray that the 3 tiles survive, since each tile that dies = 33% less damage on each inspiration match. Honestly, the only character that is good with Falcon is Daken: any other team that doesn't involve Daken probably shouldn't be running Falcon: he's just that niche.

Some more edits:

Colossus / Deadpool / Hood should be removed. This team doesn't cover green / blue, has a mediocre yellow, black, uncastable purple, and only covers red really as a good color. I get that the point is to throw into whales, but only covering 4/6 colors and having lots of them be very situational / expensive seems like a terrible idea. Colossus / LazyThor / Hood is much better: you get upgrades on yellow into an amazing ability, and have a green outlet to CtS, while maintaining the throwing synergy that the original team was going for.

It's like they were never there. Thanks again.
  • falsep77
    Options
    .... what beserker rage+headbutt exploit? anyone care to explain this to me?

edit: never mind
  • 2* Human Torch complements Moonstone and 2* Cap team I previously mentioned. That only needed a green user to complete the rainbow. Johnny gives better abilities in black and red as well. Though if in PvE, you might still wanna use Cap's red since he can overwrite any tile at 5 red covers.

Another team I discovered today is Moonstone, Punisher and 3* Mags. All colors covered with active abilities and fun to play. Purple ability from Moonstone (nice damage or board setup or special tile counter), black - better to use Punisher's - , blue from Mags, red from anyone (usually Moonstone does the most damage), yellow from Mags and green from Punisher.

edit: GSBW, CMags and Hood also works well. All colors covered with active abilities.
  • yogi_
    Options
    Thanks again for these ideas, KevinMark. Always nice to get some more options for lesser used characters.
  • Is there any hope for a best 2* to use with a single 3* list in the future?
  • *rubs chin*

There is going to be goo-gobs of redundancy as currently formed. I'm thinking something akin to synergy concept might work better - especially since just listing the team, doesn't directly explain 'why'.

For instance...Daken (Classic)...

Daken (Classic):
    +Falcon (Mighty Avengers)
    +Falcon (Mighty Avengers) +Wolverine (Patch)
    +Falcon (Mighty Avengers) +Sentry (Dark Avengers)
    +Falcon (Mighty Avengers) +Psylocke (Classic)
    +Falcon (Mighty Avengers) +The Punisher (Dark Reign)
    +Falcon (Mighty Avengers) +Thor (Modern)
    +Falcon (Mighty Avengers) +Wolverine (X-Force)
    +Wolverine (Patch)
    +Wolverine (Patch) +Storm (Classic)
    +Human Torch (Classic)
    +Human Torch (Classic) +Falcon (Mighty Avengers)
    +Human Torch (Classic) +The Hood (Classic)
    +Human Torch (Classic) +Black Panther (Man Without Fear)
    +Human Torch (Classic) +Psylocke (Classic)
    +Human Torch (Classic) +Magneto (Classic)
    +Sentry (Dark Avengers) +Deadpool (It's Me, Deadpool)
    +Sentry (Dark Avengers)
    +Storm (Mohawk)
    +Thor (Modern) +The Punisher (Dark Reign)

That list is A LOT of teams, but in reality its just
    Falcon - Boost Strike Tiles
    Patch - Strike Tiles, Sustainability for climbing, colors don't overlap so they tank everything
    Human Torch - Passive offense with strike tiles increasing HT's green attack and inferno
    Sentry - Don't have to use Sacrifice when bombing and can heal himself
    Storm - (I actually don't know why)
    Thor - (Thor goes with everything except Patch)

The third party is rarely a factor in the team dynamic or just a multiplying factor...like a second damage dealer or someone protected by the tanking, but ultimately they are interchangeable with the strategy.
    - Unreall
  • That list is A LOT of teams, but in reality its just
    Falcon - Boost Strike Tiles
    Patch - Strike Tiles, Sustainability for climbing, colors don't overlap so they tank everything
    Human Torch - Passive offense with strike tiles increasing HT's green attack and inferno
    Sentry - Don't have to use Sacrifice when bombing and can heal himself
    Storm - (I actually don't know why)
    Thor - (Thor goes with everything except Patch)

The third party is rarely a factor in the team dynamic or just a multiplying factor...like a second damage dealer or someone protected by the tanking, but ultimately they are interchangeable with the strategy.
    - Unreall

Critiquing that Daken list specifically:

Daken + Falcon +...
    Psylocke - I don't get this, you get bad synergy due to not having any outlet for Green. Maybe a cheap strike tile in black? Probably for the same reason for Punisher, eg strike tiles + attack tiles synergy.
    Thor - Active Green/Red/Yellow abilities, as well as green/red
    Daken Wolverine Storm - Raging Tempest is Storm's add. Either Daken or Wolverine (any) take a big hit, triggering Raging Tempest, and then heal up.

Daken + Torch: use for green. Good red attack. Torch's Inferno and Flame Jet triggers attack tiles.
    + Hood ? Yellow attack? Steal green? I guess Hood's just that good. However, Hood should be underleveled to avoid tanking Blue.
    + Panther: ? Except for yellow this pairing doesn't make sense to me. Panther steals tanking from Daken on blue, making his healing less useful. under-leveling Panther doesn't make much sense either considering you want to use his Black.
    +Psylocke: I don't get this.
    +Magneto stronger outlet for Blue, protect tiles on yellow. Moderate increase in synergy.
    Daken + Storm: Black AP -> Lots of strike tiles, hard to clean. Outlet for yellow and green.
  • homeinvasion
    homeinvasion Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    yogi_ wrote:
    Beast and:

LOL icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    ^^About Daken + Torch + Psylocke team. I believe it's there because of its speed. Psylocke is there to place blacktile.png attack tiles sooner and also can save on redtile.png if fireball would be an overkill or when you have 5-7 AP and need to KO someone. Plus she still has more health than Torch and can cover him on redtile.png . Not for long but still... icon_e_smile.gif
  • Kolence wrote:
    ^^About Daken + Torch + Psylocke team. I believe it's there because of its speed. Psylocke is there to place blacktile.png attack tiles sooner and also can save on redtile.png if fireball would be an overkill or when you have 5-7 AP and need to KO someone. Plus she still has more health than Torch and can cover him on redtile.png . Not for long but still... icon_e_smile.gif

I don't disagree, but those benefits are so minimal, you might as well throw icon_doctoroctopus.png on there instead for his blackflag.png passive, saving blacktile.png for Inferno.
  • 2* Hawkeye + 2* Magneto as usual. Patch as the third.

Synergy: Adds green and yellow to color strengths leaving only black out. Gives an active ability in green. Patch's Berserker Rage strike tiles strengthen each Speed Shot. Mawkeye blocks purple tiles with Speed Shot meaning Patch will only create strike tiles for you as opposed to for enemy as well.

Last part's credit goes to papa07. The combo was mentioned for its strike tile + Speed Shot synergy only previously in a recent thread.
  • 2* Wolverine + 3* Black widow + the Hood (or storm with a black ability)

Wolf = greenflag.png 540 damage and minimum 1*35 strength tile yellowflag.png passive he heels 500+ redflag.png 3100+ damage

Widow = purpleflag.png steels 4 each color blueflag.png heels team (temp)for 1200+ and adds to timers blackflag.png passive steels 1 color if she makes a match + extra 122 damage

Hood = blueflag.png passive steal blue yellowflag.png damage shoot board earning AP blackflag.png 900 damage (Not jet at max of color) icon_cry.gif

All colors covered and passive overflow by teammembers and with BW heeling a on going battle chance when opponent is high of strength
  • MarvelsM wrote:
    2* Wolverine + 3* Black widow + the Hood (or storm with a black ability)

Wolf = greenflag.png 540 damage yellowflag.png passive he heels 500+ redflag.png 3100+ damage

Widow = purpleflag.png steals 4 each color blueflag.png heels team (temp)for 1200+ and adds to timers blackflag.png passive steels 1 color if she makes a match + extra 122 damage

Hood = blueflag.png passive steal blue yellowflag.png damage shoot board earning AP blackflag.png 900 damage
    (Not jet at max of color) icon_cry.gif

All colors covered and passive overflow by teammembers and with BW heeling a on going battle chance when opponent is high of strength

That's actually 2* BW. Also, while it is a rainbow team of active abilities, both Widow and Hood are fragile and you'd have to level them carefully if you still wanted OBW to steal Blue on matches (Hood max 104 or so). Black power is weak, and doesn't serve any of your abilities. You'd probably end up focusing on Green Red Purple in that order, letting Hood steal Black Yellow Blue.